Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowe and Linnett out would be awesome.

I will most likely be completely wrong, but I just have this sneaking suspicion we might blow the Cows away on Friday night. Just a gut feeling. Everyone writing us off, intense training sessions, knowing what we know about what they showed against the Storm, the feeling the Cows are flat. Just a gut feeling but a strong one.

Like the Roosters in the semis last year? That was sweet.

Apparently Lowe and Winterstein are in danger of missing the game. Would be great for us. Kalyn Ponga would debut if Winterstein is out.

If we beat the Cows without Roberts and with Checchin reffing AND in Townsville.
Now THAT would shut them all up.

Sharks game we would less scrutinized as Sterling would be too busy rabbiting on about the Ennis Viking clap now hes become fast friends with Ricky. Especially when Faiders are taken out of the game by the Panthers.

Also Roberts will be fresh as a daisy.

if you believe the cowboys forum then winterstein is out with rib injury. guy who posted it has been backed up by others 'always good with mail' etc.

Last edited:
If Winterstein is out then I'd be bombing Ponga relentlessly, but still running at Bowen's side of the field. We've learnt the hard way that it's harder than it seems for a centre to come into the side and adapt to defensive structures - Lowe being out is also massive in this regard (centre and second row are probably the two most crucial goal line defensive positions imo).

I would rather beat a full strength side than a weakened one.

But then again, Lowe being out, I don't think they lose much. They have some pretty hand backups. I'm more worried about Cooper.

But Linnett and Winterstein being out.. That's their left side centre/wing combo gone and they will have players there that are very unfamiliar with the position in first grade.

Add to the fact that Thurston is playing injured, or that's what they say, and Scott is still playing with injury.

It's a shame Roberts won't be playing.

Last edited:
Is Checchin actually worse then Cummins when it comes to looking for something to penalize us for? Is that possible?

Is Checchin actually worse then Cummins when it comes to looking for something to penalize us for? Is that possible?

I would much prefer Cummins.

We have a good record under Cummins, believe it or not.

At this stage of the season, it's all about getting the job done any means necessary.

In saying that, I have a ton of respect for the Cowboys and genuinely believe the Broncos/Cowboys clashes have exceeded Origin and are now the best games of Rugby League, period. I think having that tainted by injury hurts and the Broncos are in a no-win situation. Win and they beat a courageous but battered North Queensland side. Lose (which they're still a good chance of doing so) and it's amplified.

I must admit, I'm surprised by the Cowboys decision to play Ponga. That would be an extraordinary gamble, but as we've all seen, Ponga is an extraordinary talent. Unless he's injured, I would have thought Tautau Moga would be the obvious inclusion and you could have adjusted the backline accordingly.

As for Lowe, I think you're selling his loss short, Freaky. If he's gone, they'd have to play Coen Hess on the right fringe. Hess is an exciting prospect, but he's still adjusting to the NRL standard and struggles for consistency. If he's asked to step up, then they'd have to bring somebody into cover him. Unfortunately I think the only choice they have is Ben Spina and he isn't as dynamic as Lowe.

I'm not Ethan's biggest fan, but I think he's been one of the form backrows this year and he's the one player I'm expecting big things from on Friday.

I would rather beat a full strength side than a weakened one.
More injuries the better. I don't care how we win, it's the finals and a win is a win.

Hopefully Winter, Lowe and Linnett are all out.

Why people are hating Broncos too much. Broncos play fair game. Brocos don't use dirty tactics in the game. If you ask people which team they dislike in remaining finals team in the competition. I am sure Broncos gone be number one. If Broncos sign any player. People comments gone be unlimited salary cap or unlimited third party deal. This is too much.

More injuries the better. I don't care how we win, it's the finals and a win is a win.

Hopefully Winter, Lowe and Linnett are all out.

This.

I don't care if they were forced to put in their U/20's team. I wanna win!

The Cowboys still would want to burn
Checcin at the stake believe it or not.

Why people are hating Broncos too much. Broncos play fair game. Brocos don't use dirty tactics in the game. If you ask people which team they dislike in remaining finals team in the competition. I am sure Broncos gone be number one. If Broncos sign any player. People comments gone be unlimited salary cap or unlimited third party deal. This is too much.
Haters gone hate. Bring it on, I say.

They hate us because they ain't us

so I'm guessing Kahu to Center and Pearson to the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Galah
  • Lurker
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • broncoscope
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.