FC Barcelona thread

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
2-2 Is a good result but when you consider we were 2-0 up its pretty ordinary. The Walcott goal was sloppy from Maxwell to lose him and the penalty was so incredibly soft. Milito is in good form and Marquez should partner him in the second leg so its not like Barca are desperately short at the back. Great from Ibra to get a double, both were fantastic strikes, might help his confidence scoring more knockout goals!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
couldnt believe that fkn penalty. absolute bullshit. We will kill them at Camp Nou

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
The Gymp said:
Hatchy, Xavi will never leave Barca. That is what makes Barca so great, the players bleed for the club because the club made them and they understand exactly what it means to be part of such a prestigious club that is completely embedded in the Catalunyan way of life. Chelsea have Terry. Barcelona have Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Jeffren, Bojan, Pique off the top of my head all in the first team squad who were bred by the clubs academy and none of them will ever willingly leave because they know how much it means to be a part of FC Barcelona.

Not having a go at you, I just **** love this team so very much.
I see that, It's just that, you see, Chelsea have one of the best strikers in the game in Drogba, supported by yours truly Anelka. Not to mention a great attacking midfielder in lampard.

Aren't you quoted as saying "The players bleed for the club..." Then why did Deco leave for Chelsea?

Anyway I musn't talk about Chelsea here as this is I guess a FC Barcelona thread.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
The players who are from the clubs youth system is who I was talking about mate, Deco is a Brazilian via Portugal.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hatchy said:
The Gymp said:
Hatchy, Xavi will never leave Barca. That is what makes Barca so great, the players bleed for the club because the club made them and they understand exactly what it means to be part of such a prestigious club that is completely embedded in the Catalunyan way of life. Chelsea have Terry. Barcelona have Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Jeffren, Bojan, Pique off the top of my head all in the first team squad who were bred by the clubs academy and none of them will ever willingly leave because they know how much it means to be a part of FC Barcelona.

I see that, It's just that, you see, Chelsea have one of the best strikers in the game in Drogba, supported by yours truly Anelka. Not to mention a great attacking midfielder in lampard.

Aren't you quoted as saying "The players bleed for the club..." Then why did Deco leave for Chelsea?

Anyway I musn't talk about Chelsea here as this is I guess a FC Barcelona thread.

You're Nicholas Anelka?

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
Hatchy said:
The Gymp said:

You're Nicholas Anelka?
I like to think I am.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
The Gymp said:
The players who are from the clubs youth system is who I was talking about mate, Deco is a Brazilian via Portugal.
Sorry, my bad man.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm surprised Gymp and Penny haven't jizzed all over this thread after Lionel's performance this morning.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
ohhh trust me, its all over facebook and other forums. Ive been waiting for gymp to post first so it shows up in the view new posts list coz im too lazy to scroll down lol.

But yes, Messi is god, Barca will win it again, yada yada.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I'm surprised Gymp and Penny haven't jizzed all over this thread after Lionel's performance this morning.

[icon_lol1. I was jizzing! Had to go to work early so didn't have time to post mate! He is without doubt the greatest player on the planet and is already the best I have ever seen, one day we will all be able to tell people from the next generations "I got to see Leo Messi play" he is a once every generation player maybe even a once in a few generations. The last 18 months he has been basically untouchable, I am barracking my guts out for Argentina at the World Cup so he can get that achievement out of the way now. He is good enough to steer them to victory as long as Diego gives him the right company. I don't want to see this genius end up like Cruyff, Eusebio and Puskas who led brilliant national sides without getting a trophy in their careers.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Apparently he doesn't have all that many fans in Argentina because he left the country so early.

Seems odd, but makes sense i suppose.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
It does make some sense, I can imagine that will change once he starts firing for the national team. They have a great squad of players and really should be challenging, my biggest drama with them was central defense with Demichellis being there only good one but now that Gaby Milito is back and fully fit I think they have a really solid partner for him instead of Heinze who is awful at left back let alone centre.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It'll be a damn shame if he doesn't ever win a World Cup, but he's got plenty of time on his side!

Can't believe how dominant he is at such a young age.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
It is frightening that he is only 22 he has so much time to improve considering how quickly his game has come on in 18 months.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I think this team outside of maybe Brazil and Spain will be the best fielded at the tournament......

-----------------------Andujar---------------------------
Burdisso-------Milito-----------Samuel--------Heinze
-----------Mascherano--------Cambiasso-------------
-------------------------Veron---------------------------
--Messi----------------------------------------Aguero--
------------------------Higuain--------------------------

The goalkeeper and fullbacks are not great but with Masch and Esteban in front of them as cover I think they would deal with most things that came there way. That side with guys like Di Maria, Demichellis, Tevez, D.Milito in reserve is good enough to go a very long way.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Cambiasso for sure. I reckon he is one of the most underrated players in the world!

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Argentinas biggest hurdle will be their manager. They are very capable of competing with the big boys, but Maradona is not the person I would want at the helm for my team. Basically what I'm trying to say is, he's a muppet. He hasn't even called up Cambiasso for international duty since he was appointed manager.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
is that true scotty? I gotta say Diego, thats poor buddy!

Active Now

• Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
  • Howie
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Porthoz
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.