PLAYER Fletcher Baker

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
There was one moment in the game yesterday where he got tackled and pushed back by 3 metres by someone half his size. He’s just painful to watch. I don’t doubt he’s trying, but just not up to it.

Sorry Kevvie, love you man, but this was not your best moment in footy signing this fella.

I want him to prove me wrong but he just doesn’t.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
his demeanour and body language on the field is woeful. Really unlikeable player who feels like a lite version of Alex Twal.

Recruitment blunder but they took a punt and thought they could improve him, this guy wouldn’t stand out in a cup game.

Comparatively, I'd kill to have Alex Twal

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wonder if baker is on much less then Palasia would’ve cost to keep

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I would love to know the answer to that question, it’s not just looking like a **** up, it is a **** up.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I would love to know the answer to that question, it’s not just looking like a **** up, it is a **** up.

I'd say Fleglers the reason we lost Keenan, he signed with the Titans months before Flegler decided to go Redcliffe. I do think we wanted to keep him.
If the club knew Flegler was going I don't think they let Keenan go so easily and I think Keenan stays with Toms starting spot vacant.

A

Alihaider

Apr 25, 2023
There a player at the bears number 16 he looks exactly what we need good meters from the bench reliable can play long minutes and tackles well he’s tall dude I forgot his name I think the broncos should have a good look at him

A

Alihaider

Apr 25, 2023
There a player at the bears number 16 he looks exactly what we need good meters from the bench reliable can play long minutes and tackles well he’s tall dude I forgot his name I think the broncos should have a good look at him
Our bench lacks I think either hetho or gowaski got to go

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I'd say Fleglers the reason we lost Keenan, he signed with the Titans months before Flegler decided to go Redcliffe. I do think we wanted to keep him.
If the club knew Flegler was going I don't think they let Keenan go so easily and I think Keenan stays with Toms starting spot vacant.
Good point and just points out good old nswrl loving the fact Redcliffe became another team to pilfer us. especially one so close to home.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I think to be fair that is a hard one to compare, Palasia was not even close to the player he was untill after he already signed for Titans, before that he was just a steady average middle.

The only net positive for us this year has been Willison getting more game time, all our new signings have been terrible.

Certainly worrying recruitment decisions.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think to be fair that is a hard one to compare, Palasia was not even close to the player he was untill after he already signed for Titans, before that he was just a steady average middle.

The only net positive for us this year has been Willison getting more game time, all our new signings have been terrible.

Good point, full strength our bench is great with Xavier.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Good point, full strength our bench is great with Xavier.
Not sure great is the right word. We really need to get more out of Kobe and The Jetski. Willson is the only one really carrying his weight consistently. Kobe is an undersized middle who can't play edge which hurts how we run our bench.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Who's our next batch of forwards coming through in the juniors?

We knew Willison, Piakura and BTK were coming through ages before they hit NRL, but it seems like it's stopped at Te Kura.

We've got no second row depth and the contracted development players are all backs and halves.

Palasia was on the radar for awhile as well, but after we lost him we went after Baker, Hunt and now Gos... usually we would have a junior coming through that we would be giving a chance to instead of looking outside the club for fringe first graders.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.