Extract from Webcke's book

mrslong said:
I'm glad he pulled this book. He should get off his high horse.

[icon_ee You serious?
This guy is the most down to earth respected guy in league circles. What a silly statement to make. Makes me angry that anyone could even say that about Shane Webcke.

Watching The Back Page on Fox last night and Kent actually explained the whole situation and Shane and what he is about so much better than what we are reading in the papers.
Personally myself I don't think he needed to go into a description of what went down on the night basically word for word. Shame that is being thrown aroundagain in the press.
Also a pity that Hunt seems to be getting so much blame and the other guys not so much for the whole happenings of that day/night.
What happened to mates looking out for mates? [icon_shru OH! Forgot! The Captain was pissed as well was he not...

Beads6 said:
Go out on the street and ask 50 young blokes aged between 19- 24 if they have had threesomes or foursomes before I think you will be surprised.

Well I don't know many people around my age that have, and if as many as you say have done it, to be honest I would be pretty disappointed. I knew the morals of people my age were generally low but it only seems to be getting worse.

Scotty said:
Beads6 said:
Go out on the street and ask 50 young blokes aged between 19- 24 if they have had threesomes or foursomes before I think you will be surprised.

Well I don't know many people around my age that have, and if as many as you say have done it, to be honest I would be pretty disappointed. I knew the morals of people my age were generally low but it only seems to be getting worse.

See Scotty from what I gather you are not a pill popping disco clown and you don't play football by the looks of it.. It is usually the guys that play team sport and are into drugs that get up to this behaviour. I though it was the minority that took drugs but I was wrong. I was one of a few out of 20 people who play Cricket in my Cricket team that don't regularly take drugs. I was treated like the outcast for not being a drug taking piece of scum.. Last year I went on a footy trip most of the guys once drunk were trying to line up chicks to tag team in there hotel rooms.

I know plenty of blokes who run in those circles but I don't know any that participate in those activities. Either way, it's pretty sad.

The latest on the book is its back on schedule to be released. Apparently when Webcke found out how much it would cost to pull it he had a change of heart.
If this turns out to be true I wonder if the whole thing was a publicity stunt or his morals top out at $150k

eusa_think

The story about the Broncos chapter came out anyway, i think that would have been the main reason he wanted it to be shelved, since the story was released, might as well release the whole book.

Coxy said:
Beads6 said:

Then ask them if it was with 2 of their male mates, some random scrag and in the toilet of a nightclub....

I think the vast majority would go "**** that's sick!" and not in a Fat Pizza "that's cool" kinda way.

Was just about to respond in a similar way. What people do in the privacy of their own homes, unless it is illegal, is their own business. But in a nightclub? Come on it is pathetic.

As for the extract I tend to agree with him. Maybe it is time that these footballers realise that their behaviour is irresponsible, unethical, childish and even dangerous.

Whether they like it or not, they are not normal people. They are high profile, highly paid footballers, in which sponsors, clubs, and fans have invested time and money in. If they don't like the fact that they are responsible for their actions and that they will be watched and judged, then maybe they should go elsewhere. Maybe they can work in a real job and earn a hell of a lot less.

And I actually think that fact that he thinks this ways and isn't afraid to say it is probably one of the reasons the Broncos wanted him on the coaching staff this year - if the players step out of line you can be damn sure Webbie will tell them to pull their heads in in no uncertain terms.

But THB, this is nothing that he didn't say publicly at the time of the incident.

Beads6 said:

But how many are professional footballers? As Shane said

As a professional in high-profile sport, you are ‘on show’ most of the time. It’s a fact of life these days when sportspeople are so readily identifiable. To blokes who don’t or can’t accept that, I’d simply say, ‘Well don’t play high-level rugby league, then, because in the 21st century that happens to be the way it is.’

I don't have any problems with what Shane wrote, as would many broncos fans.

but wait .........didnt shane take roids and get caught and the nrl didnt release it to after he retired

i could be wrong...

but wait .........didnt shane take roids and get caught and the nrl didnt release it to after he retired

i could be wrong...

rod78 said:

i could be wrong...

Did you read his book... Don't sprout uneducated bullshit on here unless you're going to give everyone the whole story.

listen champ
my point is this he was up on his high horse wanting to condem the players without evidence and also wanting to keep his situation out of the media so it doesnt get twisted, he expected the nrl to keep his situation quiet and not release a statement which was done for him, And nashy i do know the whole story and i think its you with the one sided uneducated bullshit. and for the record i believe webcke was telling the truth

listen champ
my point is this he was up on his high horse wanting to condem the players without evidence and also wanting to keep his situation out of the media so it doesnt get twisted, he expected the nrl to keep his situation quiet and not release a statement which was done for him, And nashy i do know the whole story and i think its you with the one sided uneducated bullshit. and for the record i believe webcke was telling the truth

Johns admitted to doing hard drugs during his career. Webcke got caught up with a prescription drug... I fail to see how you, as the educated one here could possibly compare the two... champ.

listen champ

rod78 said:

i could be wrong...

You are very wrong. Tablets for an infection if I recall. Don't try to make Shane the bad guy here. If anyone knows more of what went on than even the press itself deem to, it would be Shane.

Do people who "know the whole story" generally end their posts with "i could be wrong..."?

Just askin'...

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.