Final last words before Origin 3 2012 - share thoughts and predictions

Stand tall and proud boys. LET'S DO IT FOR SONIA

I think it will be a very close game, winner by 6 or so, though the way Carney has been converting, it could even be by 2 or 4 pts. NSW prob should have wrapped up the series by now, we have been way off our game in the first two games. If we play to our high standards, I'm more confindent of winning. Our forwards need to step up and actually get some good go-forwards, NSWs have been great in that regard this series. And I totally agree that all good things come to an end at some point. If our dynasty does come to an end, its been a fantastic run.

Like many in this thread I too feel like NSW are on top and this could be our time. But then, i look back at game 2. In my memory, and im sure in most of yours, we got steamrolled and out muscled, however, if I take a minute to sit and think about it, we actually were on top for most of that second half. We got out enthused and outplayed in the first half, and you take the 10 mins without cronk out of the game and i daresay we win.

Lets put it into perspective. They SMASHED us in the first half. no doubt about it, yet we were leading at half time.
Cronk get sinbinned and they pile on 2 quick tries (one was flukey as hell).
Cronk comes back on, and we setup camp in NSW's half for the next 25 mins. I think we had 5 drop outs forced. That was brilliant pressure. We just couldnt finish them.
Now, we have inglis at fullback, roaming and chiming in at will. If we can get even half that time in NSW's half this time, i doubt we will struggle like we did last time.
Also, we came within 1 jennings fist of winning that game. Lets not forget that! When u look back at it like this, we werent totally outplayed or outmuscled. Just the last 5 minutes stick in our memory of them running over the top of us.

Listen to the "QUEENSLANDER" chant when we get close to their line. Watch the players lift when they hear the stadium shake with support. They will be doing it for Civo. They will be doing it for Big Artie. They will be doing it for all Queenslanders. Game 2 was not as bad as we all remember, and tomorrow night we will get a reminder of how ****ing good QLD really is.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! and quite a few people on here should be feeling a bit embarrassed after that for jumping ship so early. There's no way that I'm writing them off..

who's jumping ship? It's called using our heads rather than our hearts!

who's jumping ship? It's called using our heads rather than our hearts!

So does that mean those who think QLD will win are only using their hearts? Not having a go, but I would think that being back at Suncorp with the likes of Inglis, Thurston, Cronk and Smith in the side would have us feeling some sort of confidence.

So does that mean those who think QLD will win are only using their hearts? Not having a go, but I would think that being back at Suncorp with the likes of Inglis, Thurston, Cronk and Smith in the side would have us feeling some sort of confidence.

Plus every other reason we have given as to why QLD have such a high chance of winning tomorrow... I would have thought we were the one's thinking more with our head given the facts we have to arrive at our conclusion... it's just a bonus that it's with our hearts too..

Whether we are down in the dumps or not, anyone writing QLD off or thinking we are going to get steam rolled (etc) in a decider in Brisbane and who has knowledge of the last 6 years is basically jumping ship.

Last edited:
I just beat QLD by 30-18 in Origin 1 on my XBOX360.

lol... how many penalties did you get? Were Ricky and Gould the refs?

I see QLD 2012 as Federer 2009 (in particular his Wimbledon final 2009). Federer has only won one Grand Slam final since Wimbeldon 2009 (Australian Open 2010). Up until 2009 Federer was pretty much a shoe-in for every Grand Slam, at the very least making the final. 2009 showed some cracks appearing (or other players catching up to him). He still showed glimpses of his best, but he was not the indestructible force he was once. He won that 2009 Wimbledon final, but not without a fight. I think QLD will just get home tomorrow night. However, with an ageing core/spine of the team I can't see it lasting too much longer. QLD may win a series of two (just like Federer) after tomorrow night, but I can see NSW taking over for 3-5 years until we rebuild.

I only got 2 penalties and the difficulty setting was legend. I coach the Broncos on the game to.

I see QLD 2012 as Federer 2009 (in particular his Wimbledon final 2009). Federer has only won one Grand Slam final since Wimbeldon 2009 (Australian Open 2010). Up until 2009 Federer was pretty much a shoe-in for every Grand Slam, at the very least making the final. 2009 showed some cracks appearing (or other players catching up to him). He still showed glimpses of his best, but he was not the indestructible force he was once. He won that 2009 Wimbledon final, but not without a fight. I think QLD will just get home tomorrow night. However, with an ageing core/spine of the team I can't see it lasting too much longer. QLD may win a series of two (just like Federer) after tomorrow night, but I can see NSW taking over for 3-5 years until we rebuild.

