Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
On form I see no reason to think we can win a gf or even get there but the pain the Broncos felt looked real to me. There's a chance the Broncos can overcome that formline and whether one or two or three even have moderate games we can still win. In the past I believe that teams that have had the week off seem to start with some rust already set in. If we get through the Panthers I think that confidence plus a bit of rustiness from Melbourne MAY give us chance to lead at halftime and if so, who knows ?

We can still win it but as a lot have said, myself included we are probably two players short of the team we need to be. One more big prop with attitude and skills and a total package hooker. We are underdogs but there's still life in the Broncos.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hopefully to save him for us for next week 'eh ? [emoji16]

Mogg wants bigger body and impact; it's a Dolphins' decision not a Broncos' one. Johnson is the preferred choice over Opacic.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Mogg wants bigger body and impact; it's a Dolphins' decision not a Broncos' one. Johnson is the preferred choice over Opacic.

It makes sense to me seeing as Tom has been on the wing a fair bit and Johnson is a winger and a pretty big unit. Opacic isnt a winger. Still a little surprising he isnt in their somewhere as Tom isnt exactly weak or poor defensively..

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
It makes sense to me seeing as Tom has been on the wing a fair bit and Johnson is a winger and a pretty big unit. Opacic isnt a winger. Still a little surprising he isnt in their somewhere as Tom isnt exactly weak or poor defensively..
Poor guy. His future is definitely clouded which is a shame because he has some talent. If he doesn't crack the big time next year on a regular basis, then he will probably disappear.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
On form I see no reason to think we can win a gf or even get there but the pain the Broncos felt looked real to me. There's a chance the Broncos can overcome that formline and whether one or two or three even have moderate games we can still win. In the past I believe that teams that have had the week off seem to start with some rust already set in. If we get through the Panthers I think that confidence plus a bit of rustiness from Melbourne MAY give us chance to lead at halftime and if so, who knows ?

We can still win it but as a lot have said, myself included we are probably two players short of the team we need to be. One more big prop with attitude and skills and a total package hooker. We are underdogs but there's still life in the Broncos.

The most likely scenario in Storm's case is that they come out fired up after they were lucky to get away with the Eels game, but stranger things have happened.

If the Broncos can turn up fired up and play to their potential, they can beat the Storm. But their inconsistent form doesn't generate a lot of confidence.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Poor guy. His future is definitely clouded which is a shame because he has some talent. If he doesn't crack the big time next year on a regular basis, then he will probably disappear.

I dont actually think its clouded just because Mogg fancies something different against PNG. Lets just say though it wouldnt surprise me if Redcliffe isnt his affiliate club next year.

He has clubs interested in him, he could have quite easily been a Melbourne player now. He could be earning 4 or 5 times his current contract if he left. He didnt chase he money because he wants to play for the Broncos. Bennett thinks pretty highly of Tom, i think he will get his chance.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I dont actually think its clouded just because Mogg fancies something different against PNG. Lets just say though it wouldnt surprise me if Redcliffe isnt his affiliate club next year.

He has clubs interested in him, he could have quite easily been a Melbourne player now. He could be earning 4 or 5 times his current contract if he left. He didnt chase he money because he wants to play for the Broncos. Bennett thinks pretty highly of Tom, i think he will get his chance.
Clouded because of the fact that serious injuries tend to keep him off the park very frequently. Redcliffe's biggest game of the year and they don't have a spot for him. I hope he gets his chance next year as time is running out for him. There is always somebody younger and fitter raring to jump ahead of him in the pecking order.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Opacic wouldn't play FG at the Storm either.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Clouded because of the fact that serious injuries tend to keep him off the park very frequently. Redcliffe's biggest game of the year and they don't have a spot for him. I hope he gets his chance next year as time is running out for him. There is always somebody younger and fitter raring to jump ahead of him in the pecking order.

I dont think he has had that many serious injuries that have kept him out for a while apart from his shoulders tbh. If he didnt play on with them last year he would have been operated on and been fit for this season. I agree though, next year is a bit make or break for him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Opacic wouldn't play FG at the Storm either.

HE probably would of had a good chance at the time he could have gone there. Plus they didnt see him as a center.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Opacic is at that age where he needs to crack a first grade squad and fast.

He is 23. The next couple of years are make or break for him. If he doesn't get a regular spot in the next year or two then I'm afraid he will be one of those many players that are lost in the Rugby League wilderness, never to be seen or heard from again.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Bennett thinks highly of a lot of players that don't get a chance and the ones that leave.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Opacic is at that age where he needs to crack a first grade squad and fast.

He is 23. The next couple of years are make or break for him. If he doesn't get a regular spot in the next year or two then I'm afraid he will be one of those many players that are lost in the Rugby League wilderness, never to be seen or heard from again.

I agree with that. I think iirc most Nrl players tend to debut and start establishing themselves at 23/24.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If we win this game, we should call up the Warriors and ask them how they beat the Storm. They haven't lost a finals game against Storm.

Should even call up Newcastle, they have a good record against them in finals games.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
No idea what'll happen, Brisbane are just way too unpredictable. Penrith were really physical and aggressive against Manly though and we seem to wilt against teams like that.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We'll win next week and blow a comeback the week after, it's the team's pattern.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
If we lose next week I wouldn't mind seeing a Panthers/Roosters GF. Gould's head would probably explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • kiwi2
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Redfern_1980
  • Justwin
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.