Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone
Was lucky enough to get my ticket today.
Big shout out to you Jimmy and everyone else who offered to help! Thanks again for your password
Can't wait to watch my 1st & 2nd favourite teams battle it out and see the place in the flesh. I've heard it's a lot like Suncorp lol
Just think it's a shame that there will be no chance of an all QLD grand final again this year. Broncos fan and a Queenslander
Just 4 more sleeps!
LET'S GO BRISBANE!!! ❤

Last edited:
Hey everyone
Was lucky enough to get my ticket today.
Big shout out to you Jimmy and everyone else who offered to help! Thanks again for your password
Can't wait to watch my 1st & 2nd favourite teams battle it out and see the place in the flesh. I've heard it's a lot like Suncorp lol
Just think it's a shame that there will be no chance of an all QLD grand final again this year. Broncos fan and a Queenslander
Just 4 more sleeps!
LET'S GO BRISBANE!!! ❤
2nd favorite team?! You're dead to me.

haha yep was just about to say the same.. "you were starting to sound real nice, but.."

maaaaaybe til last october....

nah jokes, enjoy the trip

but 1300smiles? like suncorp????

If this game was at Suncorp then I think the game would be 50/50. But Townsville is a different story. They lost one game in Townsville during the regular season which was against Melbourne without Thurston. Can we win? Yes. Is it likely? No. I give us about a 30 per cent chance of winning.

Let's not forget we were well ahead when we played the Cowboys in Townsville earlier in the year. It wasn't until we got about 3 injuries that the Cowboys forced their way back. We were down so many troops an injured McCulloch had to return to the field.

Obviously our form was much better then, but we have shown we can do it.

Was our form better then? We were winning like we are now with only one game really standing out. The rest we seemed to be spluttering along. I'd say we are where we were at the start of the year.

If the team turns up to play it will be game on.

What's the weather like? If it's roasting hot and humid as **** it will be a real challenge.

Anyone who still talks shit on Hunt needs to stare at this pic until their eyes bleed

I think you've missed the important fact that thurston has played less games than hunt this year due to origin and injury. Thurston has been poor since origin but hunt has been well down on form since last year's GF.

While the stats also show that Hunt's running game is his strength, his kicking game is still at under 20s level.

Last edited:
I think we are primed to do a smash and grab on the Cowboys this week, get some redemption and then surge through the finals into the big dance.

We are flying well under the radar, everybody including the commentators and bookies have written us off , they've all bagged our 'average' performances yet we've won the last six in a row pretty easily when you think about it and we dealt with the new premiership favorites at their home. Why show everything you've got when you don't need to.

I thought against the Titans we again just did enough to win, regardless of the refereeing I still think we always had enough in us to win that game and the boys believed that too.

We are building nicely and the Storm match proves that when we need to lift to that next level we can.

Totally agree, and flip to that I'm not so sure the cows are going as great as the media is fapping over. Roosters roll them we beat roosters, but according to media we were shit. Cows beat titans by 16, same as us but apparently they were in control and we were gifted and lucky. We smash Melbourne, cowboys didn't look close, but apparently they have another gear but Melbourne didn't play well when we smashed them. I'm underwhelmed by the cowboys and think they're just about running on empty and to me they're ready to go on holidays. To me it feels like they think they have it in the bag because its in Townsville, and you know, Broncos won't get the rub of the green this time. Well, like we've learnt on many occasions when we're ambushed at home... its just a field no matter where you are.. right plan, right attitude 9/10 times you win. I think we owe the cowbitches a few heartbreaks too.... would be nice to deliver it in front of their own fans.

oops double

Last edited:
If I was a betting man, I would have to back the Cowboys.

Impeccable record at home this season and have the wood on us in finals/eliminators.

That said, they're likely more fatigued from their battle this week and have a little less turn around. Which I'm sure their fan base can attribute to the usual conspiracy.

We are in with a good shot but I'd rate this a 50/50 proposition at best.

14344874_1056106994504051_1817909494631050108_n.jpg

Anyone who still talks shit on Hunt needs to stare at this pic until their eyes bleed
So wait, does that mean hunt is better than thurston... awesome. Just shows that stats can say what you want... I don't think anyone needs stats to confirm that hunt is not close to Thurston. It means shit all. Where are the stats that show game control and building pressure for your team to capitalise on. Where are the stats that show the clutch plays under pressure, or the stat that shows making the right choice at the right time under pressure.

So wait, does that mean hunt is better than thurston... awesome. Just shows that stats can say what you want... I don't think anyone needs stats to confirm that hunt is not close to Thurston. It means shit all. Where are the stats that show game control and building pressure for your team to capitalise on. Where are the stats that show the clutch plays under pressure, or the stat that shows making the right choice at the right time under pressure.
Well Hunt could lead his team to a victory against Melbourne. The Cowboys only managed one fluke of a try and one try that was a complete **** up by the Melbourne centre.

Is Hunt better than Thurston? No. But he's still a really good player.

My feels is that we got this by 16. Cows had all the motivation needed to go hard at the storm last week. Playing for a week off, and not wanting to back up against the Broncs who want pay back. But they were uncreative, too safe and seemed frustrated. I think they are done. We got this.

How come Taumololo is allowed to play after being pinged for criminal damage? I smell a cowspiracy.

For me I think if the game is reffed down the middle we win... but what are the chances of us not getting completely bent over a barrel by the refs.

Also our starts have been terrible of late so we really need to hold them out early and build into the game

Yeah I think our attack has come on leaps and bounds. I don't think our defense was horrendous against the GC - we conceded a fair few tries off freak kicks - but it definitely needs to improve.

We are the best team left in the comp at our best, comfortably so. The problem is, the margin between our best and worst is much bigger than any other team left as well. We turn up for the next three games, we win the comp. If we are slightly off in any of them, we are out comfortably.

cowboys attack looked pretty flat last week against the storm. yes the storm defended strongly but in all honesty the cowboys didnt throw that much at them.

its not cows year. i think we can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • The Strapper
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • BRC088
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • Thelmus
  • Skathen
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.