Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
i wonder if bennett will go back to working on that boring style of play for next year. defence and grind out. i hope not, i really want to see some attacking structures get drilled into these guys
I just want to see them back up and push up in numbers........just like 2015

Z

ZeBigLebowski

NYC Player
Mar 29, 2015
What do think guy about performance of Boyd as a captain this year?
Not bad, but not great. Personally I would have made Macca captain. Boyd can still command the back line but Macca is more head on IMO

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
The thing that dissapoints me the most is that Melbourne absolutely shit the bed in the first 41 minutes. They dropped bombs, the bombed certain try's, the gave away 7 tackle sets, they did things that melbourne just don't do. They tried there best to give us he game and we just couldn't do it. It's not like they choked us out of it with perfect footy we actually had a red hot shot and didn't take it.

Honestly that game was there too be won. That really hurts, as a supporter that really really hurts.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Not bad, but not great. Personally I would have made Macca captain. Boyd can still command the back line but Macca is more head on IMO
I think Broncos are lacking the leadership. I can't see any player captain material. I hope Boyd perform better next year.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Some of our blokes seem to care more about rep footy and are too buddy buddy with blokes like Smith and co. I wish the players had Manly's (for example) culture of being club first and foremost: who gives a **** about three Mickey Mouse games a year, you play for the Broncos and the supporters of the club.

As a bronco supporter since day one... and a Queenslander since before day one there is no way I will ever barrack for a NSW team over a team full of some of the best Queensland players ever.... I accepted we were not really going any further in the comp after the last Parra game so really not surprised we got smashed by Melb.... however I will now be 100% behind Melb, Cameron, Cooper, Billy and the 'Munster' ..... sorry if some don't like that but barrack for the ells or roosters....IN YER DREAMS!. Have a good off season everyone and if I make it ..see you next year.

The chooks are the nsw equivalent of us (including being hated by peasant clubs jelly of their on field success) and are actually well run, so cmon the chookies!

Edit: I really wish I could favour the cows, I have a lot of connection to nq, but their fans are absolute knobs, especially online.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Some of our blokes seem to care more about rep footy and are too buddy buddy with blokes like Smith and co. I wish the players had Manly's (for example) culture of being club first and foremost: who gives a **** about three Mickey Mouse games a year, you play for the Broncos and the supporters of the club.

The chooks are the nsw equivalent of us (including being hated by peasant clubs jelly of their on field success) and are actually well run, so cmon the chookies!

Edit: I really wish I could favour the cows, I have a lot of connection to nq, but their fans are absolute knobs, especially online.
it pains me to say it but i'm also hoping the roosters win it all now. the last thing i want to hear about is how elite the storm are or how amazing the cowboys have gone without Thurston. plus out of all 3 coaches left, trent rob seems to be most decent.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Milf is the key. If we can get him playing to his potential then we're right there for another premiership. If not, we'll just be making up the numbers as we were this year.

Agree...... unfortunately, he's failed to deliver when we needed him the most. It's the difference between being very good and greatness I suppose. The greats rise to the occasion and will invariably pull something out of the fire in big matches. Anthony has really disappointed me this final series. He needs to get his shoulder looked at ASAP, and start hooking in for a strong off season. It's a make or break year next year for Milford IMO.

We had everything we needed last night to beat Melbourne......we were getting the bounce of the ball, we had the luck and the Storm were making errors. It's quite disturbing that our 3 halves on the field couldn't capitalise on any of that. Melbourne don't give you those opportunities very often. When you do get them, you simply have to take advantage of them. We didn't even come close.

Moga is such a sped.

WB & Boyd. That was all kinds of fucked up last night. If that were anyone else, Bennett would have made the decision and not played them. Boyd was gone from the first minute of the game. Surely he would have tested himself out during the week to know weather or not he could handle running at full speed? Was there more upside to at least having him on the field than not......? I didn't see it.

I'm not going to miss Blair, Hunt or fucking Moga. I'm going to miss Esse.

Add Jack Bird next year.....mehh, jury is still out on him in my thinking. I hope he can add something.....

Roberts is fucken frustrating. Doesn't get himself involved enough. He should watch videos of Justin Hodges career to show him how a centre can get himself into a game.

We were right in that game last night, until Melbourne went over 20 mins into the 2nd half. Watching how easily we capitulated after that is a worry....

I'm not sure how I feel about next year. For a long time now we seem to struggle making the right 5th tackle options......making the right play in our attacking 20m. We still open up easily in defence. Got a lot of work to do yet.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
  • Thing is with comparison between Milf and Morgan, Morgan has been alongside Thurston for years and has him guiding him along. As good as Benji has been, i dont see him helping Milfs game like JT is for Morgan.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
  • Thing is with comparison between Milf and Morgan, Morgan has been alongside Thurston for years and has him guiding him along. As good as Benji has been, i dont see him helping Milfs game like JT is for Morgan.

