Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

He played like shit for months whilst trying to get his million then blamed negotiations on why he was playing bad. You understand metaphors, right?
I never saw Milford blame negotiations for his form. Plenty of media did though, and we believe those in this case, right?

But, back to the matter at hand, what's your take on WB.
Agree, disagree with my points about him, or his having the runs on the board enough to continue ignoring the blatant evident, while blaming everyone else?

We were a better attacking team at the back end of 15, precisely because McGuire wasn't in the team.
What the **** is this?

And people are blaming the refs for our inability to score points, get a fucking grip!

Until we land a decent prop and a halfback expect more finals exits like this.

I feel like we are in the position the Bulldogs were a couple years ago. Solid team and coach that will consistently get good results.

Glaring weaknesses which mean that we have no hope of winning. No one willing to address issues because of good results.

I'm not sure if our problem is roster management or coaching though.

Our attack was pathetic tonight.

Disappointing to lose, especially to nil, but we were right in the game up until just before half time.

But to be fair, we've been playing busted for a big part of the season.

At some point in 2017, we've been without our 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 17. The only position that did not change all year was Moga at 4 and Glenn at 11 IIRC.

The Cowboys have been gallant, but I believe we've been more decimated than any other team this year.

We really shouldn't have made it this far and probably only did by default and our early successes.

We kept trying, certainly cost ourselves at times, but never got the luck every team needs when it comes to injury / suspension and the confidence and cohesion that having the same 17 (or the bulk of it) brings with it.

We looked dangerous for 39 minutes tonight, but after that I think it was just a bridge too far, we were a patched up team that was too exhausted.

Chins up, our time is coming.

I never saw Milford blame negotiations for his form. Plenty of media did though, and we believe those in this case, right?

But, back to the matter at hand, what's your take on WB.
Agree, disagree with my points about him, or his having the runs on the board enough to continue ignoring the blatant evident, while blaming everyone else?
I feel like unless we are at training or see actual details our opinions don't really matter. It's different to games because we have absolutely no idea what happens there. Are players being taught how to do things but are just unable to do it on the field? I think coaches get blamed more than players for the players mistakes. Maybe he is prioritizing helping these guys in their lives instead of doing their job on the field. Do we really know? Nope. Will we ever find out? Maybe if he writes another book. For me, Bennett has done enough to get the benefit of the doubt. I, for one, refuse to take Buzz Rothfields side on this argument.

Who would be a better, viable option than Wayne Bennett right now? I always see a lot of complaints but never any answers. Walters has the Origin team and was probably our first choice, but he left. Demitriou is probably next in line, but would you hand him the reigns next year?

Also Bennett said negotiations "affects everyone, and he's no different".

I don't mean ego in the standard sense. I more mean that everybody is telling him how good he is, and making him one of the games best paid players at such a young age before he's proven anything (in a new position) without rep honours... it's gonna go to a young fella's head and maybe he thinks he doesn't have to work as hard (off-field/training). Does that make more sense?
Yes, absolutely... but again, not really his fault, is it?

Ash Taylor is exactly in the same predicament with all the money being bandied about, when he still has to establish himself as a premier half.

Disappointing to lose, especially to nil, but we were right in the game up until just before half time.

But to be fair, we've been playing busted for a big part of the season.

At some point in 2017, we've been without our 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 17. The only position that did not change all year was Moga at 4 and Glenn at 11 IIRC.

The Cowboys have been gallant, but I believe we've been more decimated than any other team this year.

We really shouldn't have made it this far and probably only did by default and our early successes.

We kept trying, certainly cost ourselves at times, but never got the luck every team needs when it comes to injury / suspension and the confidence and cohesion that having the same 17 (or the bulk of it) brings with it.

We looked dangerous for 39 minutes tonight, but after that I think it was just a bridge too far, we were a patched up team that was too exhausted.

Chins up, our time is coming.
I'm normally an optimistic fan and like the positive spin. But tbh I don't see Brisbane winning a premiership in the next couple years after tonight. Mentally the storm and the cowboys have it over us. To add to this Thurston and slater retire next year and possibly smith the year after. They won't be cracking down on the wrestle or give us a fairtytale run with those gods retiring. How can you beat a defence that gets an extra second to set every tackle? Re-watch the game tonight and you'll see why there was a low penalty count. Because if the refs were fair dinkum and penalised for players putting in 2nd efforts after they have called held it would have upset smith. We were facing our own goal line every tackle with smith flopping on players and even ripping off ese ese's shirt after the ref called held, AFTER the ref called held. We got penalised for being off side after they threw a blatant forward pass because the Tallis and Kent said we were off side-every team does it!

Until the nrl crack down on the wrestle the storm will be the dominant team with the odd fairytale story breaking it up... it's been that way for 10 years and doesn't look like changing. They brought in the 8 interchanges to try to change it but the storm get 10-12 by milking the HIA (coincidentally it's always their big forwards). The refs need to crack down on it for an entire 2-3 years, otherwise the product will continue to deminish. They also should go to 6 interchange at the most and bring in independent doctors for the HIA

Paul Green.
As if he's going to come to us whilst he still has a year or two with Thurston. And could you imagine the media uproar if a Broncos coach ever whinged about a call going against us?

I'm normally an optimistic fan and like the positive spin. But tbh I don't see Brisbane winning a premiership in the next couple years after tonight. Mentally the storm and the cowboys have it over us. To add to this Thurston and slater retire next year and possibly smith the year after. They won't be cracking down on the wrestle or give us a fairtytale run with those gods retiring. How can you beat a defence that gets an extra second to set every tackle? Re-watch the game tonight and you'll see why there was a low penalty count. Because if the refs were fair dinkum and penalised for players putting in 2nd efforts after they have called held it would have upset smith. We were facing our own goal line every tackle with smith flopping on players and even ripping off ese ese's shirt after the ref called held, AFTER the ref called held. We got penalised for being off side after they threw a blatant forward pass because the Tallis and Kent said we were off side-every team does it!

Until the nrl crack down on the wrestle the storm will be the dominant team with the odd fairytale story breaking it up... it's been that way for 10 years and doesn't look like changing. They brought in the 8 interchanges to try to change it but the storm get 10-12 by milking the HIA (coincidentally it's always their big forwards). The refs need to crack down on it for an entire 2-3 years, otherwise the product will continue to deminish. They also should go to 6 interchange at the most and bring in independent doctors for the HIA

All of that is true but tonight we were holding down just as long as Melbourne were in tackles.

We shot ourselves in the foot, made too many errors and got beaten by a better and fresher side, it happens and kind of sums up the season really - threatened to take off, even got off the ground a bit but never really got going until we crashed and burned.

As if he's going to come to us whilst he still has a year or two with Thurston. And could you imagine the media uproar if a Broncos coach ever whinged about a call going against us?

Sure but he is a better (maybe not viable) option. The other guy who is viable though is Kevin Walters.

Sure but he is a better (maybe not viable) option. The other guy who is viable though is Kevin Walters.
But is he better? Sure he played a part in our 2015 success but we don't know how much. It's not like he left and Hunt and Milford forgot everything he ever told them.

I also don't think Green is a better coach. I think he is a good coach who has also been helped by being handed everything on a silver platter over the last few seasons.

We won 1 from 8 against the year-end top four sides. In four of those games we got belted.

The Cowboys are showing how important being well drilled is in big games. The Storm, well that goes without saying. We get to high pressure moments and look totally clueless.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • leon.bott
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • achievedrap
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.