Finals Week 2

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I know tedasco is a amazing player but can the media at least call his game for what it was?

if it was any other fullback they would say it was a rocks or diamonds performance

sure he was amazing in attack but he also had a few crucial errors that led to the raiders win

Just hate listening to the jibberish so much call it for what it is ffs

Freddy couldn't help himself tonight. Tried his best to remain balanced and rap the Raiders when he could but he was clearly frustrated by the game.

The crazy thing is, it was only slightly noticeable. The commentary calls are always so coloured, you'd swear it's a local coverage like the old Broncos days.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014

look at these happy unbiased commentators after witnessing one of the better games of the year.

truly blessed are we to have such a professional media commentating our sport

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Good game and good result. My main gripes are the tackle on Morris when he was coathangered over the sideline... not checked. But the Keary offside by 6 inches was checked under the guise of "check grounding" when clearly the chooks didn't get near it.
If they are going to check that then check everyfuckingthing.

This game just frustrates me. The media bitches about the bunker but they still check minor stuff like that. Most viewers would understand if a ref misses a 6 inch offside but an obvious forward pass cannot be checked.

Once again, the cheats around the ruck cannot be policed by 1 ref.

Valandys has created a faster "product" and made it impossible to referee properly.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Good game and good result. My main gripes are the tackle on Morris when he was coathangered over the sideline... not checked. But the Keary offside by 6 inches was checked under the guise of "check grounding" when clearly the chooks didn't get near it.
If they are going to check that then check everyfuckingthing.

The video referee reviewed both, they can't overturn a high tackle unless they consider it a reportable offence.

Last edited:
jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
To be fair Ennis is a raiders assistant coach 😄

that just makes it worse. I'm not just singling out one team i just hate that nearly our whole sport the majority of the media are so shamefully biased towards there teams. and it makes it so un enjoyable to have to listen to at least one biased commentator in nearly every game now

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So SST apparently has done his ACL. It'll be a big blow to them next year.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The video referee reviewed both, they can't overturn a high tackle unless they consider it a reportable offence.
They've tipped it all year at different stages but it goes to my frustration. The offiside is not reportable but can be penalised a clear head high which stopped a try cannot be. That is absurd.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Also looks like the Raiders have definitely won when they lost TPJ to get Tapine. TPJ has more talent, but Tapine has at least produced something when it counted.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
So SST apparently has done his ACL. It'll be a big blow to them next year.

His 2nd ACL in the space of a few years, not ideal. Same knee as well.

Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

QCup Player
Oct 23, 2016
Fittler should be sacked after not being able to praise the raiders for winning. Bloody disgraceful. I hope QLD thrashes his team. I can’t stand either team but he just couldn’t help himself by having a sook at the end. You would never hear George Doniger or Mick Vievers carry on like that. Even Arthur and Chonny Peard stayed professional. End of rant and stay classy.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Raiders just out-powered the Roosters through the middle. Friend and Cordner clearly weren't at 100% and Warea-Hargreaves had a poor game by his standards. Coupled with the loss of Taukeiaho, the Roosters didn't get their own right of reply after the early onslaught. Papalii once again led the way and is challenging Fisher-Harris, Paulo and Bromwich for the best prop in the game. He just scored a decisive victory over JWH tonight. He certainly had some help, Tapine has been one of the most destructive players in the competition and he scored a significant try to extend the lead.

Sydney fought valiantly. Tedesco was in everything and while he came up with some crucial errors at the death, he was tireless and just about brought the Roosters back from the dead. Manu looked likely all game but they just struggled to give him good clean ball. The passing game from the Roosters in general was very sloppy and they rarely found that gear they're capable of. The senior players attempted to remedy the situation, but just ran out of time.

After dropping off the radar somewhat after his big performance against Melbourne, George Williams played a starring role, scoring a try and setting one up for Wighton. He was always going to be a key component for the Raiders and their premiership aspirations, thus far he's come up with some valuable plays during this final series. I don't think it's a stretch at all to consider him the best English half to come over in the NRL era. It's a credit to him and the Raiders for making it happen.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Fittler should be sacked after not being able to praise the raiders for winning. Bloody disgraceful. I hope QLD thrashes his team. I can’t stand either team but he just couldn’t help himself by having a sook at the end. You would never hear George Doniger or Mick Vievers carry on like that. Even Arthur and Chonny Peard stayed professional. End of rant and stay classy.

I tuned out after the full-time siren went and instead of putting over the Raiders he made it about the Roosters and how they had accomplished everything in the game.

Did he go on with it? Let me guess, the Raiders were lucky and he had never seen a team have so much luck in 80 minutes?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Hahaha because they only called brisbane footy. I thought I was ancient, welcome to the OCs of BHQ .
P.S. you left out Billy J Smith, Fonda Metasa and David Wright.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.