Finals Week 1 Discussion

People have been giving shit to the Panthers all season, but they've taken every challenge they've got and given it a red hot go.

How the **** does this side keep turning up? They had more injury grief going into this game and they still managed to get over the top of the best side in the comp.

Unbelievable.

I can only imagine it's brilliant coaching. Their side on paper is just not that good.

Very well coached side. Oh I wish we signed Cleary

I still don't think the Panthers are contenders but not at all surprised by the result. Kinda lol at everyone who said how great it'll be that we play Penrith next week if we win.

Alrighty.

Time to sit down and watch Holden Cup Game #4 and watch the Broncos lose in the last 10.

Goooo team!

Brisbane Broncos

Jordan Drew returned to the centres with Barr dropping onto the bench.

Saitaua comes in for Lee off the bench.

Opening try was soft with Taylor sliding off Dockar Clay while McBryde was too slow to cover.

Came off the back of a video reviewed penalty to Parra.

Poor pass from Taylor there causes McBryde to knock on.

Parra looking the better of the two.

Messy start from both teams.

Funny stuff from Drew earlier placing Davis' boot on the sideline after the play was already over.

Gee that was soft defence from Parra.

Taylor turns the ball back on the inside to Drew who spots a big gap between Tanginoa and the other prop I think it is and that allowed them to lock to scores up.

It's been a messy game so far. Been impressed with Ofahengaue and Arrow early.

Dumb penalty from the Broncos on the last gives Parra an easy run at the line and Pritchard scores a soft try running at Paia'Aua who was struggling to get back from some sort of knock.

Oi [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION] I hope you're recording this game.

That was good play from the Broncos right there.

Eels stuffed their own chance at our line and once we were handed one through some ill discipline we made the most of it. I liked how Taylor & Paia'Aua combined there but it was the work from Nikorima to beat the tackle from Faumiamo or whoever it was and then Opacic to throw an inside ball back to Tuttle to score.

Wow Folau just made Drew look like a turnstile there.

Brisbane looked like scoring every play that set after two repeat sets. Eventually Taylor just threw a sneaky pass down the blindside to Drew who summed it up.

Adams is really causing problems with his offloads.

Now Paia'Aua breaks threw and sets up a try for Opacic but it's called but for an obstruction but the call was fair enough.

Taylor showed more vision in our last few sets than any of our top grade #6s have all year.

Love the way Adams looks to offload all the time.

Well that was the NYC at it's worst right there.

Brisbane were really playing from underneath but the Eels have been making a bunch of dumb errors and handed the Broncos plenty of opportunities which on the odd occasion they've been good enough to take but they've been guilty of trying to score off every play instead of just playing like a team.

It's HT.

That was a good run from Ofahengaue but Ari has retroactively cursed Taylor.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.