FC Barcelona thread

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
It couldn't have been more awesome from my point of view. I imagine PWA would have loved beating 2 English sides on route even more than I did.

Interesting result this morning. 1-1 At Stuttgart, they played really well and we didn't. The squad seem pretty tired and they need the full squad back ASAP from injuries, they miss Dani Alves like crazy right now. Side looked tired and hopefully as more players are available the squad can rotate and players will get fresher coming up to all the big games coming up. Don't envisage any dramas knocking Stuttgart out but they certainly held there own and closed down all the key little guys quickly this morning.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
that chelsea shit was so awesome. i was up early in the morning in a house full of sleeping people. getting ready to just go back to bed all dissappointed and then iniesta scores, trying to be quiet but unable to continue myself, i let out a yelp that a dog would be proud of. awesome moment. I would love to find a clip of that with very pro chelsea commentary.

I missed the Stuttgart game, after a heavy night of drinking on tuesday night, i really tried to get up and watch the game at the spanish club which was right next to where i was staying but i couldnt do it.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Blaugrana El Vent
Un Crit Valent
Tenim Un Nom
El Sap Tothom
BARCA, BARCA, BARCA!

is the main part of the song, the sorta chorus part haha. theres 2 versus and i know a bit of the 2nd verse but not all of it, and thats the part they play in the video

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Messi is still on fire up 2-0 after 70 minutes he has both goals, the second he stole the ball at halfway then ran past 3 or 4 and blasted home from a tight angle. GOD!!!

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
What's ever happenned to Xavi, someone told me he retired or something. I hate Barcelona icon_thumbs_u and love it when they lose, but I mean, Xavi always has and always will be my favourite Barceloan player. Anyone care to update me?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You hate barca but have a favourite barca player? Strange. And no Xavi has not retired.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Scotty said:
You hate barca but have a favourite barca player? Strange. And no Xavi has not retired.
Thank you, and yes, I do have a favourite Barca player, do you have a problem with that?

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Xavi is still playing dude and he rips. hes considered to be in the top 5 players in the world.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Xavi is my favourite player of all time by a long way. He is the best passer of a football (short or long) I have ever seen by a very long way, he creates so much for his teammates and also is brilliant shutting down and getting possession back for Barca. I am really glad he has finally started to get the plaudits he has always deserved, he was under appreciated by the non-Barca faithful for a long time but since he pulled the strings for Spain's Euro 2008 triumph and was so influential in Barca's historic treble people outside of the club have finally given him the credit he is due. I could ramble on about the guy for ages, he is absolute class and should go down as a legend of the game.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
He was one of very 1st signings on Fifa 10 for Chelsea FC. I agree that he is a classy player, I wish he'd sign for Chelsea. Ha he might now, I was like I wish chelsea would sign Anelka, and then, the next transfer season he did. [icon_lol1.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Hatchy, Xavi will never leave Barca. That is what makes Barca so great, the players bleed for the club because the club made them and they understand exactly what it means to be part of such a prestigious club that is completely embedded in the Catalunyan way of life. Chelsea have Terry. Barcelona have Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Jeffren, Bojan, Pique off the top of my head all in the first team squad who were bred by the clubs academy and none of them will ever willingly leave because they know how much it means to be a part of FC Barcelona.

Not having a go at you, I just fucking love this team so very much.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, Pique never left. [icon_wink

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Yeah, Pique never left. [icon_wink

He was lured away for money the Spanish can't pay youngsters, same thing Serie A teams hate the EPL for, for raping their youth systems to have kids play in the EPL B Teams. Pique knew he would get the chance he deserved if he came home and he is now when of the games absolute best central defenders. Watching Rio play like a tard time and again recently makes me smile because they would be so much better off with Vidic and Pique in the middle for them.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Gymp said:
Hatchy, Xavi will never leave Barca. That is what makes Barca so great, the players bleed for the club because the club made them and they understand exactly what it means to be part of such a prestigious club that is completely embedded in the Catalunyan way of life. Chelsea have Terry. Barcelona have Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Jeffren, Bojan, Pique off the top of my head all in the first team squad who were bred by the clubs academy and none of them will ever willingly leave because they know how much it means to be a part of FC Barcelona.

Not having a go at you, I just **** love this team so very much.

:)

awesome post man. I cant understand how anyone, besides Real Madrid fans, could hate Barca. They are the club that others should strive to be. They play football how its meant to be played, their football is so beautiful. They promote from within more than any big club, instead of having a shirt sponsor and getting paid millions for it, they give money to unicef so they can put their logo on the Blaugrana strip.

Barca is awesome, I'm very proud to be a Cule.

I know this is gonna make fenomeno sick lol

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Don't know how but its 0-0 at the break. Barca particularly early bombarded Arsenal with some great attacks only for Almunia to make some remarkable saves, good news is Fabregas is out of the second leg through suspension and Arshavin went off hurt while Gallas is playing very hurt. Can't see Arsenal holding us out all night as they get tired beyond the hour mark.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Pathetic refereeing, how that was a penalty I don't know let alone a red card. Now we are without Puyol or Pique for the return leg, does my fucking head in.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • The True King
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.