Extract from Webcke's book

guppy said:
Do people who "know the whole story" generally end their posts with "i could be wrong..."?

Just askin'...

It's only the uneducated who don't.

johns situation is irrelevent my point is webcke is condeming the situation with the broncos playing the players but when he gave a positive result for what ever reason and as i said i believe him he wants to keep it quiet... Not even a press statement

Ok Rod. For someone as educated as you are, I would appreciate if you would use some grammar. This helps me read whatever link you are trying to make from these two seperate incidents.

Webcke tested positive to a prohibited drug. The first person he spoke to was his coach, the correct bodies were advised of the situation, and based on that, there was absolutely no need to take it any further.

So because of an infection, he was prescribed a prohibted drug by a doctor, which of course he would take. Being educated, I'm sure you would do the same, because the doctor knows best.

Now somehow, because of circumstances completely out of the control of a young football player, he should have to keep his mouth shut about something that hurts his club, and him personally? He should just forget all the good he's done for this game, it's fans and the club he loves?

Surely that's not what you're saying Rod. Surely not.

what im saying is this

No, he shouldnt have to keep his mouth shut

but

When he was faced with his situation his answer was to keep it hush hush incase it gets twisted. If the media got hold of it would he have stood down.

what im saying is this

No, he shouldnt have to keep his mouth shut

but

When he was faced with his situation his answer was to keep it hush hush incase it gets twisted. If the media got hold of it would he have stood down.

Again. You are comparing two completely different incidents. They can't be compared, at all.

thought Shane didnt know the prescription drug was banned? If so thats a completley different circumstance from Joey.

spoonbled said:
thought Shane didnt know the prescription drug was banned? If so thats a completley different circumstance from Joey.

Exactly. The doctor prescribed him a pill for his infection. Of course he's going to take it.

Mad dog got banned for taking prescribed medication from a doctor. But you are missing my point, all im saying is Dont condem people when you dont have the strength to reveal your own situation and let people form a opinion for themselves.

How old was he Rod?

Think about how much he has matured since that happened.

Nashy said:
How old was he Rod?

Think about how much he has matured since that happened.

There lies the problem with many older people and the younger generation.

Many forget to remember what they did as a young person. Seems so easily to forget they were once young and not perfect. Cannot put an old head on young shoulders no matter the position they are in in life nor how much money they are making.
BTW Webcke did say he has done some beauties himself in the past and in no way was he making out he was perfect.

Scotty said:
mrslong said:
I'm glad he pulled this book. He should get off his high horse.

:roll: What a ridiculous thing to say. As one of the most admired Broncos of all time, Webcke has every right to voice his opinions of the disgraceful behavior of those 3 players. And it isn't a matter of being on a high horse... anyone with decent, respectable morals will know what the 3 players did was dirty.

By who's definition? If it was legal there was no problem... well, except for the dramas it caused the club/game. That's another issue.

gUt said:
Scotty said:
mrslong said:
I'm glad he pulled this book. He should get off his high horse.

:roll: What a ridiculous thing to say. As one of the most admired Broncos of all time, Webcke has every right to voice his opinions of the disgraceful behavior of those 3 players. And it isn't a matter of being on a high horse... anyone with decent, respectable morals will know what the 3 players did was dirty.

By who's definition? If it was legal there was no problem... well, except for the dramas it caused the club/game. That's another issue.

And that's what Webcke was talking about. He said the police matter was a totally separate issue decided by other people, nothing to do with him or the NRL.

But he said the behaviour of the players brought the game and the club into disrepute and by letting them play, the Broncos magnified that aspect.

He also pointed out that the police advised them they should let them play so as not to give the impression of "guilt".

That's not in dispute, I was talking about the "morals" involved. Old ground though I suppose.

Well suggesting it brings the game into disrepute is decided purely on what society's lowest common denominator morals are...if there wasn't moral outrage from enough people it wouldn't have been a media issue and wouldn't have brought the club or game into disrepute.

A high profile individual's morals simply don't matter. They are judged on society's morals.

And again, old ground, but if they don't like it, become a plumber.

Johns was unavailable for comment, but his manager, John Fordham, said: "A large and intelligent group got it right when they chose Andrew Johns to be the half-back of the century.

"They also got it right in deciding to not include Shane Webcke."

Holy fucken snap batman

Hahahaha, snap...not so sure, more like way to be childish.

More than a few people share Webbie's opinion that the team of the century should've been chosen on more than playing ability.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • tajhay
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Swordfish
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.