Big call.. very big call. Are you prepared to stick to it?

Big call.. very big call. Are you prepared to stick to it?

Of course not. I could be completely wrong...I thought for Game 2 of 2010 NSW had us with Gidley to the bench and Hayne at fullback. Boy, was I wrong. We won 34-6 and won the series 3-0. I hope I'm wrong and we continue to win forever. But, most of the guys are nearing the 30 mark. I think Smith, Thurston & Slater are all 29 and I don't think Cronk's a spring chicken either. We have some good young players coming through like Boyd and Yow Yeh, but they aren't in the important positions. I see a lot of similarities between NSW 2012 and QLD 2005. An out of sorts playmaker (Lockyer v Pearce) and a newbie (Carney v Thurston).

I was getting a hair cut when I replied before, was on the mobile and couldn't elaborate as much as I wanted to. These are really big calls, comparing QLD to Federer. And we don't need to rebuild, nothing has even broken yet! I do not see NSW being dominant over the next 3-5 years sorry.

I was getting a hair cut when I replied before, was on the mobile and couldn't elaborate as much as I wanted to. These are really big calls, comparing QLD to Federer. And we don't need to rebuild, nothing has even broken yet! I do not see NSW being dominant over the next 3-5 years sorry.

I didn't say NSW would be dominant. I said they'd take over, over the next 3-5 series. I can't see N.S.W. winning 3 or 5 in a row, but I can see them winning 3 of the next 5 series, which is taking over...I guess.

There's an interesting point, I wonder what kind of team QLD may look like in 5 years time. Bugger it I'll have a go, presuming of course there are no code jumpers, and no doubt I'll probably be 1000% incorrect, and because of that I'll just do a starting 13.

1. Barba
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Yow Yeh (pending ankle)
6. can't think of anyone, someone currently running around in the Warriors lower grades
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Smith (will be the best part of 34 but I reckon he'll still be going well)
10. Kennedy
11. Taylor (hopefully have his shit sorted by then)
12. Te'o
13. Gillett

This would be my predicted team of the future (assumes Smith doesn't have an uber long career and Yow Yeh fails to regain his old form)

1. Ben Barba
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Tautau Moga
5. Edrick Lee
6. Corey Norman hopefully, otherwise Chris Sandow? Ugly isn't it!
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Friend/Matt Srama
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Dave Taylor
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Matt Gillett

14. Ben T'eo
15. Jason Bukuya
16. Some Youngster
17. Some Youngster

Of course not. I could be completely wrong...I thought for Game 2 of 2010 NSW had us with Gidley to the bench and Hayne at fullback. Boy, was I wrong. We won 34-6 and won the series 3-0. I hope I'm wrong and we continue to win forever. But, most of the guys are nearing the 30 mark. I think Smith, Thurston & Slater are all 29 and I don't think Cronk's a spring chicken either. We have some good young players coming through like Boyd and Yow Yeh, but they aren't in the important positions. I see a lot of similarities between NSW 2012 and QLD 2005. An out of sorts playmaker (Lockyer v Pearce) and a newbie (Carney v Thurston).

If you make a call, it should at least mean you are prepared to stick to it - but I did ask and you did answer, so we'll just forget about that. Based on your previous example it looks good for QLD :)

Yes, Cronk is 28, Slater, Thurston and Smith are all 29 - but they are not all going to stop playing next year? Or even the next 3 years? (if they keep form) -so there goes that 3-5 years NSW domination if you base that domination on QLD losing our key players.

On top of that, how can you think Yow Yeh and Boyd are our only up coming? We have claims on the best halves in the NRL.. as if DCE doesn't count as a huge upcoming QLD player and even Prince is better than Pearce (in my opinion).

Then what about other upcoming players like McGuire, Gillette, Taylor, McCullough, Barba, Srama, Nielsen, T'eo O'Neill, Payne(even), Sandow(...), even Humble might pull better form one day - you don't think Inglis, Thaiday and all the other players who still have at least 5-7 years of SOO can still win matches from that talent coming into the team?

We have HEAPS of talent that will stick around for years - this year it's just the interest and urgency that seems to have dropped in the other games...

EDIT: Took a while to write out, some others have also made good suggestions.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.