Finals Week 2 Discussion

If we beat the Cowboys, I reckon we would have definitely lost to Manly and I'd be even more pissed off. The Cowboys are at least the lesser evil to lose to.

I saw a double movement

I thought he had momentum in grounding it short and because he never takes that arm off the ground until the defence comes in they push him that little bit for the ball to make it to the goal line (if you watch the side line angle you see it just before the view is obstructed by the corner post.) He is then some how rolled over and has another go, but I don't think he gets it down before losing the ball.

Cowboys robbed by the refs, makes me want to quit supporting league when shit like this goes on.

Double movement pure and simple, Foran knocks on but the only one who can't see it are the vid refs then Manly ground it in goal, no call again. This Manly love by the refs and judiciary is becoming comical.

Cheering for the only non Sydney side now but what chance have they got against the cheating NSW ****** refs.

Almost too hard to believe...first the classic,by any definition,double movement then another incredible blunder....robbed. Forget the commentary which we had off.....robbed

I agree with the commentators. Manly were the better team tonight however as Twiztid once said, momentum is a strong thing.

Cowboys robbed by the refs, makes me want to quit supporting league when shit like this goes on.

Thats exactly how I feel. That reffing was absolutely disgraceful. Was a clear double movement for me, he grounds it short and then his arms leave the ground and then re-ground the ball. Plus the clear knock on by Foran. It reminds me of a double movement call we had early this year i think (or maybe last season) where Yow Yeh grubbed to himself, grounds it short, moves the ball over the line while keeping the ball on the ground (and with momentum), but was called double movement.

forget the commentary..bloke reached out and grounded the ball short then made a second movement..classic double...other was an obvious knock on

Cows were lucky to get back into it with that Taufua 'knock on' but in fairness, refs. got one look at it and Taufua had a loose carry.

The try itself had 10 replays and it was as sloppy as anything. Taufua had no control over that ball, in fact it looked like he lost it and regathered it by using the ground. I can see how it was given benefit of the doubt by today's standards but even Jorge got up shaking his head.

That doesn't even compare to the sheer embarrassment of the final try. It was a knock on as soon as it happened, it was as clear as day and yet because one angle looks a tad inconclusive (the front on shows it clearly) it's a BotD try.

I don't even think the refs. are the main problem anymore. It's the rules that allow you to score tries with your penis and all sort of ridiculous dumb s**t. The rulebook needs to be overhauled to the point where the refs. have bugger all responsibility because as a fan I'm getting sick of them have such an impact on our game.

It's the rules that allow you to score tries with your penis and all sort of ridiculous dumb s**t.

Oooh, can only be a try if you score with your penis. Me likey that rule. If brought in, Manly would be incapable of scoring a try. True story.

If you are short and you lift the ball and place it in the in goal with a player on you it is a double movement unless you have clear momentum (which he didn't). Plus he loses control when he grounds short. Plus it isn't clear he gets it down as Graham has a hand under it which eventually pulls upwards with to dislodge the ball. Taufua's feet also go out and it may well have been before he actually "almost" grounds it but they never looked at it long enough for us to really check that either.

The second one haha this is just a farce. Firstly, Thurston is pushed off the ball and secondly and most importantly Foran gets a CLEAR touch on the ball.

Let's wait for Bill Harrigan to either defend the decisions or hang them out to dry but reinstate them next week anyway.

Oooh, can only be a try if you score with your penis. Me likey that rule. If brought in, Manly would be incapable of scoring a try. True story.

It's already the rule.

Ask Mr. Johnson about Origin 3 09.

If you are short and you lift the ball and place it in the in goal with a player on you it is a double movement unless you have clear momentum (which he didn't).

Wasn't a try scored either this year or last year where the defence had propelled the player who had grounded the ball short enough for the ball to touch the try line? This is what I feel happened, but I don't think they ruled on that and believe he got enough of the ball down when he had his 2nd effort and if that is the case that is a double movement.

He wasn't really propelled in though, he pushes himself in.

Is there a luckier team in world sport than Manly?

Absolutely EVERYTHING seems to go their way.

Same here.

Just before each game, I am thinking which team is going to be robbed of a victory be the refs.

I don't think that about a Broncos game, as I know most of the time it will be us.

Did a Cowboys player have a hand on Lyon, when he passed off the ground.

If so, why wasn't he penalised. (apart from the part he plays for Manly)

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Painin the Haas
  • Manifesto
  • levikaden
  • BroncosAlways
  • sooticus
  • bb_gun
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.