FC Barcelona thread

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
not much to talk about. We were outplayed. Well done to Inter. Our defense was terrible

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah man I love Dani Alves but the defending for that first goal was atrocious, also Maxwell was caught out on all three goals but set ours up. I hate Brazilian fullbacks sometimes so damn frustrating. Our hopes aren't great but you couldn't count Barca out playing at home.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Question - How often does Henry play for you guys these days?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Also, Gerard Pique is awesome. Hard to believe that goal this morning came from a center half!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
not very often at all, every now and then he makes an appearance from the bench.

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Can't believe he didn't come on in the second half. You're really at the bottom of the pecking order when the youngsters are brought on before you.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I've been told he isn't half the player he was when he was at Arsenal. I can't say for sure as I don't watch the La Liga. I'm pretty sure a lot of the time he has been used as a wide forward as well, and he's always been far more effective in a more centralised position.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dani Alves was fkn amazing this morning!!! setup 3 goals, the 2nd one he setup was pure magic from him and a good finish from Bojan.

Now finally everyone is seeing what ive seen from the start and thats Zlatan is a piece of shit and needs to be sold immediately. He doesnt fit our system, he doesnt seem to try that hard, hes a waste of money. Keep Bojan & Pedro up front and Henry from the bench. I cant believe we lost eto'o for this fuckwit.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
awesome!!!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_l ... 671489.stm

Don't expect to see Lionel Messi scooting out from dummy-half or Xavi doing the hard yards up the middle, but rugby league has received a boost with the news that Barcelona have launched a team in the Catalan Rugby League Championship.

Barcelona's sporting club - which, of course, includes the world-famous football club - also includes a handball, roller-hockey, basketball and athletics team set-up.

Rugby league is well established in Catalonia, with Perpignan-based French club Catalans Dragons joining Super League in 2006.

In June 2009, a crowd of more than 18,000 turned out at the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona to watch the Dragons' 24-12 defeat by Warrington.

Catalonia have also played as a representative side, facing the likes of Morocco and Belgium in recent years.

FC Barcelona are one of two new teams, together with CR Cornellà, to take part in the 2010 championship, which will conclude in mid-June.

The reigning champions are Barcelona University Club, who beat CR Sant Cugat 36-28 in last year's inaugural final.

Barcelona's football team, containing superstars of the sport like Messi, Thierry Henry and Andres Iniesta, are top of the Spanish league this season, after completing an historic treble last year.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8691888.stm

Striker David Villa moves to Barcelona from Valencia

David Villa will be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday after completing a £34.2m move from Valencia.

The Spain international has signed a four-year deal and is the first summer capture for the Catalan club, with Cesc Fabregas also said to be a target.

Massive buy. As far as I know, Ibra hasn't exactly set the world on fire, surely Villa will be a huge improvement.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
very nice!!! much much much better than Zlatan who has been super ordinary.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I love it! That has pretty much wrapped up next years Liga title. If he stays fit he will score 30+ with the supply he will get at Barca!!!!

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Brizz said:
I love it! That has pretty much wrapped up next years Liga title. If he stays fit he will score 30+ with the supply he will get at Barca!!!!

lol, take it easy now, we'll definitely be reinforcing out squad in 2 key areas, and besides that, we'll be getting the best manager in the world, exactly what we needed.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah Mourinho scares the bejezzus out of me. If Real get him they will buy the right players and be a very serious threat. Otherwise they will not compete with the current Barca side plus Villa and possibly Fabregas.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Culhwch
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Harry Sack
  • Galco
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.