Enough already - kick them out, permanently

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Time for a swaps IMO.

North Sydney Bears playing out of Gosford in the NRL, South Sydney their feeder club in the NSW Cup icon_thumbs_u

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
South Sydney Sharks:

1. Brett Kearney
2. Nathan Merrit
3. Nigal Vagana
4. Ben Pomaroy
5. Luke Covell
6. John Sutton
7. Brett Kimmorley
9. Craig Wing
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Paul Gallen
12. David Kidwell
13. Greg Bird

14. Isaac Luke
15. Luke Douglas
16. David Fa'alogo
17. Luke Stuart

Bot bad...

Anthony Tupou and Reece Williams would make that team for sure.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
South Sydney Sharks will never happen for one reason...the colours! Blue and Green, man!

Now where's that violently ill icon? [icon_lol1.

I'm not sure Souths should be kicked out or relocated....yet. Rusty and Holmes a Court clearly have a plan (which is not "hope that 20% of that 100,000 fair weather fans show up each week" like Piggins) and should be given some time to turn the club around financially and on the field. Let's say 4 years then pack 'em off to Perth or Adelaide. They would truly be Souths in Adelaide!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
briareos said:
South Sydney Sharks will never happen for one reason...the colours! Blue and Green, man!

Now where's that violently ill icon?
[icon_lol1.

I'm not sure Souths should be kicked out or relocated....yet. Rusty and Holmes a Court clearly have a plan (which is not "hope that 20% of that 100,000 fair weather fans show up each week" like Piggins) and should be given some time to turn the club around financially and on the field. Let's say 4 years then pack 'em off to Perth or Adelaide. They would truly be Souths in Adelaide!

My heavens - God has vomited!

And even though I once supported Souths on the basis of (NRL) tradition, I came upon this quotation (source forgotten):

“Tradition is an explanation for acting without thinking".

At the same time, against the Broncs, SOUTHS looked ok to me, and I don't think they'll go winless for too much longer. as long as they pass their in-house breath tests... [icon_drun

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bu ... 42145.html

On the other hand, haven't they got a brilliant coach! [icon_lol1.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It just gets worse for the bad news Bunnies:

Rabbitohs Take Internal Disciplinary Action Against Five Players

28 Apr 2008

The South Sydney Rabbitohs will drop four players from its NRL side, as well as make a change to its captaincy, for this Sunday’s game against the North Queensland Cowboys at ANZ Stadium at 3pm.

The Rabbitohs will make Ben Rogers, Jaiman Lowe, Eddie Paea and Fetuli Talanoa unavailable for selection this week, and David Kidwell will relinquish his co-captaincy, after breaches to the players’ standards following the game against the Brisbane Broncos last Friday night.

The Rabbitohs NRL side is:

1. Nathan Merritt
2. John Tamanika
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Beau Champion
5. Germaine Paulson
6. Dean Widders
7. Issac Luke
8. Manase Manuokafoa
9. George Ndaira
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. David Kidwell
12. David Fa’alogo
13. John Sutton

Interchange:

14. Beau Falloon
15. Shannan McPherson
16. Luke Stuart
17. Eddy Pettybourne

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-N ... ayers.html

How about that for an intimidating bench...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
That halves combo is so much worse than last weeks, it ain't even funny. At least they didn't use Jeremy Smith, otherwise it would have been downright abysmal.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Arn't the players being punished enough by just having to play for the club? This could be a blessing for them.

Does anyone know what they did? eusa_think

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
What needs to happen is all the sydney teams need to merge and become 4. Sydney, Northern Sydney, Western Sydney and Southern Sydney. And all the clubs keep their identity in the NSW competition. That way they only need to invest heavily in four major stadiums and the teams can keep their traditional stadiums for their NSWRL Competition.

I'm not completely sure about goegraphical position but here is my suggestions

Sydney - Sydney Roosters, South Sydney Rabbitohs
Northern Sydney - North Sydney and Manly Sea-Eagles
Western Sydney - Penrith, Parramatta, Wests, Balmain, Bulldogs
Southern Sydney - Cronulla, St George, Illawarra.

Allow people to purchase dual tickets. For example Oneeye Manlyman purchase his ticket for the Manly v Balmain match and brookvale played on the saturday evening he has the option to upgrade for half the price for seats to attend the Northern Sydney v Brisbane Broncos match sunday afternoon.

I know that is not ideal but you get my idea. This would open up a great opportunity for teams in Perth and Adelaide as the elite players would have to look at other options to get more game time but i believe thier NSW competition would be very good and would compete for TV viewings.

P

Prince Langer

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Jargernaut said:
What needs to happen is all the sydney teams need to merge and become 4. Sydney, Northern Sydney, Western Sydney and Southern Sydney. And all the clubs keep their identity in the NSW competition. That way they only need to invest heavily in four major stadiums and the teams can keep their traditional stadiums for their NSWRL Competition.

I'm not completely sure about goegraphical position but here is my suggestions

Sydney - Sydney Roosters, South Sydney Rabbitohs
Northern Sydney - North Sydney and Manly Sea-Eagles
Western Sydney - Penrith, Parramatta, Wests, Balmain, Bulldogs
Southern Sydney - Cronulla, St George, Illawarra.

Allow people to purchase dual tickets. For example Oneeye Manlyman purchase his ticket for the Manly v Balmain match and brookvale played on the saturday evening he has the option to upgrade for half the price for seats to attend the Northern Sydney v Brisbane Broncos match sunday afternoon.

I know that is not ideal but you get my idea. This would open up a great opportunity for teams in Perth and Adelaide as the elite players would have to look at other options to get more game time but i believe thier NSW competition would be very good and would compete for TV viewings.
Balmain is not in the west so i would include them with Roosters and Rabbits.
4 Sydney teams is a lot better than 9

G

4 Sydney teams isn't enough though. Are we going to have a 8-10 team comp and play each other 50 times a year like they do in the A-League?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'd say 6 would about do it.

I want a massive comp, and if the players on their wage can't deal with more games, play another sport.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
... and, even if they did get Barrett, Souths HAVE to learn that buying one marquee player who did well five years ago isn't enough anymore.

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
I dont care at all. Who cares if they're in or out.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Sabu_2008 said:
I dont care at all. Who cares if they're in or out.

A lot of people in this thread. It's not just about supporting your own individual teams, it's about supporting the NRL and wanting it to progress.

South Sydney offer absolutely nothing to the competition or todays game.

Kan Huang

Kan Huang

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
4 Sydney teams isn't enough though. Are we going to have a 8-10 team comp and play each other 50 times a year like they do in the A-League?

A-League only play each other once or twice.. eusa_think It's not a very long season.

I just think for a long-term issue the NRL has got a lot to address and fast because they're becoming very slow in identifying the need to expand to other states. The AFL have identified this and the A-League is rapidly establishing itself in the states of SA and WA. They need to relocate a number of teams and I don't think its a magnificently large issue if you relocated teams that have been out of favour or performed below par in the competition in recent times.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • Broncs1459
  • Browny
  • teampjta
  • Totally Unr3al
  • MrRobot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Swordfish
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.