Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Our lock was Corey Parker. Their lock was Jason Taumololo.

Other then that was an even game.

Broncos were very stiff. Some of the refereeing was pathetic. Cowboys got away with so much. That long range try to Hess was horrid defense. Milford playing so poorly was probably the difference in the end.

I'm sick of not having a half who can provide us a good option on the 5th via a kick. We need that more than anything and we haven't really had it on a consistent basis since Lockyer. I don't think we will win another competition until we have it either.

I'm also not impressed with Bennett waiting as long as he did to bring in Pangai Jr, that was fucking stupid.

Why not? If he carried an injury into the game that was so bad that he couldn't tackle - and the fact is that two tries went in due to 1 on 1 misses - then I think that's fair criticism. Dce did the same exact thing in origin and it cost us a series. I'm 100% certain people here were lambasting him for it (so was I).

Because he was doing the best he could do under the circumstances. He wouldn't have wanted to let his team mates down, but we need to roll the dice and hope he could make it through the game. Unfortunately for us, he couldn't do it. You don't have any idea how bad his shoulder actually is.

Because he was doing the best he could do under the circumstances. He wouldn't have wanted to let his team mates down, but we need to roll the dice and hope he could make it through the game. Unfortunately for us, he couldn't do it. You don't have any idea how bad his shoulder actually is.

Bad enough to require surgery almost immediately now that the season is done.

Having said that, Opacic displays a number of glaring weaknesses in defence. He plants his feet very early, allowing players with footwork to get on his inside and outside quite easily - E.g Justin O'neill Try.
He also arm grabs quite a bit because of this early feet planting, hence the Coen Hess try.

He will get his surgery and this will be a massive issue for him to rectify, or he will slip into a depth role in 2017 with Mead coming.

Having said that, Opacic displays a number of glaring weaknesses in defence. He plants his feet very early, allowing players with footwork to get on his inside and outside quite easily - E.g Justin O'neill Try.
He also arm grabs quite a bit because of this early feet planting, hence the Coen Hess try.

He will get his surgery and this will be a massive issue for him to rectify, or he will slip into a depth role in 2017 with Mead coming.

Assuming he becomes that depth player, would we just roll with Boyd, Oates, Kahu, Roberts, Mead in the back line? Any more surprise signings?

Hope Roberts feels like a right Harmichal. His suspension was avoidable and forced us to play a busted Opa.

His speed would have killed it last night.

Boyd has to be captain next year. Pissed me off seeing Parker openly struggling. Lead by example FFS.

WTF is wrong with Milf, resents being tackled and can't hold the pill.

Hope Roberts feels like a right Harmichal. His suspension was avoidable and forced us to play a busted Opa.

His speed would have killed it last night.

Boyd has to be captain next year. ****ed me off seeing Parker openly struggling. Lead by example FFS.

WTF is wrong with Milf, resents being tackled and can't hold the pill.

Possibly this.

Chris Garry
@ChrisGarry7
10h

10 hours ago

Milford has been carrying that knee for weeks. He's tough as.

I'm not blaming the ref I think we were beaten by a better team in a great game of footy but how come Gould and Sterlo were not outraged when Morgan was obviously offside and we were only awarded a scrum? It got a passing mention and that was it as opposed to 75 minutes of bewildered outrage.

Last edited:

Tbf to him, he has been playing with this shoulder injury for most of his first grade career, and its effecting the way he is playing., like him planting his feet simply because he need to brace himself for the impact more than he usually would. You can also see he is struggling to get his arms pumping when he is running.

As for his injury, i do know exactly whats wrong and he should have had surgery weeks ago but it got put off to help out the team. He is a tough, tough player. It will be fairer to judge him after surgery and when he is fully fit next season. Considering all that, i think he has done really well so far.

Its a bit strange the amount of shoulder injuries we are carrying this season ( Gillett, Tom, Kodi and Reed ). Hopefully, its just a coincidence.

Carbon copy of every other game. We win the first 10. Butcher the next 10 with simple one on one miss on Feldt.

Get back in it off an awful game from Coote.

In a winning position and Gillett throws a leg out and that's the game right there.

Has there ever been a player like Thurston who literally pulls an entire side of mediocre also-rans and error riddled shit performances into wins. Every. Fucking. Time.

Oates try would have put any other team to sleep. **** these games.

What was up with a few of the boys doing air swing tackles and missing :tsk:

Carbon copy of every other game. We win the first 10. Butcher the next 10 with simple one on one miss on Feldt.

Get back in it off an awful game from Coote.

In a winning position and Gillett throws a leg out and that's the game right there.

Has there ever been a player like Thurston who literally pulls an entire side of mediocre also-rans and error riddled shit performances into wins. Every. Fucking. Time.

Oates try would have put any other team to sleep. **** these games.

Cows are gonna have some painful years once he retires. Probably twice as bad as what we went through when Locky called it a day.

I think the reduction of interchange killed Broncos season. Broncos forward pack gone be one of lighter pack in the competition. If Maguire gone be playing front row next year Broncos need some big size forward next year with him.

Even though we lost, but that was the best game of league I've seen in a long time. Massive credit to both teams for putting that display on. Gee if all games were like that or even close to that then Greenturd wouldn't have a problem competing with any other sport in Oz.

couple of our players were off and a couple were completely on. Boyd was outstanding as was Sammy and Kahu. That Hess try was great but Oates at the end, gee he's got a big stride, great run.

oh well, from the season we had, ups and downs, I would still give give a pass mark but with a few things to work on, namely general kicking in play and repeat sets, both of which are very ordinary and completely non existent.

Since were out, cmon the panthers or storm. Gee if the Sharks make it......spew!!!

have a great off season everyone and let the 2017 team list start flying!!

We won a premiership with Shane Perry. Lay off the halves.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • kiwibronco
  • Johnny92
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.