Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a masochist, but I'd love for it to go down the same lines as the storm v panthers game earlier in the year. Storm come out and score 2-3 quick trys, Cronk/Smith and Slater (depending on channel) are absolutely frothing over the team and the greatness of Bellamy and Munster. Bhq goes into meltdown. Some of the more...tender members on here start talking about sacking kevie, DD is in fact a wanker, Billy fucking Walters etc etc.

The broncos then pile on 30 or so unanswered points, mostly through or around NAS. Bellamy cam is no longer an option because the window is smeared with an impenetrable coating of spittle. Smith/Slater interview players with red rimmed eyes, struggling to hold back tears. It all gets too much for Smith and he breaks down. Patty, being the legend he is, consoles him. Gently rocking him in his strong, yet gentle arms. NAS, upset at letting his team down, asks Flegler if he could get a hug and flegs tells him to get fucked.

Sure, some people may die from heart attacks etc but it's the price I'm willing to pay for my own enjoyment. Xox
Holy shit i have not laughed this hard in ages.

FYI im one of the guys having a heart attack at this scenario.

And i would add, the loss is so devastating, that Bellamy immediately retires and is never heard from again.

Holy shit i have not laughed this hard in ages.

FYI im one of the guys having a heart attack at this scenario.

And i would add, the loss is so devastating, that Bellamy immediately retires and is never heard from again.
I'm more worried about us being 12 points ahead, then Papenhuyzen comes on and levels it up.

Call me a masochist, but I'd love for it to go down the same lines as the storm v panthers game earlier in the year. Storm come out and score 2-3 quick trys, Cronk/Smith and Slater (depending on channel) are absolutely frothing over the team and the greatness of Bellamy and Munster. Bhq goes into meltdown. Some of the more...tender members on here start talking about sacking kevie, DD is in fact a wanker, Billy fucking Walters etc etc.

The broncos then pile on 30 or so unanswered points, mostly through or around NAS. Bellamy cam is no longer an option because the window is smeared with an impenetrable coating of spittle. Smith/Slater interview players with red rimmed eyes, struggling to hold back tears. It all gets too much for Smith and he breaks down. Patty, being the legend he is, consoles him. Gently rocking him in his strong, yet gentle arms. NAS, upset at letting his team down, asks Flegler if he could get a hug and flegs tells him to get fucked.

Sure, some people may die from heart attacks etc but it's the price I'm willing to pay for my own enjoyment. Xox
Oprah Winfrey Network Girl Bye GIF by Greenleaf

If you want evidence of what a stain Melbourne is, have a read of the piece in the CM this arvo. They hate us because we never signed the big three. Blah blah blah. No mention whatsoever of all the cheating. Never forget ‘06 losers.
Bellamy:
“I think ‘Kevvie’ drove that love for beating the Broncos more than anyone when he was here,” Bellamy said.

“We’ve always had a history of recruiting Queenslanders, going back as far as us getting Cam, Billy and Cooper from Brisbane.

“I know they felt aggrieved by not being picked up by the Broncos as kids. They were Queenslanders, so there was always that desire driven by them to beat the Broncos.

“For the majority of our 25-year history, we’ve had our feeder clubs up there so there’s that connection in Brisbane and when you have that connection, it’s a bit like trying to beat your big brother.

“I was really surprised last week when someone told me about our record of beating the Broncos. I wouldn’t have expected to have won so many games straight, but we have a great respect for the Broncos and what they have done in their history.

“They have been a glamour club for a long time and most of our recruitment comes from Queensland, so many of our guys here feed that rivalry because of their ties.”

B. Walters:

“When I was down there we loved playing the Broncos,” he said.

“They are a big team in the NRL and we just loved beating the Broncos.

“It didn’t just come from Craig. It came from the whole playing group. Everyone just wanted to beat the Broncos and I feel like that is one of the curses of being a big club that everyone wants to beat.

“I remember being down there and part of that crew as a Brisbane boy that wasn’t playing for the Broncos, so you loved to beat the Broncos.

“They will have a lot of confidence that they have the wood over us but we will be out there Friday to break that drought.”

Reyno:
“The Storm are beatable,” he said.

“I was in a similar position at Souths in 2014. We had them week one of the finals and they were a bogey team for us then and we happened to beat them on the night (then win the grand final).

“I’m not saying that will be an exact replica, but this Broncos team is very different to past teams. A lot of players are playing a lot better now than the previous 14 games that we’ve played them and lost.

“You can go off stats and if you believe in those, the outcome will be the same.

“I see the belief and the trust in this group. It will be tough no doubt, they have a team of superstars and are one the best teams on their day, but I believe we are as good as any team in the comp.”

....Da fuq is wrong with you

I'm not worries about the Storm in isolation. I'm worries about what the Storm can do if the refs give them the usual free pass and very generous 10 metres. There was a passage last game where the ref all of a sudden to take us back 12 metres, the Storm won the ruck and then the ref dragged us back 15 metres, so of course we hadn't even retreated back to the line before their runner was on us and if memory serves correct they scored in the set. I don't even know how you can counter-act that kind of shenanigans, we don't get back the "10" and they get a repeat set, and we have no way of enacting a dominant tackle as their runners just dive at our feet and immediately tunnel-ball it.

I'm not worries about the Storm in isolation. I'm worries about what the Storm can do if the refs give them the usual free pass and very generous 10 metres. There was a passage last game where the ref all of a sudden to take us back 12 metres, the Storm won the ruck and then the ref dragged us back 15 metres, so of course we hadn't even retreated back to the line before their runner was on us and if memory serves correct they scored in the set. I don't even know how you can counter-act that kind of shenanigans, we don't get back the "10" and they get a repeat set, and we have no way of enacting a dominant tackle as their runners just dive at our feet and immediately tunnel-ball it.
First half or second half?

Gus has a new theory about why we can't win it this year ... and that is that out coach and playing group don't have the finals experience to win it ... maybe next year he says

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.