Final last words before Origin 3 2012 - share thoughts and predictions

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
As I look out from my home I see the lights of Suncorp Stadium shining bright like many other occasions, but this time I know they are shining in preparation for the show down - the game where it all counts and perhaps our side has or is training under those shining lights right now. Butterflies are invading my stomach as I look on.

I have a nostalgic feeling when I see those lights, but then I remember the past 6 years and the feeling of nostalgia instantly dissipates, it's all about now - the past makes victory now that much sweeter, but we're not there for a 7th time just yet. I can almost smell the due damp ground, that smell lingering from as a youngster running out for training throughout the week - the same smell our boys will be smelling when running out infront of 50,000 passionate QLD fans tomorrow night. How good is it? How exciting?

Anyone wishing to join in, please post your last final thoughts before the game tomorrow night. I have a strong feeling that QLD will lift and some Blue players are going to get their first taste of playing QLD in the cauldron. Because of this and as I have said before, I think QLD by 10+ and if they are up 10+ with 5 to go and score again near the sticks it could be a converted goal to big Petro, this time he won't miss. Bird will get thumped and the NSW forward pack will lose their composure. Carney will buckle and Pearce be charged down at least once, otherwise having too much pressure to kick any thing worth worrying about.

NSW have points in them too, at least 10 which puts QLD to 20+. The weather is perfect, the skies are clear, welcome back to Suncorp NSW where you will realise that you thought you were so close, yet you're still so far away.

COME ON QLD!

Enjoy the next 26.5 hours, because after that we'll have to put up with days, maybe weeks our months of blue gloating when they finally break this series streak

Enjoy the next 26.5 hours, because after that we'll have to put up with days, maybe weeks our months of blue gloating when they finally break this series streak

No way - I know you want QLD to win too, but you are going to regret your disbelief when watching tomorrow night. Get ready to print this page out, blend it and spinkle over Thursday mornings breakfast if you're wrong?

Tomorrow night will prove how overrated Thurston is ;)

There's a bees's dick between the two sides. I'm neither confident nor worried; just keen for kickoff and looking forward to a tough, physical, close game.

Their forwards will roll over ours and we we'll leak points through the ruck as a result. I think they'll get us by a couple of trys.

Roll over is not the best analogy, they'll use angled runners back off the fringe to wrong foot Petero, Scott, Shillington and Thaiday.

After performing so well as an outfit over the past 6 years I'd have thought some more confidence would have been floating around. But, it's interesting to see what some of you are thinking - I'm still sticking to my guns.

All dynasties come to an end. Queensland is just looking laboured, lacking the hunger and energy. Hope they prove me wrong.

Excited because it's Origin and it's always awesome, but dreading it because I think NSW might just win.

I am well aware that all dynasties come to an end and that QLD haven't looked too good so far this year. But it's the fickle minded who usually abandon the dynasty at the first sign of a struggle. I think they will prove you wrong and I think your hope will be answered. If they don't show hunger and energy tomorrow night, they never will. Am I the only one who thinks QLD play twice as hard every time they play at Suncorp? Hasn't anyone accounted for this?

NSW have only won TWICE in a decider at Suncorp(EDIT: not suncorp, BRISBANE) EVER (ever, ever, ever). That record must mean nothing to most of you - to me they are crazy odds no matter WHICH QLD team is playing - least of all the basic team/management that have won the past 6 years. SHAME!

Last edited:
I am well aware that all dynasties come to an end and that QLD haven't looked too good so far this year. But it's the fickle minded who usually abandon the dynasty at the first sign of a struggle. I think they will prove you wrong and I think your hope will be answered. If they don't show hunger and energy tomorrow night, they never will. Am I the only one who thinks QLD play twice as hard every time they play at Suncorp? Hasn't anyone accounted for this?

NSW have only won TWICE in a decider at Suncorp(EDIT: not suncorp, BRISBANE) EVER (ever, ever, ever). That record must mean nothing to most of you - to me they are crazy odds no matter WHICH QLD team is playing - least of all the one's that have won the past 6 years. SHAME!
Im with you on this, I got a fair bit of confidence from what happened in the 2nd half of game 2. We were controlling the game and were patient with the ball but for one reason or another the plays just didn't come off. Also for me apart from the forwards NSW attack hasnt been that threatening, with 2 tries from kicks in the first game and 2 while they had a one man advantage.

It's a dry track which is a plus for us, I really don't think we can play that poorly again. I expect we will see the real Qld tomorrow night and I still think if Cronk plays well we win and win well.

I will concede NSW have a massive chance and I hope that no matter who wins we aren't talking about the refs on Thursday.

Battle won up front. If Civoniceva and Scott play well, supported by Hannant and Shillington off the bench, I think QLD win.

Like many in this thread I too feel like NSW are on top and this could be our time. But then, i look back at game 2. In my memory, and im sure in most of yours, we got steamrolled and out muscled, however, if I take a minute to sit and think about it, we actually were on top for most of that second half. We got out enthused and outplayed in the first half, and you take the 10 mins without cronk out of the game and i daresay we win.

Lets put it into perspective. They SMASHED us in the first half. no doubt about it, yet we were leading at half time.
Cronk get sinbinned and they pile on 2 quick tries (one was flukey as hell).
Cronk comes back on, and we setup camp in NSW's half for the next 25 mins. I think we had 5 drop outs forced. That was brilliant pressure. We just couldnt finish them.
Now, we have inglis at fullback, roaming and chiming in at will. If we can get even half that time in NSW's half this time, i doubt we will struggle like we did last time.
Also, we came within 1 jennings fist of winning that game. Lets not forget that! When u look back at it like this, we werent totally outplayed or outmuscled. Just the last 5 minutes stick in our memory of them running over the top of us.

Listen to the "QUEENSLANDER" chant when we get close to their line. Watch the players lift when they hear the stadium shake with support. They will be doing it for Civo. They will be doing it for Big Artie. They will be doing it for all Queenslanders. Game 2 was not as bad as we all remember, and tomorrow night we will get a reminder of how ****ing good QLD really is.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mister Wright
  • kiwibronco
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • Bongo
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • davidp
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.