Final last words before Origin 3 2012 - share thoughts and predictions

IMO Queensland can win the game if two things happen:

- the halves manage to click and create opportunities out wide
- Inglis has a blinder. The Blues should be kicking little low grubber kicks to him all night. No high stuff - he loves catching bombs. If he's chasing balls along the ground all night the Blues will contain him but if he gets kick returns on the full he'll be very damaging.

Obviously Queensland will lift playing at home. Don't underestimate how important the home crowd is up here. They play a huge part and I'll be there doing my bit.

Our forwards showed some good signs in the second half of game two but the NSW pack looks bigger, more mobile and much hungrier. I think their go forward will get them home.

NSW by 10.

Last edited:
Our forward pack beat theirs in the 2nd half last game. We've spent quite a lot of time in their end. QLD forwards just need to muscle up and we should win the battle in the middle...they only have 3 props, one of who is Gallen.

Yep, solid 20min start from our forwards up the middle will put NSW on the back foot and set the platform for the rest of the game with Hannant and Shilo coming of the bench to keep it going. As much as the backs score 90% of the tries, the forwards win the games by going forward and getting the field position. I think/hope that at home, our forwards will really muscle up and do just this. C'mon QLD!!!

I know that NSW have to win a series again some day, BUT I think too many of you are giving too much credit to NSW for this year.. yeah, they played ok, however the main difference in the first two games was QLD playing poorly more than NSW playing better.

Which is why I'm sure QLD will take it tonight. Just enjoy watching the might of QLD.

EDIT: I also think some dirty NSW player will try a high shot on Inglis to take him out.

Nah gotta give credit where it's due. NSW have made all of the running and in parts of this series QLD has looked like a slow team...

Nah gotta give credit where it's due. NSW have made all of the running and in parts of this series QLD has looked like a slow team...

Yeah they have played ok and I do give them credit, but I think it's too much credit. Unless you are saying that QLD played poorly because NSW have been too good for QLD to handle? I just think it's more internal on the QLD side from what I have seen. There is no way they have played up to the level we were used to seeing.

Yeah we've definitely underperformed. Wouldn't surprise me if we got on the front foot early tonight.

Yeah we've definitely underperformed. Wouldn't surprise me if we got on the front foot early tonight.

I hope so. Because honestly I think that's our only hope of winning. Much like last year's decider, dominate the opening 20-30 minutes, put a lead on, and NSW will be playing catch up.

I know we fought back late in game 2 after being on the back foot almost all game, and in game 1 we were being run down but managed to salvage something. I don't think we can go to the wall again.

Then again, if we do, there's that whole 52000 crazy Queenslanders in the crowd that becomes a crucial factor.

Contrary to what anzac7 seems to believe, I'm not writing QLD off, and I would not be surprised if they win and win well. But the tide is turning and I do feel that NSW should be favourites tonight.

I hope so. Because honestly I think that's our only hope of winning. Much like last year's decider, dominate the opening 20-30 minutes, put a lead on, and NSW will be playing catch up.

I know we fought back late in game 2 after being on the back foot almost all game, and in game 1 we were being run down but managed to salvage something. I don't think we can go to the wall again.

Then again, if we do, there's that whole 52000 crazy Queenslanders in the crowd that becomes a crucial factor.

Contrary to what anzac7 seems to believe, I'm not writing QLD off, and I would not be surprised if they win and win well. But the tide is turning and I do feel that NSW should be favourites tonight.

Good to hear :)

I always tip the Blues to win, So NSW to win tonight. The Blues are fired up and ready to go tonight I've heard. Best of luck to all 17 New South Welshmen bleeding blue tonight do us proud. I was there the last time NSW won and how sweet it was to smash QLD and take the series in front of their own fans. NEW SOUTH WELSHMEN

I'm only saying this for this night only, tommorow morning he is a champion again.

Bugger Petro, he has done enough this isn't his night.

For everyone saying Petro was past it. I thought he ended his SOO career on a high with a very solid performance tonight. Though Parker produced most of the magic for the Qld side with his typical runs and offloads.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • barker
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.