Finals Week 2

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Friend and Cordner clearly weren't at 100%

Have been both genuinely atrocious the entire season to be honest. Their bodies have failed them. Wouldn't stun me if both are out of the NRL within 2 years.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Also looks like the Raiders have definitely won when they lost TPJ to get Tapine. TPJ has more talent, but Tapine has at least produced something when it counted.
Yep. Tapine has a heap of talent, but he has a brain and doesn’t overplay his hand like TPJ.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The Raiders just out-powered the Roosters through the middle. Friend and Cordner clearly weren't at 100% and Warea-Hargreaves had a poor game by his standards. Coupled with the loss of Taukeiaho, the Roosters didn't get their own right of reply after the early onslaught. Papalii once again led the way and is challenging Fisher-Harris, Paulo and Bromwich for the best prop in the game. He just scored a decisive victory over JWH tonight. He certainly had some help, Tapine has been one of the most destructive players in the competition and he scored a significant try to extend the lead.

Sydney fought valiantly. Tedesco was in everything and while he came up with some crucial errors at the death, he was tireless and just about brought the Roosters back from the dead. Manu looked likely all game but they just struggled to give him good clean ball. The passing game from the Roosters in general was very sloppy and they rarely found that gear they're capable of. The senior players attempted to remedy the situation, but just ran out of time.

After dropping off the radar somewhat after his big performance against Melbourne, George Williams played a starring role, scoring a try and setting one up for Wighton. He was always going to be a key component for the Raiders and their premiership aspirations, thus far he's come up with some valuable plays during this final series. I don't think it's a stretch at all to consider him the best English half to come over in the NRL era. It's a credit to him and the Raiders for making it happen.
Nice summation BP. The chooks face some hard decisions in the off season. Their roster has gotten old quickly.
Cordner, Friend JWH, the Morris twins are on the brink. Aubussen will be sorely missed . It will be interesting to see how they re invent. Keary has to be a concern with his head knocks as well.
I can see them struggling to make the 8 next year ( big call I know ) but if a few teams improve it's a real possibility .

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They've tipped it all year at different stages but it goes to my frustration. The offiside is not reportable but can be penalised a clear head high which stopped a try cannot be. That is absurd.

I don't mind it because the video referee is the in-goal referee. That's their jurisdiction and they get a quick glance to ensure the right restart is taken. The head highs are different because then it'd just encourage more dives and anything that looked remotely high would be penalised.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Fittler should be sacked after not being able to praise the raiders for winning. Bloody disgraceful. I hope QLD thrashes his team. I can’t stand either team but he just couldn’t help himself by having a sook at the end. You would never hear George Doniger or Mick Vievers carry on like that. Even Arthur and Chonny Peard stayed professional. End of rant and stay classy.

Fox commentary wasn't much better. The Raiders win the game and pretty much the first thing out of Ginannes mouth is "Everyone stand up and applaud the end of this marvelous dynasty..."

The **** out of here wanker.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I don't mind it because the video referee is the in-goal referee. That's their jurisdiction and they get a quick glance to ensure the right restart is taken. The head highs are different because then it'd just encourage more dives and anything that looked remotely high would be penalised.
In that game, at that time, considering the tackle, if I was Morris I would I have stayed down and played doggo for sure and nobody would have complained about the penalty which was absolutely the right call.
I simply don't get it. We either use the bunker to get the right call or not . Picking and choosing, IMO, doesn't cut it.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Is that a farewell and smell you later to sonny bill?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
In that game, at that time, considering the tackle, if I was Morris I would I have stayed down and played doggo for sure and nobody would have complained about the penalty which was absolutely the right call.
I simply don't get it. We either use the bunker to get the right call or not . Picking and choosing, IMO, doesn't cut it.

Well if we didn't have it then all the discussion would be focused on the Rapana try which was proof positive why we need a review system.

That's where we disagree. I'm fine with the head high being let go because it's consistent with the rest of the game. There would be so many tackles where there was incidental contact with the head where by the rules their penalties but really they don't deserve to be blown. The referee live was of the opinion it didn't deserve a penalty, Nicoll-Klokstad didn't take his head off and for now I'm fine with it being play on. If the MRC come out tomorrow and decide 'yeah, nah let's charge him' then the Roosters deserve to feel hard done by.

Morris' mistake was not reaching the in-goal. It's worth noting that Keary was going to be penalised and Klein just wanted to make sure of it since he wanted to review the restart which he's entitled to do in the in-goal.

I agree that the referees need a review in general. They're like the Broncos, brought up under a different administration, expected to adapt to all these systems that go against their instincts with even less support.

P

Petch67

Banned User
Jun 20, 2020
Fittler should be sacked after not being able to praise the raiders for winning. Bloody disgraceful. I hope QLD thrashes his team. I can’t stand either team but he just couldn’t help himself by having a sook at the end. You would never hear George Doniger or Mick Vievers carry on like that. Even Arthur and Chonny Peard stayed professional. End of rant and stay classy.
Wasnt as good as joey johns when the blues lost that origin couple years back....its gonna be more unbearable next week when penrith play...itll be a full on wankfest over Cleary💦💦💦

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Have been both genuinely atrocious the entire season to be honest. Their bodies have failed them. Wouldn't stun me if both are out of the NRL within 2 years.
I said it recently, but the way Cordner plays, being out of the NRL will be the least of his worries. If he’s not careful, a few years from now he won’t be permitted to eat soup unsupervised for the fear of drowning.

He’s got CTE written all over him. He should retire now before it’s too late.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Last edited:
W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Well just read that Jennings is out - suspended for banned substances. Wonder if that explains his somewhat better form this year?

"Jennings has been provisionally suspended after returning a positive A-sample for Ligandrol and Ibutamoren and now has the opportunity to have his B-sample analysed."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/10/jennings-provisionally-suspended-after-positive-test/
Should move this across to the Paul Gallen thread for entertainment value!

EDIT: cancel that, can see the fireworks have already been lit 🥳

Last edited:
P

Petch67

Banned User
Jun 20, 2020
Fox commentary wasn't much better. The Raiders win the game and pretty much the first thing out of Ginannes mouth is "Everyone stand up and applaud the end of this marvelous dynasty..."

The **** out of here wanker.
the only ones standing were the 9 and fox commentators after they got their hands and or mouths off each others *****....all the rorters fans wont be seen again until they make a GF

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • ell.d33
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.