I can't understand why Milford doesn't get the Lockyer to help him out.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Have no clue why Boyd played.

Our best forward tonight was probably Ese'ese and he is leaving.

I see why Boyd played. Was good idea to tighten up the line for the first 20 but had to come off after was clearly gone. The late tries can't be put down to just Boyd going off (he also went off after momentum was well and truly going Melbourne anyway and Broncs were gassed) but apparently 16 other professional footballers have no clue where to stand or how to tackle without him holding their hand... Never seen a league team so dependent on a fullback in defence. While suggests he is good at it think bigger issue is dependency, poor coaching and mental weakness of other players.

But while strengthened defence crippled any second wave stuff in attack and was huge risk Melbourne didn't exploit well enough with their kicking game early.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Their other 14 players are pretty average outside a few
They elevate everyone around them
Disagree.

Wingers are phenomenal. Chambers is an Aus centre and Scott is going well. Munster is on track to being a superstar. Wish we had Riley Jacks as a reserve half plus their new wunderkind. Their forwards better than ours. I looked at the team sheet before the game and found maybe 4 or 5 players I would pick on form and talent in the Broncos side above the Melbourne 17.

Coaching (namely Smith) and structures are way better than ours and agree the big three elevate those around. Can't think of one Bronco that genuinely does that. F*** miss Lockyer and Alfie. Oh right they are there we just don't use them properly to actually help the guys...

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Disagree.

Wingers are phenomenal. Chambers is an Aus centre and Scott is going well. Munster is on track to being a superstar. Wish we had Riley Jacks as a reserve half plus their new wunderkind. Their forwards better than ours. I looked at the team sheet before the game and found maybe 4 or 5 players I would pick on form and talent in the Broncos side above the Melbourne 17.

Coaching (namely Smith) and structures are way better than ours and agree the big three elevate those around. Can't think of one Bronco that genuinely does that. F*** miss Lockyer and Alfie. Oh right they are there we just don't use them properly to actually help the guys...
Completely agree. Bromwich, Harris, Chambers, Vunivalu, Addo-Carr, Munster, McLean and Asofa-Solomona would walk straight into any other team's best 17. Their whole squad is excellent, despite the salary cap drain of the Big 3.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Mentally they are weak. I remember when I was doing competitive taekwondo and sparring against an Australian rep. I was doing pretty good but in the back of my mind was this thought that I shouldn't be able to beat this guy.

I reckon they have these thoughts against JT, Smith etc

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
If the judiciary are fair dinkum then Slater will miss the GF.

He had plenty of time to pull out of that tackle.

Benji was slipping, but Slater reacted to that and crouched down but still caught him high.

It was clumsy and below standard expected but Bunji fell into it. Deserved 80 points not missing a grand final. Strongly believe to miss a grand final or rep match game should have higher points threshold.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
i wonder if bennett will go back to working on that boring style of play for next year. defence and grind out. i hope not, i really want to see some attacking structures get drilled into these guys

I actually dont think he will, which is why Bird has been bought in to play lock. I think he is aware we are a bit toothless in attack at times and need another game plan.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I'm generally my pretty good the morning after a bad loss in terms of being positive and getting over it. But there is one thing that really really is still pissing me off today and I'm sure I'll be told if I'm over reacting. I honestly think Boyd, Bennett and the performance staff have a case to answer in regards to letting Boyd play.

He didn't get injured again playing he went into the game injured and it was obvious from the kick off. He wasn't 99% fit nor was he even 90% fit. Surely they see in training not to mention the fucking warm up that the guy was injured. I don't care what he brings to our defensive line, what ever happened to having 17 healthy players on the field. Locky would have been more useful with a broken jaw then Boyd last night.

Sure having someone else at fullback wouldn't have been ideal but they would have been 100% fit. I honestly think they need to admit they've made a massive error playing Boyd. I've never been so salty about something in my life it's been messing in my head all night and day just having visions of him getting around in the 10th minute of a preliminary final on one leg. WHY DID THEY PLAY HIM??

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
It had no bearing on the result but how bad was that play the ball Slater got away with. It's a turnover if anyone else in the game does it.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Also I think it's about time a serious discussion is had about Oates to the second row. He has been good as a winger, but lately his hands have really started to let him down. Moga's offload in the 2nd wasn't the greatest but any other winger reels that ball in.
No way. Look at the tries he has scored this year alone. You don't move a player like that.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  • Manlyman
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • eggstar10
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.