Ennis officially gone.

By all the reports the players are asking too much money.

I'm not saying Cullen is a bad CEO. I'm saying he's a dousche.

A shame, but I knew it was coming so its not that much of a surprise.

Hopefully we have someone good in mind to pick up to replace Mick. Either that or give McCollough or Butterfield a run next year off the bench.

Cant keep everyone I guess! Dogs will smoke it next year if they hold on to SBW.

Burg said:
I don't understand why all of a sudden everyone is saying that Cullen is a bad CEO... We have always had players leave, although not many young players I’ll grant you, usually players nearing the end of their careers. This makes me think back and remember that the past few years many posters in this forum openly criticised Bennett calling for him to step down to bring in a new face with new ideas, almost everyone wanted change, even after our 2006 GF win. Now I suppose we are seeing the result of what happens to a club when a coach leaves. I’m always bemused by the wording of some of the comments like “I think Bruno Cullen has major issues...... we had the biggest turnover of players in our history in the offseason, sign one guy this year... and look at what we lose, a massive core of our side for the future. Give me Hannant and Ennis any day over Israel. Surely Stagg could have been shafted before one of those 2 as well....†It was well documented that the Bronco HAD to lose at least 3 players to fit Folu in and stay under the cap, sorry it wasn’t one of the players, you want to get rid of.

And another beauty “We've now let go of Kemp, Hannant and now Ennis†How exactly did we “let them go?†There was no way the Broncos could have matched what they were offered, do you think Bruno would have kept them if it was possible?

All clubs lose players, welcome to the NRL. I don’t suggest you have to like it, but you will have to accept it.

Just looking forward to the 2 years of finger pointing and moaning ala when the cub "let" Priddis go.

Very dissapointing, but as others have said, we all expected it. I'd want to wish him luck (esp cause he is one of my favourite players), but it's hard to wish luck to Bulldogs players, even if they are Ennis and Hannant.

Burg said:
I don't understand why all of a sudden everyone is saying that Cullen is a bad CEO... We have always had players leave, although not many young players I’ll grant you, usually players nearing the end of their careers. This makes me think back and remember that the past few years many posters in this forum openly criticised Bennett calling for him to step down to bring in a new face with new ideas, almost everyone wanted change, even after our 2006 GF win. Now I suppose we are seeing the result of what happens to a club when a coach leaves. I’m always bemused by the wording of some of the comments like “I think Bruno Cullen has major issues...... we had the biggest turnover of players in our history in the offseason, sign one guy this year... and look at what we lose, a massive core of our side for the future. Give me Hannant and Ennis any day over Israel. Surely Stagg could have been shafted before one of those 2 as well....†It was well documented that the Bronco HAD to lose at least 3 players to fit Folu in and stay under the cap, sorry it wasn’t one of the players, you want to get rid of.

And another beauty “We've now let go of Kemp, Hannant and now Ennis†How exactly did we “let them go?†There was no way the Broncos could have matched what they were offered, do you think Bruno would have kept them if it was possible?

All clubs lose players, welcome to the NRL. I don’t suggest you have to like it, but you will have to accept it.

Obviously league is more business than not these days, and player turnover is a reflection of that, i just dont think the Broncos made a wise choice shafting Hannant and Ennis for Folau when the outside backs we currently have are adequate enough. In fact i'm quite content with the roster we have at the moment, i think it is one of the most well rounded we have had in a long time.

Take Hannant out of that and our front row stocks are looking very, very thin. Sims has been impressive and will no doubt move up front next year as he has been playing in tight anyway, whilst the others have hardly set the world on fire. Clinton has had an average last few years at best and is a good support act but no pack leader, Kenny is a solid bench player at best and whilst im praying DT comes good he needs a massive attitude adjustment. McGuire, whilst promising, won't be ready for any sort of responsibility for a few years. Thaiday and Parker are backrowers and their talents are better served on the fringes. IMO theyre fairly inneffective taking the first 2 hittups or playing through the middle third.

The losses of Kemp, Davies, probably Hewitt and Moon and possibly? Boyd I can easily live with. They may be talented, but as outside backs their contribution to our team will always be limited. We are already blessed with superstar backs in Hunt and Hodges whilst Stevie Michaels is nothing to sneeze at. One of either Beale or Tupou will no doubt be ready to nail down a first grade spot towards the end of next year so i feel we are very well served there, whilst struggling for quality up front; so IMO the Folou money could have been spent a lot more wisely. Even if it ment paying some overs for someone in a position of importance for us (ie. Hannant or Ennis). This is the point i'm trying to make.

I understand contracts would have been upgraded, but when you lose 5 of your highest paid players in Carlaw, Berrigan, Tate, Petero and Carroll... on top of Thorn, Ennis, Hannant and contractual nuffies like Davies, Kemp (Moon and Hewitt?) in 2 years whilst gaining Marsh, Sims, Clinton Wallace and Folou, there is something wrong. We may not have played our full hand re recruitment this year, but geeze, if we are feeling the squeeze there has to be some players running around on more than they are worth, hence my criticism of Bruno.

It was to be expected, and have been prepared for this for a while.

Still very disappointing [icon_thumbs_do

spoonbled said:
These players talking about the culture there have obviously never been to cabramatta before.

What exactly is that meant to mean?

the drugs, the crime in cabramatta, a high bulldogs fan base liverpool/fairfield way

Is this just a generalisation or you actually know that for a fact?

I live in the Cabramatta area and even though the perception is that its high in concentration of crime and drugs, its probably one of the most positive places in terms of culture. They've had a massive cleanout in the past 5 - 10 years and I really don't like the fact that you're holding that perception. Fairfield to Liverpool is a fair distance away and the western suburbs aren't that dangerous to be honest and those who live there can back me up on this.

The Bulldogs are based further inner west with the Canterbury area and even there I wouldn't say the level of crime and drug dealing is nearly as high.

Coxy said:
Jebadude said:
Son of a bitch dammit. I am sure he'll put in his best for the rest of the year though, he is not one to lie down [icon_wink

[icon_lol1. MB, over to you! [icon_wink

Disappointing, but life goes on. He's a bit of a mercenary. To be, what under 25 and off to his 4th club...

icon_thumbs_u Thanks for thinking of me.....sad that Louganis is going from a footballing ability stand point but tbh it isn't the end of the world the kid in reserve grade has talent and Ballin (here's hoping) is a consistent good quality hooker in first grade plus Marsh is there all else failing. And yes he is a mercenary and there are far too many like him in the game. Will not miss for one minute his whinging expressions when penalised or his 3.5 pike somersault's.

Is it true he only signed for 800K over the 3 years? So on average it's 270K a year...
It doesn't sound like he's chasing money at all. It's sounds more like we really just didn't want him...

I mean, the way he's been playing, I would have imagined the Bulldogs would have signed him for quite a bit over 300K...

yeh but is he worth that money knowing he is quite often injured and has so far only ever strung 4 or 5 games of quality together. I have said it a few times I feel that Bruno has a surprise up his sleeve for the Hooking position... Also possible Henjak doesn't like Ennis character.

Beads6 said:
yeh but is he worth that money knowing he is quite often injured and has so far only ever strung 4 or 5 games of quality together. I have said it a few times I feel that Bruno has a surprise up his sleeve for the Hooking position... Also possible Henjak doesn't like Ennis character.

The Bulldogs have lost quite a few players, and I think Ennis would suit their style of football quite a bit, especially considering they have no organizers in the side now that Sherwin isn't playing for them. I would really have imagined at least 300+K, if there were other teams after him.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  • Bronx48
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.