FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I dont think he will end up there tbh. He doesnt seem keen on playing against Wolves but at the same time pretty much all the major Saudi clubs are owned by that despicable bin Salman and the Saudi PIF so while unlikely, it could well happen.

He is way, way better that the Saudi league, and tbh, i dont really think he wanted to leave Wolves unless it was for Barcelona, but how does a young man with a young family basically turn down a pay of a million a week? Its life changing, generational wealth for him. Still cant believe when you could pick him up for half the price of a Declan Rice, and he is easily as good if not better than him, that other teams in the Premier league havent tried to get him. Only thing i can think of he told Jorge Mendes he doesnt want to play against Wolves.
From the different football podcasts I had listened to, especially around the time he was briefly linked to United, it was made pretty clear he didn't want to go to another prem team.

Can't argue with him taking the money at all, completely agree with you on that point.

I think he would have been incredible at Barca in that league.

The Saudi league signing all these players and paying as much as they are, does beg the question when (not if) they'll be pushing for a super league type model to get their teams involved at the highest level.

From the different football podcasts I had listened to, especially around the time he was briefly linked to United, it was made pretty clear he didn't want to go to another prem team.

Can't argue with him taking the money at all, completely agree with you on that point.

I think he would have been incredible at Barca in that league.

The Saudi league signing all these players and paying as much as they are, does beg the question when (not if) they'll be pushing for a super league type model to get their teams involved at the highest level.

I can remember China a few years ago paying fortunes for players to go to their league, but this Saudi league seems at a different level. They seem hell bent on raising the profile and the standard there and they are signing players like Kante, Neves and Benzema who could all still be playing top level football in Europe where you look at say America or China when they did it, they all seemed to sign players who were pretty much well past their best. Going to be interesting to see what happenes.

Man United and Chelsea have reportedly come to an agreement for the signing of Mason Mount.

Man United had a third bid rejected and looked to be backing out of any potential deal, but Chelsea came back with a counter offer, $55 million with a further $5 million in add-ons. Man United have reportedly accepted the deal.

He'll undergo a medical and finalise personal terms, he'll be signed on a deal until 2028 with an option for a further year.

Man United have also reportedly pulled their offer of a contract extension for David De Gea. It looks like he's leaving.

Uniteds window will be;

Mount 55m, Onana 55m and Hojlund 50m. Plus add ons at least for Mount and probably the others since we have shit negotiations and everyone knows it.

Needed a Neves/Caicedo/Frenkie/Rice type and bought another attacking mid that we can't use beside Casemiro away from home or against the top 8.

We did need a better Bruno rotation, but it was further down the list than our first signing.

Only chance I see for more signings than those 3, are sales (which is seeming more and more unlikely as nothing is happening) or very late in the window after the season has started IF Qatar takeover goes through. But the longer that sale drags the less likely that is too.

De Gea leaving, is what it is. Putrid behaviour not giving such a good servant a proper send off, several POTY/Golden Gloves but clearly he isnt what we want/need anymore.

There's just still so many depth upgrades needed its scary.

Mount is a good signing. Would've happily taken him at Pool.

De Gea would be a god in a previous era - probably a bit like McCullough in some ways!

De Gea leaving, is what it is. Putrid behaviour not giving such a good servant a proper send off, several POTY/Golden Gloves but clearly he isnt what we want/need anymore.

He was on the verge of signing an extension until that FA Cup Final. It seemed to rub Ten Hag the wrong way.

Needed a Neves/Caicedo/Frenkie/Rice type

We're still chasing Caicedo despite the Mount signing. Not sure where we're getting the funds from, from my understanding Brighton want a ridiculous amount for him, but he's still on the radar.

I would say there's a few players that will be leaving in the coming weeks.

We're still chasing Caicedo despite the Mount signing. Not sure where we're getting the funds from, from my understanding Brighton want a ridiculous amount for him, but he's still on the radar.

I would say there's a few players that will be leaving in the coming weeks.
According to Fabrizio we were never actually in the race for Caicedo and he seems likely to be Chelsea bound.

Guess we'll see.

Szoboszlai would be a very handy pickup if Liverpool get him. Quality player.

Szoboszlai would be a very handy pickup if Liverpool get him. Quality player.
was just going to mention. not going to claim to watch a lot of the bundesliga but he looks quality. only 22 as well. will be nice to have a threat from outside of the box.

Anyone watched Harry Amass much? Can't say I've seen much of him.

We've signed him and he's regarded as a future superstar.

Dunno why, I think its because it doesn't have the badge, but this reminds me of a Liverpool kit.

Screenshot 20230701 003351 Twitter

You have to respect Luton, a small club with a stadium based within houses(you literally have to enter a house to get into the stadium).

One of the last real clubs with no outside help to get to the top league, they were literally a non league club a few years ago, the first club in history to play non league football and make the Prem.

Getting there purely on good management, as the prem becomes more and more a rich persons game this might be the last we see of this.

It's stories like this that make me love the game.

I watched their Prem playoff game against Coventry as well, it was brutal going to penalties.

My issue is not that they spend lots of money. My issue is they do it under the table, claim they are legit, and then when they're found breaching it 100 times... they kick up a stink and put the FA into legal purgatory, basically.

Show me any of the other big spending clubs that did that and I'll call a spade a spade. I had no issues with United spending it up because they did it on their own terms.
I think this is probably going on in a lot of big clubs particularly in other leagues. But take your point on the evidence front.

Mount is a good signing. Would've happily taken him at Pool.

De Gea would be a god in a previous era - probably a bit like McCullough in some ways!

I dont rate Mount that much at all tbh. If he wasnt at Chelsea i think you are looking at half the price United are paying.

Shocking what the did to De Gea really. He signed the contract then United pulled it. Scummy behaviour from a scummy club.

You have to respect Luton, a small club with a stadium based within houses(you literally have to enter a house to get into the stadium).

One of the last real clubs with no outside help to get to the top league, they were literally a non league club a few years ago, the first club in history to play non league football and make the Prem.

Getting there purely on good management, as the prem becomes more and more a rich persons game this might be the last we see of this.

It's stories like this that make me love the game.

I watched their Prem playoff game against Coventry as well, it was brutal going to penalties.

Wimbledon did it previously and won the FA cup, and stayed in the top flight for 14 or 15 years. Incredible what they achieved.

I'd also add with Luton, they were a top flight club and won the league cup in the 80's and 90's then it all just fell apart for them.

I think some people forget there was actually life before the Premier league.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • broncotville
  • Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • mystico
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.