Folau will come back

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
"Folau, the youngest Kangaroo in Test history, has again kept the candle alight for a possible return to the NRL, and the Broncos, when his AFL deal expires at the end of 2014.

"I am definitely still leaving the door open to rugby league," he said. "There's no doubt that rugby league is a great game and it's given me a lot of opportunities. I might come back to the Broncos for sure.

"I'll be 25 at the end of my contract with GWS so if I want to come back to league, I'll have time on my side."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...brisbane-broncos/story-e6frep5x-1225906533960

I truly believe he never really wanted to go to fumble ball, but the sheer amount of money, plus the pressure put on him by greedy family, player agents and the like, eventually convinced him to swap codes. But unlike Khunt, he has continuously showed this is the game he loves, as this interview shows. Those are words Demetriou and Sheedy won't like reading... [icon_evillaugh

I know it's very early to tell, but I believe we will see Folau back in the NRL and for one, I hope it will indeed be at the Broncos.
If Hodgo is still around, he probably will be close to the end of his career, and Izzy might be the ideal replacement. icon_thumbs_u

And yeah, I've had a few... [icon_drun

If he comes back and it's not with the Broncos, I will be devo.

I reckon he will come back for sure. He will get his big pay day in AFL over the 4 years, and I would say it's unlikely that they will maintain his $1.5M a season after those 4 years, as the best players in AFL are barely on half of that and GWS will be bound by the salary cap by then.

In 4 years;

Gillett will be on huge money, Hoffman will be on very big money, Thaiday will be on huge money, Inglis will be on huge money and Yow Yeh will probably be playing SOO and be on very good money. Unless things turn out way differently I would be surprised if we have room to move with the gluttony of young talent coming through our system.

From the day he signed, I have never had any doubts that he would come back to league. Whether it's with us, who knows, but he'll be back.

he will be back maybe not with us look at all the others who left like Dell Lottie never came back

I think Dell and Lote are a bit different though, they were considerably older than 25 when they came back so I can't blame the broncos for not wanting them.

The Brizz said:
In 4 years;

Gillett will be on huge money, Hoffman will be on very big money, Thaiday will be on huge money, Inglis will be on huge money and Yow Yeh will probably be playing SOO and be on very good money. Unless things turn out way differently I would be surprised if we have room to move with the gluttony of young talent coming through our system.

Inglis won't be at the Broncos after 2 years. I'm certain of that.

He was always coming back.
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't last the 4 years.

Coxy said:
The Brizz said:
In 4 years;

Why are you so sure about that Coxy? I am just interested in the basis of your opinion. Where do you think he will be, back at Melbourne? If he and the missus get married here and start a family and he is enjoying the time here, I can see him staying.

Inglis has clearly stated that after his two years is up he currently hold no other interest in anything but going back to Melbourne. That would be Coxy's reasoning.

lynx000 said:
Coxy said:
The Brizz said:
In 4 years;

Why are you so sure about that Coxy? I am just interested in the basis of your opinion. Where do you think he will be, back at Melbourne? If he and the missus get married here and start a family and he is enjoying the time here, I can see him staying.

My thought is he is clearly a player who wants to make hay while the sun shines and earn as much as he can. He has effectively taken a pay cut to come to the Broncos. Unless the TV deal and subsequent salary cap increases enable the Broncos to upgrade him in 2 years - on top of his 3rd party arrangements he's apparently managed to get - I just can't see him staying.

The Broncos will have to upgrade Thaiday, Hoffman, Gillett, Yow Yeh, Te'o et al in the next 2 years as well, and while Locky wants to play on in 2012 I doubt he'll do it for charity. Ditto Hodges.

So purely financially I can't see Inglis hanging around.

That's all I'm basing it on. Lots of stuff could change between now and then, both in terms of salary cap and TV deals and as you say, his family situation. But even if he stayed in Brisbane he could well become a target for the ARU/Queensland Reds, and if they continue their resurgence and retain Quade Cooper, Inglis might be tempted.

To me Inglis was loyal to the Storm because they developed him into the player he is. He left, somewhat reluctantly, for the good of his relationship. He hasn't sounded like he's over the moon to be at the Broncos, it's just a move of necessity. He may develop a love for our club, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Fair enough, all very valid points. You are right that we may struggle with upgrades to afford him. One thing that might change his desire to return to Melbourne would be if Bellamy decided to move on (just responding to Bannermania).

lynx000 said:
Fair enough, all very valid points. You are right that we may struggle with upgrades to afford him. One thing that might change his desire to return to Melbourne would be if Bellamy decided to move on (just responding to Bannermania).

This is true. But I honestly cannot see Bellamy moving on.

I'm sure I read that he has to give 10% of his earnings to his church? That'll be $600000 by the time his contract finishes. [icon_ee That would have also been pressure on him to take up their offer, and I bet all the church leaders were in his ear telling im to take up the offer.

i honestly dont think he'll see out his 4 years in AFL.

we'll see him back after 3 at the latest IMO.

Anonymous person said:
i honestly dont think he'll see out his 4 years in AFL.

we'll see him back after 3 at the latest IMO.

Why would he come back early though? Regardless of how he performs he still gets $1.5M a season, and even if he doesn't enjoy it I'd reckon he'd stay for the money. Hell, if I was in a job I hated, I'd stay for $1.5M a year.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.