Ennis officially gone.

It will be interesting how Ennis and Kimmorley combine together. At teh end of the day losing Ennis will also see more Money go to Wallace who will hopefully be at the Broncos for many years to come. Wallace is far more important than Ennis IMO.

Beads6 said:
It will be interesting how Ennis and Kimmorley combine together. At teh end of the day losing Ennis will also see more Money go to Wallace who will hopefully be at the Broncos for many years to come. Wallace is far more important than Ennis IMO.

Oh, I forgot about Kimmorley. Fair enough then, he should be the chief Bulldogs organizer.

I don't think Kimmorley and Ennis would combine too well - they'll clash because both naturally would want to direct the side themselves. It's kind of like Kimmorley and Adam Dykes clashing.

I'm happy with us keeping Wallace, but I think we would have been even better off with Ennis in the side as well.We could have seen a fantastic combination in Ennis/Wallace/Lockyer/Hunt. I don't see the same with PJ Marsh unfortunately...

In fairness to Marsh we haven't really seen him on the field for long periods of time since he was injured in round 3 or 4. He was on fire before he got injured so hopefully he can find that form back and create a great combination with Wallace, Lockyer and Hunt

It's true that we haven't seen him at his best here, but I just don't think he fits well into the way we play football.
Also, I don't think it was really Marsh who was on fire at the start of the season - just our forward pack. I don't think Marsh on fire would add as much as Ennis on fire...

Only time will tell.. Marsh is not a hooker that organisers a side more of a darter and impact Hooker. Much like Berrigan and we won the Premiership with him in the 9!

Yeah, I hope you are right. I don't rate him highly, but I still hope he proves me wrong.

Alec said:
Yeah, I hope you are right. I don't rate him highly, but I still hope he proves me wrong.

Do you rate anyone other than Ennis highly though?

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:

Do you rate anyone other than Ennis highly though?

Yeah. I kinda feel Ennis is actually underrated here, even though that might be hard to believe for some. I don't think some people realise all the things that he offers...

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Coxy said:
Jebadude said:
Son of a bitch dammit. I am sure he'll put in his best for the rest of the year though, he is not one to lie down [icon_wink

[icon_lol1. MB, over to you! [icon_wink

Disappointing, but life goes on. He's a bit of a mercenary. To be, what under 25 and off to his 4th club...

icon_thumbs_u Thanks for thinking of me.....sad that Louganis is going from a footballing ability stand point but tbh it isn't the end of the world the kid in reserve grade has talent and Ballin (here's hoping) is a consistent good quality hooker in first grade plus Marsh is there all else failing. And yes he is a mercenary and there are far too many like him in the game. Will not miss for one minute his whinging expressions when penalised or his 3.5 pike somersault's.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm wouldn't say I got you hook line and sinker but I'll call that a catch and release icon_thumbs_u

Beads6 said:
yeh but is he worth that money knowing he is quite often injured and has so far only ever strung 4 or 5 games of quality together. I have said it a few times I feel that Bruno has a surprise up his sleeve for the Hooking position... Also possible Henjak doesn't like Ennis character.
I agree icon_thumbs_u

spoonbled said:
These players talking about the culture there have obviously never been to cabramatta before.

Cabramatta is part of the Parramatta Eels catchment area. It has nothing to do with the bulldogs.

Jebadude said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Coxy said:
Jebadude said:
Son of a bitch dammit. I am sure he'll put in his best for the rest of the year though, he is not one to lie down [icon_wink

Disappointing, but life goes on. He's a bit of a mercenary. To be, what under 25 and off to his 4th club...

icon_thumbs_u Thanks for thinking of me.....sad that Louganis is going from a footballing ability stand point but tbh it isn't the end of the world the kid in reserve grade has talent and Ballin (here's hoping) is a consistent good quality hooker in first grade plus Marsh is there all else failing. And yes he is a mercenary and there are far too many like him in the game. Will not miss for one minute his whinging expressions when penalised or his 3.5 pike somersault's.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm wouldn't say I got you hook line and sinker but I'll call that a catch and release icon_thumbs_u

You did well Mr.Jeb however when its this topic I am happy to be baited icon_thumbs_u

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Jebadude said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":2fnh848o]
Coxy said:
Jebadude said:

You did well Mr.Jeb however when its this topic I am happy to be baited icon_thumbs_u[/quote:2fnh848o]

And should I fail I'll always have my argument for how wog ball is for poofs icon_thumbs_u

Jebadude said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Jebadude said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":17fc4jer]
Coxy said:
Jebadude said:

You did well Mr.Jeb however when its this topic I am happy to be baited icon_thumbs_u

And should I fail I'll always have my argument for how wog ball is for poofs icon_thumbs_u[/quote:17fc4jer]

Nice try lol

My understanding is that Ennis has always said he would return to NSW as that is where his and his wife's family are based. This combined with the obviously higher salary available down south it doesn't appear unusual (or unexpected) that he would sign with a Sydney based club when his contract was up. Surely we don't have the right to say he has been disloyal or "chasing the money". I'm more disappointed with Ben Hannants departure, as he said on several occassions that he intended to remain in Qld long term. But when all is said and done, we could not offer the same as their "new" clubs, nor should we have tried to do so. It is with their career and family in mind that they move on to greener pastures and I wish them luck and success. Have greatly enjoyed watching them play for the Broncos and will continue to do so for the rest of the season.

Alec said:
Beads6 said:
yeh but is he worth that money knowing he is quite often injured and has so far only ever strung 4 or 5 games of quality together. I have said it a few times I feel that Bruno has a surprise up his sleeve for the Hooking position... Also possible Henjak doesn't like Ennis character.

The Bulldogs have lost quite a few players, and I think Ennis would suit their style of football quite a bit, especially considering they have no organizers in the side now that Sherwin isn't playing for them. I would really have imagined at least 300+K, if there were other teams after him.

There is no way he has played even close to a level where he could demand over 300k per season. This should be reserved for proven origin players and internationals, not an injury prone player who has had a good 6 weeks.

robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:
Beads6 said:

The Bulldogs have lost quite a few players, and I think Ennis would suit their style of football quite a bit, especially considering they have no organizers in the side now that Sherwin isn't playing for them. I would really have imagined at least 300+K, if there were other teams after him.

There is no way he has played even close to a level where he could demand over 300k per season. This should be reserved for proven origin players and internationals, not an injury prone player who has had a good 6 weeks.

If Alec had a team, he'd blow the salary cap just picking the backline and hooker.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • azza.79
  • The True King
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.