PLAYER Ezra Mam

Because most of those drivers are driving newer model cars. And those newer model cars usually as a safety feature that automatically locks the doors once you start driving over 10km/h. Once you stop the driver would hit the central lock button on his armrest to unlock the vehicle and let you out. Probably that.

Or they are trying to trap you!
Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

Someone rear ended me a few years ago and the sound of impact stayed in my head for ages and resurfaced from time to time like a jump-scare. It's weird how stuff like that stays with you.

That’s why I’m not ok with victim shaming. The people in the car may be traumatised. Some might even look at the result and go oh it wasn’t that bad but you don’t know that at the time the car is coming at you and there’s shock attached, etc.

That’s why I’m not ok with victim shaming. The people in the car may be traumatised. Some might even look at the result and go oh it wasn’t that bad but you know that at the time the car is coming at you and there’s shock attached, etc.
Yeah the victim shaming is a bit rubbish. I don't even understand the angle - like a cash grab somehow diminishes what happened to them or Ezra's actions?

That’s why I’m not ok with victim shaming. The people in the car may be traumatised. Some might even look at the result and go oh it wasn’t that bad but you don’t know that at the time the car is coming at you and there’s shock attached, etc.
Yeah the victim shaming is a bit rubbish. I don't even understand the angle - like a cash grab somehow diminishes what happened to them or Ezra's actions?
100%

Even "lawyering up" seems pretty standard in a situation like this when there's potentially injuries, insurance and loss of wages issues, whether you've been hit by a star or not.

100%

Even "lawyering up" seems pretty standard in a situation like this when there's potentially injuries, insurance and loss of wages issues, whether you've been hit by a star or not.
My wife was in a standard rear-ender years ago (yeah yeah), didn't lawyer up (was young and didn't really think to), had neck issues for years (still ongoing) that would've been covered by insurance payouts if she had. It's purely about covering your own arse incase there's any complications down the line - why shouldn't they be entitled to something, why should they cover any ongoing issues from something that wasn't their fault?

Bizzare comment and how us tgis relevant to a head on accident

In the interview with the Uber driver he describes trying to open the back door to get the kid out and it was locked . He had to reach in from the front door to unlock it .
That`d be why ...

I do agree with you that victim blaming is ordinary. I just don't understand how they can be traumatised yet very keen to exclusively share their story days later on the national news. They lose me from there.

I guess I am perpetually cynical, though. Still victims in any case.

I do agree with you that victim blaming is ordinary. I just don't understand how they can be traumatised yet very keen to exclusively share their story days later on the national news. They lose me from there.

I guess I am perpetually cynical, though. Still victims in any case.
Media would've vultured them no doubt.

In any case does it matter? Does it change what happened to them?

A few thoughts from Madge this morning:

- “It’s never nice obviously when you have to go through things like this but we are where we are.
- I’ve got to look at everything around the club and build off what I started to see right now.
- is eager to get behind the desk and try to sort out some of the club’s well documented issues.
- has spoken to Mam but will keep the details of conversation to himself.
- got to find out more about what the situation actually entails but has spoken to him and it’s more about the safety of everyone involved in that situation.
- will find out all the details — has only just landed — not going to talk about those over the phone. But will definitely find out how one of our players gets to that point.
- People will make mistakes but they’ve also got to own them, thinks his actions moving forward are very important.
- knows he’s getting some help at the moment about where he’s at and once he works through that, will get some time with him and assess everything that’s going on."

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/2dc9b174f8c2cc8c14d3babd8ec286a8

He's an adult who should be responsible for his actions, jail time would seem reasonable to me or at least not out of the question based on what seems to be the situation so far (DUI, no license, dangerous driving, injuries). But dodging justice is enhanced by fame and money.

I find it funny that the Uber driver is waiting for a call from the Broncos.. why should Mam's employer have to answer for him and his behaviour if he wasn't working for them at the time?

He's an adult who should be responsible for his actions, jail time would seem reasonable to me or at least not out of the question based on what seems to be the situation so far (DUI, no license, dangerous driving, injuries). But dodging justice is enhanced by fame and money.

We don't do this for the regular scum of society, so I can't see a high profile football player being sent to the slammer for an acco like that.

I don't think anyone's pointed it out, but the air bags haven't even deployed in either car. Both will probably be back on the road by next week if they have good insurers.

I find it funny that the Uber driver is waiting for a call from the Broncos.. why should Mam's employer have to answer for him and his behaviour if he wasn't working for them at the time?

The Broncos....are the big story in this. For the sake of putting a good face on it......public relations and all that (we don't want the good citizens of Brisbane hating on the Broncos) IMO....someone should have called the driver and the woman in the back seat. You don't have to admit to anything. You're simply inquiring about their health.

Fucken lawyers are like cyborgs ...... zero understanding of how human emotions work. Both Ezra and the Broncos lawyers have IMO advised them poorly.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • BooKhaki
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • KickHaas
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.