Finals Week 3 Discussion

It was a try because Manly sucks and I don't like them.

I look forward to seeing toovey's press conference

I thought the Slater try was fine. Foran knocked it out as Slater was about to score, so play on and Slater grounds first. Basically similar to the Inglis try SOO but with a hand instead of a foot.

It is funny Melbourne are making Manly look worse than we did, week 1.

Dammit now manly are only 1 converted try behind, and it came from a very dubious looking penalty. Did anyone see anything remotely wrong with manus tackle? The replay didn't show any arm around the neck from manu from what I could see.

Refs must've got the reminder that manly are supposed to win.

I thought the Slater try was fine. Foran knocked it out as Slater was about to score, so play on and Slater grounds first. Basically similar to the Inglis try SOO but with a hand instead of a foot.

It is funny Melbourne are making Manly look worse than we did, week 1.

Sarcastic?

Lyon is dead-set a great player. He honestly deserves to have his name up there with the Slaters, Cronks, Smiths, Barbas, GIs of the game. Nothing doing, so Foran puts it on a dime and who else but Lyon comes up with it to keep Manly in the game despite them playing like absolute crap.

Slater's try is fine under the current rules...but it's another reminder why those rules need to be changed.

What was up with Chambers shaping to pass in the in-goal? He gets a lot of wraps on here and I honestly don't see what others see in him. Just a cog in a great team.

EDIT: Completely forgot, did Lyon look off-side to anyone else?

Last edited:
Despite the score being 12-6 Manly have a butload of work to do at halftime although they are getting better. They are soooooo lucky Melbourne are'nt playing at their best if they were the Storm would've had it won by now. Another crap video-ref decision Slater lost the ball. Cameron Smith's missed shots at goal is keeping Manly in sight.

Sarcastic?
No. They are playing just as fast and strong as they did against us and did the same result to a very good Manly team.

If Smith's boot is on they are 18 - 6. Though Manly have gotten back into the grind a lot earlier then we did.

Lyon is dead-set a great player. He honestly deserves to have his name up there with the Slaters, Cronks, Smiths, Barbas, GIs of the game. Nothing doing, so Foran puts it on a dime and who else but Lyon comes up with it to keep Manly in the game despite them playing like absolute crap.

Slater's try is fine under the current rules...but it's another reminder why those rules need to be changed.

What was up with Chambers shaping to pass in the in-goal? He gets a lot of wraps on here and I honestly don't see what others see in him. Just a cog in a great team.

EDIT: Completely forgot, did Lyon look off-side to anyone else?

Sorry , no way was Slater close to grounding that absolute BS call but glad it went against the scum.
Yes, I thought Lyon was offside, just bot it was probably too close to call.

Ap, I called it as soon as Burher stayed down, it was nothing more than a cuddle, BS penalty.

God damn I'm an awesome mocker.

Great work from Chambers to get outside Matai.

Dex - There was no seperation and it could be argued Foran tried to strip, so it's fine by the rules.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • porouian
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.