Extract from Webcke's book

Playing ability while under the influence of drugs you mean?

Love your sig Queenslander...Alt+Tab is awesome.

It's like when the missus says no hanky panky...PWNED.
It's like when Chris Sandow smashes the crap out of a bigger player...PWNED.
It's like when Shane Webcke says you shouldn't have been allowed to play in a semi because you're a dirty toilet rooting degenerate....PWNED.

Getting this back on track, i really think it reeks of Webcke making money out of the scandals. I mean I already have his Warhorse book, which was great, and I already have a copy of his coffee table book which is also awesome. Why does he need a 3rd book to rabbit on his opinions about the game. He's only been retired for 3 years for crying out loud.

It's made me go off him a bit tbh.

Who are you to dictate how many books people are allowed to write?

As Webcke himself said this morning, those that know him know him well enough to know he's not the type who would go for a cheap publicity stunt. Given the way he has always carried himself and the type of person he appears to be, on and off the field, I think he's entitled to the benefit of the doubt on this one.

mrslong, why shouldn't he be allowed to write another book and in that book criticise people? So what if it's the code and club he bled for that he's bagging? Surely with his stature in the game he's entitled to do that? And the fact that he's only relatively recently retired I think makes it all the more relevant. If he'd been out of the game for years and had nothing to do with it since, then I think we could all say he should probably have kept his opinions to himself, but he's not been gone that long and he is still well and truly involved with the game.

If simply writing a 3rd book and stating his opinions has made you go off him a bit, then it obviously doesn't take much.

I want to see Johns' manager say that to Webckes face the gutless piece of shit. Everything about Andrew Johns is just so hateable, I can't think of a sports personality i hate more.

I'm not saying he shouldn't write the book, I'm just saying that to me it reeks of making money off the scandals. I don't know him, so I can only go on what I see.

I've just gone off him a bit... because of it.... [icon_shru

Scotty said:
I want to see Johns' manager say that to Webckes face the gutless piece of shit. Everything about Andrew Johns is just so hateable, I can't think of a sports personality i hate more.
And I am still of the opinion that Andrew Johns is not fit to lick the mud off Webcke's boots...let me go on the record and say that!

mrslong said:
Getting this back on track, i really think it reeks of Webcke making money out of the scandals. I mean I already have his Warhorse book, which was great, and I already have a copy of his coffee table book which is also awesome. Why does he need a 3rd book to rabbit on his opinions about the game. He's only been retired for 3 years for crying out loud.

It's made me go off him a bit tbh.

Making money out of scandals? If this was another player, that thought might have gone through my mind, but Webcke isn't someone who would be into publicity stunts..

Exactly right fenomeno. You say that you can only go by what you see. Well whilst you might not know him mrslong, surely you've seen and heard enough about him in the past from those that do know him to imply that he wouldn't be the sort of person to do that, yet one incident has changed your mind on him. He says it's not a publicity stunt, I think he's earned the right for us to believe him.

I said I'd gone off him a bit...not altogether! Sheesh! [eusa_doh I still like him for all the things he has done and stands up for, just this has put a sour taste in my mouth.

I wonder if I would be as annoyed if he had of just released it in the first place? I'm not sure. eusa_think

It's just not something I would do to my club, or players I was coaching. Seriously. I wouldn't do it, and I wouldn't want someone I respected and looked up to, to do it to me!

What about respecting him for having a cocos to actually say what he feels.

I get what you're saying and I never said you'd gone completely off him, I said you'd changed your mind on him and gone off him a bit which is what you said yourself. All I'm saying is that surely given all he's said and done in the past, he should be given the benefit of the doubt when he says he would never do that for a publicity stunt is all.

OK, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt it's not a publicity/money making stunt.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.