Enough already - kick them out, permanently

SimplyBronco said:
Meat77 said:
4 Sydney teams isn't enough though. Are we going to have a 8-10 team comp and play each other 50 times a year like they do in the A-League?

A-League only play each other once or twice.. eusa_think It's not a very long season.

I just think for a long-term issue the NRL has got a lot to address and fast because they're becoming very slow in identifying the need to expand to other states. The AFL have identified this and the A-League is rapidly establishing itself in the states of SA and WA. They need to relocate a number of teams and I don't think its a magnificently large issue if you relocated teams that have been out of favour or performed below par in the competition in recent times.

It's actually 3 times a season. The reason the season isn't very long is cause there is only 8 teams.

Nashy said:
Sabu_2008 said:
I dont care at all. Who cares if they're in or out.

A lot of people in this thread. It's not just about supporting your own individual teams, it's about supporting the NRL and wanting it to progress.

South Sydney offer absolutely nothing to the competition or todays game.

Yeah - like today's result? :shock:

Maybe we should kick the Cowboys out - they can't even beat Souths!!!

Pfft, who cares if they beat the Cowboys. They are second last, and playing horrible football.

Nashy said:
Pfft, who cares if they beat the Cowboys. They are second last, and playing horrible football.

Hmmm - trouble is probably at least 1/3 of their team will represent Qld.

Souths are starting to come together as a team. I don't think they should be under-estimated, and I look forward to their future results.

rnabokov said:
Nashy said:

If the rep teams were picked on the way players are playing, then they shouldn't be. Simple. Loyalty rules the rep season in the NRL, which IMO is stupid.

Also, the Cowboys as a team are playing like crap, some indivdual players who get thrown into the QLD team will play very well. That's just Origin, and QLD spirit.

Nashy said:
rnabokov said:
Nashy said:

If the rep teams were picked on the way players are playing, then they shouldn't be. Simple. Loyalty rules the rep season in the NRL, which IMO is stupid.

Also, the Cowboys as a team are playing like crap, some indivdual players who get thrown into the QLD team will play very well. That's just Origin, and QLD spirit.

I agree with you. At the same time, Souths have some very fine young talent and they are starting to show their potential, which IS good for NRL.

Holy dooly. If some of Souths players are living up to their potential, DEFINITELY kick them out now! If they're peaking, sheesh! [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
Isaac Luke - Roy Asotasi - Nathan Merrit.

End list of quality players at South Sydney.

I rate Craig Wing too. If he ever gets his shoulder right.

I note that Souths winning a game is a capital E "Event" to some, just like I said. Kick them out.

If anyone read the paper you would've thought they won the premiership with supposed players suited up, shaking hands with each other and all that shiznazz. Ridiculously over-the-top celebrations. I still want them out. [icon_thumbs_do

I don't even rate Merritt. Quick and a good finisher - he could well sneak into my top 25 outside backs in the competition, but he'd be nowhere near my top 10.

Luke, Wing and Asotasi are all definitely talented, but they also have a whole lot of coach killers - guys who can rip it up on their day, and then be useless for the next six weeks. i.e. Vagana, Sutton, Kidwell...

To this day I haven't seen Kidwell "rip it up". I've seen him dominate the penalty count, but that's only benefit to his opponent. I've seen nothing to understand why he gets the raps he has throughout his career.

Kidwell was cut from the Kiwi team. Tells you all really.

Kidwell goes alright when the team is playing well, ie Storm 2006 but once the proverbial hits the fan. Kidwell is not going to lead a side out of the darkness.

Stupid thread. Souths have A LOT of fans in Sydney, more then most clubs. Their supporters are very passionate, I've been to quite a few of their home games and they really get into it. The build up to the season opener against the Roosters was incredible, you would have thought it was a grand final...

There is something really wrong with the recruitment at Souths, they didn't bring in enough players in the off season.

Kidwell is past it, so is Vagana, and a bunch of their juniors aren't up to first grade. Injury to Craig Wing hasn't helped either. I'm sure they'll finish the season strongly and prove you all wrong.

souths will finish the season on 12points.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Maddy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.