Facts from 2010

Will be a really tough call to leave out 1 or 2 of McGuire, Anderson and Glenn. IMO Macca now needs to play 80 to continue his development. Not too sure where Hunt fits with all of this. Bit of a prickly pear as we want as many options available to us as possible when Locky calls it a day.

Team is perfect. Except replace Wallace with Hunt. Wallace can spend some time in Q Cup learning how to play footy.

Coxy said:
Team is perfect. Except replace Wallace with Hunt. Wallace can spend some time in Q Cup learning how to play footy.

I would give Wallace until Origin 1. If he's still crap, Hunt comes in.

Nashy said:
Coxy said:

I would give Wallace until Origin 1. If he's still crap, Hunt comes in.

If we do that we risk the possibility of Wallace not getting dropped because it will be to hard for Hunt and Lockeyr to get a combo together. I think we should just shaft Wallace like we did to Clinton and Sims.

rnabokov said:
Parker is NONE of those. His place is 2nd row with Sammy. T'eo on the bech for impact as I have always suggested.

He is a workhorse who too often runs stupid angles into the middle of the ruck, has little footwork, can't kick, and is certainly no ball player.

Can't kick? Seems to do alright in my books.

westical said:
rnabokov said:
Parker is NONE of those. His place is 2nd row with Sammy. T'eo on the bech for impact as I have always suggested.

He is a workhorse who too often runs stupid angles into the middle of the ruck, has little footwork, can't kick, and is certainly no ball player.

Can't kick? Seems to do alright in my books.

Can't kick in general play.. He kicks goals well but misses the easy ones a bit.

Which locks in the game have a good general play kicking game though? In the top 8 the only one I can think of is Anasta. Kicking is irrelevant to whether or not Parker should play lock. Besides, Gillett can't either.

I don't want our lock to kick,for soem reason Parker has been kicking.

Jeba said:
Which locks in the game have a good general play kicking game though? In the top 8 the only one I can think of is Anasta. Kicking is irrelevant to whether or not Parker should play lock. Besides, Gillett can't either.

I don't know if he can kick either, but if Henjak played him at 5/8, WTF?

Isn't a 5/8 supposed to be able to kick - even a little bit?

Does anyone know if Gillett can kick?

Wouldn't it be good if he could? What's the problem with another string to the bow?

Anyway, I give up. It seems everyone here loves Parker at lock. Meh.

Jeba said:
Gillett can't kick.

Thanks Jeb. As I posted above, I've said my bit about Gillett [eusa_clap.gi

rnabokov said:
Jeba said:
Gillett can't kick.

Yup, all good. You asked a question, I answered.

I believe you have tomatoes to throw [icon_wink

I'm sure I read a try saves stat in Big league, or it may have been the NRL liftout in the friday paper. Early in the season Norman was on top.

Jeba said:
rnabokov said:
Jeba said:
Gillett can't kick.

Yup, all good. You asked a question, I answered.

I believe you have tomatoes to throw [icon_wink

Who? Me? Nah.

I'm just passionate about having a genuine lock of the highest calibre in "my" team.

as great as Gillett is looking, i think i would prefer Teo as our lock, with gillett coming off the bench for impact.

Anonymous person said:
as great as Gillett is looking, i think i would prefer Teo as our lock, with gillett coming off the bench for impact.

Gillett for "impact"? You're joking, right?

A player with such high level ball playing skills, speed, vision, footwork is bloody wasted on the bench. He should there full-time, adding another string to the bow.

Now T'eo has real impact - bring him on after 20 minutes to both smash a tiring attack and run wide (like Creagh) at a backline - now that is impact.

rnabokov said:
Anonymous person said:

Gillett for "impact"? You're joking, right?

A player with such high level ball playing skills, speed, vision, footwork is bloody wasted on the bench. He should there full-time, adding another string to the bow.

Now T'eo has real impact - bring him on after 20 minutes to both smash a tiring attack and run wide (like Creagh) at a backline - now that is impact.

Would love to see T'eo, Anderson and McGuire all come on between the 20 and the 30 for some major impact as all 3 have it in them to be great impact players.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Ondi
  • john1420
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • johnny plath
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.