Ennis officially gone.

Jebadude said:
robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:
Beads6 said:
yeh but is he worth that money knowing he is quite often injured and has so far only ever strung 4 or 5 games of quality together. I have said it a few times I feel that Bruno has a surprise up his sleeve for the Hooking position... Also possible Henjak doesn't like Ennis character.

The Bulldogs have lost quite a few players, and I think Ennis would suit their style of football quite a bit, especially considering they have no organizers in the side now that Sherwin isn't playing for them. I would really have imagined at least 300+K, if there were other teams after him.

There is no way he has played even close to a level where he could demand over 300k per season. This should be reserved for proven origin players and internationals, not an injury prone player who has had a good 6 weeks.

If Alec had a team, he'd blow the salary cap just picking the backline and hooker.

He would give half his 4mil to Louganis, seriously though Louganis is not worth near 300k he has had a couple of hot months preceded by a mediocre career tainted by the stink of injuries, plus he's a diver [icon_wink

fairfield isnt close to cabramatta???

I live in the area too. My house is the only 1 in the street that hasnt been robbed cos of our boxers.

1 of our cars ahot at and a bullet hole in our drain pipe a foot away from my bedroom.

And its not because of me ;)

I for one am sort of bitter that he's walking out after what, 2-3 seasons of unavailabilty due to injury but still on the payroll. Way to say thanks.

Yeah I know it's a business.

Beads6 said:
yeh but is he worth that money knowing he is quite often injured and has so far only ever strung 4 or 5 games of quality together. I have said it a few times I feel that Bruno has a surprise up his sleeve for the Hooking position... Also possible Henjak doesn't like Ennis character.

Yes, I agree. Particularly with a lot of talk surrounding Smith. Smith has also not signed on the dotted line for a $1 million contract (don't know how many years).

This will hurt us the most out of any of our losses for next year IMO. Ennis sniffing around the ruck has given us SO much momentum and great chances in attack this year. Yes, PJ Marsh is a class act and if we do secure the signature of Ballin things will be a little better.

I must say though, I hoped for more. Due to injuries, we're only finally seeing his talents now and I wish it could've been that he signed on for just a few more years.

Ah well, such is life. No doubt about it, the Bred not Bough Bullcos are looking a little better for 09. Or would they prefer to be called the Brondogs? [icon_lol1.

mick! said:
This will hurt us the most out of any of our losses for next year IMO. Ennis sniffing around the ruck has given us SO much momentum and great chances in attack this year. Yes, PJ Marsh is a class act and if we do secure the signature of Ballin things will be a little better.

I must say though, I hoped for more. Due to injuries, we're only finally seeing his talents now and I wish it could've been that he signed on for just a few more years.

Ah well, such is life. No doubt about it, the Bred not Bough Bullcos are looking a little better for 09. Or would they prefer to be called the Brondogs? [icon_lol1.

just like the Sydney Roodogs [icon_razz1

broncosil said:
Beads6 said:

Yes, I agree. Particularly with a lot of talk surrounding Smith. Smith has also not signed on the dotted line for a $1 million contract (don't know how many years).
Well the Dragons hated Ennis down there....wanted him out of there club, so perhaps something similar up here? eusa_think

Frank the Tank said:
im happy that hes leaving and im unhappy that hes leaving. unhappy because hes been playing really well for us. happy because hes a prick and a grub.

Why was it not a condition of re-instatement that Frank change his signature before being allowed back? It still makes me sick every time I look at it. Disgraceful that someone claiming to be a fan can do that. You, sir, are the grubby prick.

Frank the Tank said:
im allowed to not like karmichael hunt. im a fan of the Broncos, not hunt.

how about we keep the personal insults out of here hey robbie?

I tend to agree with Robbie. Fair enough, don't be a fan of Hunt.

But to laugh at a serious injury to ANYONE is really shit form. Regardless of who they are and which team they play for - my opinion wouldn't change regardless if it featured Hunt, Lockyer, Mason or Mat Farking Rogers. It's been mentioned time and time again - PLEASE remove it, Frank. You might detect a little more respect and people could even treat you seriously.

It's all good mate - it wasn't an order or anything like that... you can keep it if you really want, but I just think it might help your cause and not give those debating you some extra ammo!

mick! said:
It's all good mate - it wasn't an order or anything like that... you can keep it if you really want, but I just think it might help your cause and not give those debating you some extra ammo!
It just reminds me how tough Special K is cos on his next appearance he was outstanding for Australia and wasn't scared off, was only made tougher. Yay Karmichael! icon_thumbs_u

I actually think Locky is signalling to the QLD trainer to insert the playmaker program into K's floppy dick drive.

Did I say that?

mick! said:
[quote="Frank the Tank":el7wladj]there we go, all done. enjoy icon_smile

[icon_lol1. Much improved - actually does make me lol![/quote:el7wladj]
although karmichael set up most of denan's tries on friday night, so it doesn't make much sense [icon_lol1.

Jebadude said:
robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:
Beads6 said:

The Bulldogs have lost quite a few players, and I think Ennis would suit their style of football quite a bit, especially considering they have no organizers in the side now that Sherwin isn't playing for them. I would really have imagined at least 300+K, if there were other teams after him.

There is no way he has played even close to a level where he could demand over 300k per season. This should be reserved for proven origin players and internationals, not an injury prone player who has had a good 6 weeks.

If Alec had a team, he'd blow the salary cap just picking the backline and hooker.

I dunno about the whole backline, but I'd defintely spend the majority of it on Ennis, Michaels and Shane Perry.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.