Ennis officially gone.

Bred not brought remember. Seriously though everybody knew it was coming and I think everybodys over it now. Do we sign anoter hooker or use McCollough from next season.

Shame. Was always going to happen though. He chases the cash.

Son of a bitch dammit. I am sure he'll put in his best for the rest of the year though, he is not one to lie down [icon_wink

Oh well. We all knew this was coming anyway. Let's just move on.

Spud said:
Do we sign another hooker or use McCollough from next season.

Well we've still got PJ for a few more years and by then (if not before) McCullough or Butterfield should be ready to to step up. Apparently Matt Ballin could also be coming back from Manly.

Still very disappointed to lose Ennis. Although, as robbie said, he does seem to follow the money.

Jebadude said:
Son of a bitch dammit. I am sure he'll put in his best for the rest of the year though, he is not one to lie down [icon_wink

[icon_lol1. MB, over to you! [icon_wink

Disappointing, but life goes on. He's a bit of a mercenary. To be, what under 25 and off to his 4th club...

I am sure we will all have much fun next year yelling abuse and calling him a diver etc etc etc. Of course he'd never do anything like that in Broncos colours. After the way we carried him through his injuries the last couple of years, tsk tsk tsk.

I think Bruno Cullen has major issues...... we had the biggest turnover of players in our history in the offseason, sign one guy this year... and look at what we lose, a massive core of our side for the future. Give me Hannant and Ennis any day over Israel. Surely Stagg could have been shafted before one of those 2 as well....

guys, u know what someone told me over the weekend? "be careful what you wish for". i know the player drainout isnt bennett related but we r going into a new season with one of our most inexperienced teams and to top that off, a rookie coach as well. i think we all have reason be be a little scared.

m1c said:
I think Bruno Cullen has major issues...... we had the biggest turnover of players in our history in the offseason, sign one guy this year... and look at what we lose, a massive core of our side for the future. Give me Hannant and Ennis any day over Israel. Surely Stagg could have been shafted before one of those 2 as well....

It's not a manner of choosing between players. Hannant and Ennis would cost more to keep than Stagg as they can demand more due to their higher market price.

Hannant and Ennis are losses no question. But IMO it is worth losing both to sign Folau. Hannant has not been one of our best forwards so far this season I don't think and Ennis has had a year of being injured then a fairly ordinary year and now 1 great month.

Folau is already one of the most dynamic players in the game and is only going to get better. I know people have questioned signing him but anyone who can watch him play and say he is anything but extremely special knows very little about rugby league.

you're not wrong.... we have an extremely, extremely young side... and of our young players under 25 we've lost 2 of our 4 most important (Hunt, Wallace being the others)

Bruno Cullen, well done.

robbie mustoe said:
It's not a manner of choosing between players. Hannant and Ennis would cost more to keep than Stagg as they can demand more due to their higher market price.

Hannant and Ennis are losses no question. But IMO it is worth losing both to sign Folau. Hannant has not been one of our best forwards so far this season I don't think and Ennis has had a year of being injured then a fairly ordinary year and now 1 great month.

Folau is already one of the most dynamic players in the game and is only going to get better. I know people have questioned signing him but anyone who can watch him play and say he is anything but extremely special knows very little about rugby league.

Hannant and Ennis would be worth more than just Israel, what i meant was id prefer to keep them even if we lost Israel, Stagg and the couple of wingers.

Of course Folau is a freak, but we arent going to get much of a chance to unleash him if our forwards arent winning the battle in the middle of the field, and Hannant and Ennis have been a huge part of that this year... A backline consisting of Hunt, Hodges and Michaels is more than enough strike power for mine.. i think we got greedy.

we have no reason to be scared. we will be fine next year. struggle first few rounds and then fire up hard

I agree draggx - a team with Hunt, Hodges, Folau, Lockyer, Wallace, Thaiday, Clinton etc. isn't a team to be sneezed at.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.