vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I recall the grubbers result in either tries or turnovers. A lot of the time we get tries.
We may get a few, but I'd wager the majority get played straight into a defender. Really rather not give them the opportunity for a breakaway try against the run of play.

I've yet to hear one commentator predict a Broncos win as a matter of fact all I've heard is prediction of being pumped.

well that is to be expected. any neutral observer should be tipping the cowboys. who cares.

Honestly, we are lacking in repeat sets but I don't want to see us force the issue tomorrow.

As we all know, the grubber rarely pays off for us. Better to run the ball on the last, turn over if we have to, then hard, suffocating defence. Rinse and repeat, still draining for the opposition.

agree. id rather cop the tackle than force the issue and kick it into defenders legs which results in a breakaway for the cows or worse a runaway try.

sometimes i think hunts issue is overthinking the last tackle play. he seems to dummy, jink, dummy twice more, and then by the time he wants to kick the ball the defense is on him. hopefully we just keep things simple. i have no issue turning the ball over on the last inside their 10. a good defensive set from there can then get us on the front foot for the next set.

This game could of course come down to goal kicking. Does JT kick even better in Townsville?

he always seems to have it on a string when kicking goals up there.

i would hate goal kicking to really hurt us. fingers crossed we can knock ours over.

You guys seem pretty confident. I am shitting my pants, flashbacks from last year.

You guys seem pretty confident. I am shitting my pants, flashbacks from last year.

I am quietly confident for this one. I know all the neutral observers are picking the Cowboys, but I think Melbourne showed last week that the Cowboys aren't going anywhere near as well as people think. They only scraped into 4th place on for and against ahead of us and have injury concerns and struggled to make metres and score points over the last few rounds. Combined with a short turn-around after a very tough game, I can see them playing flat tonight and appear more vulnerable than they have been in a while.

I genuinely think we've got this one, so long as we continue to improve.

Last edited:
We need an 80 minute team performance to get the job done but I think we're ready to do it. I really don't want to have to come from behind to win so getting a good start is vital. Darius Boyd is the key I think. If he can keep Milford and Hunt calm and playing smart we should win.

Am I way off ,or did we sign Ponga?

I'm not confident. In my opinion there's still more in NQ's favour than ours.

We're certainly a chance though, more so than the experts and Sportsbet think. And remember, gamble responsibly.

I am absolutely shitting myself about tonight. I have never been to a game in tsv that we have won.

I'm not confident. In my opinion there's still more in NQ's favour than ours.

We're certainly a chance though, more so than the experts and Sportsbet think. And remember, gamble responsibly.
Other than they can kick better and they have home ground advantage, what else do they have in their favour. They have injuries which is not going to help their cause, We have IMO a better impact bench.
Lets try and dissect everything the Cowboys have in their favour and everything The Broncos have in their favour

Other than they can kick better and they have home ground advantage, what else do they have in their favour. They have injuries which is not going to help their cause, We have IMO a better impact bench.
Lets try and dissect everything the Cowboys have in their favour and everything The Broncos have in their favour

I feel like the biggest thing the cows have going for them is the media.

i think you can see what both teams playing at their best looks like from the last three times these sides met.

you are never going to get a perfect performance but if both teams get close to it again its hard to see more than a couple of points separating the game on either side.

i think their outs through injury hurt them more than our outs hurt us. i would have to say cowboys deserve to be slight favourites, but at the same time, this is probably ours for the taking.

i would absolutely love hunt to be the man to take us to a win. just stick it to the haters.

pretty excited.

Last edited:
Last night I was having visions of Corey Goates making a break from our goal line and Ponga coming across as cover defence and Corey just steamrolls him. God I hope I am not proved wrong. Quietly confident but nerves have started kicking in.

Doesn't Paul Green pre - warn the refs about Blair sailing too close to the wind when around Thurston ?

It was disgraceful those comments made by Green and JT before that last game between the two sides. Personally I thought he should have been fined for bringing the game into disrepute. He tried a similar thing with Melbourne last week and Bellamy called him out. I wish WB would do the same.

I half expect him to say he doesn't expect to get the 50/50 calls tonight.

For 50 FREAKING weeks my insides have ached from the agony of defeat. Tonight is the night! Glad we are underdogs. Half glad we are on the road. To be the best you have to beat the best. It's payback time. It's time to stop almost reaching potential and get over the line. It's time serve up some whoop ass on little brother...yes they are still little brother. It's time to play 80 minutes and not 79 minutes and 58 seconds. It's time to catch high balls, it't time to run like there is no tomorrow, it's time to stand together as a team. It's time for redemption. Let's go, time is now.

Last edited:
Really, really difficult to pick. At full strength, at a neutral venue, I believe there is nothing in it at all. Going North puts it slightly in favour of the Cowboys.

But their losses (Lowe, Linnett, Winterstein) and injured players (JT & Scott) outweigh ours (Roberts out, Opacic injured). So that probably puts it back on an even keel. And we had a comparatively "easy" game against the Titans, whereas the Cowboys should be well drained from Melbourne. So advantage us, just slightly.

It'll go two ways. Either the passes stick, the 1%ers are there, and we grind them down and win by 8 points. Or the last week's bullshit uproar crescendos to the point of us getting absolutely raped in the refereeing, we have calls against us that are just downright bullshit, we lose by 14 points, and everyone calls us sore losers and that we deserved it because of how the refs favoured us last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.