Four Nations Squads

Let me post for you [MENTION=8311]Harry Sack[/MENTION]:

louis-ck.gif

P.S. Note the resemblance... :wink:

Too tall.

In the words of Russell Coight: Footy was this game that was killed, butchered, cooked, roasted and consumed...top stuff.

Just love the hypocrisy of the ARL.?..Fatfeetar not picked because of his support for a childhood friend yet Mal Meninga's brother sat for years in prison for a multitude of serious crimes and Meninga has in the past publicly and privately supported his brother. Personally I don't care if Fatfeeta ever represents and now the hoodoo is gone the Sharks will only get minimal respect from me...

Anyone with a weak stomach should avoid reading this Danny Weidler piece on Fifita.

The tears shed by Andrew Fifita on stage at the Sharks grand final presentation on Thursday night were not surprising. Sections of the media have torn the front-rower to bits for the past six weeks, yet somehow he has risen to play his best football.
He has broken down privately, and that was before his public snub by league's hierarchy, who made him ineligible for Australia's Four Nations squad.

"It's been very hard to watch him go through this time," Fifita's wife, Nikki, said. "Somehow he has put it to the back of his mind and played. I'm so proud of him."
To understand Fifita, you need to speak to the person who knows him best. Half his size and quiet, Nikki is his rock. Nikki has ridden the rollercoaster with him: the form that made him the best prop in the world; the night that his brother David had to stop him jumping out of a window in a Gold Coast high rise; the night he was the best player on the field in a grand final.

Nikki watched with pride as one of the game's most respected players, Luke Lewis, grabbed the Clive Churchill Medal for the best player in the grand final. Fifita's management team told me he had a plan if he won the Clive Churchill – and it wasn't to make some kind of outlandish speech. No, he wanted to give the medal to retiring star Michael Ennis, the man who set up Fifita's try.
It's not popular to like or back Fifita. I asked Nikki about the man she knows and loves. "He is the most loving and compassionate person you could meet," she said.

"He is amazing to me and as a dad. He doesn't play the game for himself. He does it for his kids, his family and his friends. He is the most loyal person ... to his friends. He goes out there and plays for us. What he has done ... I can't believe it."
It's easy to understand Fifita's tears. He had an Australian jumper ripped away.

Now this will be dismissed as a man responding to that emotional situation, but I have been told by those who know Fifita best that he asked for a release from his Sharks contract on Tuesday.
The Sharks have confirmed they had talks with Fifita and his wife. The club's welfare officer has been in close contact with him all week. Fifita has told friends that he doesn't think the club took his request seriously. Fifita's management are angry at his treatment and there is a plan B on the table. The problem is that French rugby is full at this time of year.
I put it to skipper Paul Gallen that Fifita was looking to escape. He had six hours on the drink with Fifita at the Caringbah Hotel. "He didn't mention a word about it," Gallen said.
Fifita was quite subdued at the awards night before he got on stage to accept his player-of-the-yeargong, which he shared with Matt Prior.

Unless there is something the NRL integrity unit is not telling us, it is not easy to understand why he has been denied two of the game's highest honours. He didn't go public with his support for Kieran Loveridge. He didn't wave his armband around or tell us what it meant. It became public because he was warned for consorting with criminals.
Then there was a guessing game to work out what the "F" stood for in the "FKL" acronym that Fifita had written on his armband. I am assured it's "forgive", and it's a reminder to himself to do that because he had struggled to forgive his long-time mate.
As for missing out on the Churchill Medal, it's worth pointing out that the men who made the decision – Mal Meninga, Alan Smith, Bob McCarthy, Bob Fulton, Des Morris and Darren Lockyer – made it at least 10minutes before full-time and well before Fifita scored the winning try.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/andrew-fifita-asked-for-release-from-cronulla-sharks-as-pressure-took-its-toll-20161008-grxzwb.html

Just love the hypocrisy of the ARL.?..Fatfeetar not picked because of his support for a childhood friend yet Mal Meninga's brother sat for years in prison for a multitude of serious crimes and Meninga has in the past publicly and privately supported his brother. Personally I don't care if Fatfeeta ever represents and now the hoodoo is gone the Sharks will only get minimal respect from me...

To be honest, Meninga has only ever supported his brother as a family member. (and you cant blame him because he is a direct family member) He has never condoned what he did and doesn't flaunt it in front of the media and the family. In fact, he has always been asked questions by the media about it and is very uneasy when answering. He even said that if he didn't have his last name, then it would have never been in the media to begin with.

Especially when Meninga publicy wore material advocating the release of his brother, thereby downplaying the seriousness of his crime and his support of making amends for doing the wrong thing.

I agree

I remember back in 2014 Mal was on the news talking about how he was opening his house to him if the board allowed him to live with him and how his family where backing him etc. Mal also wrote to the parole board about releasing him and he revealed how he had supported his brother the entire time he had been in jail.

I don't find it any different to what Fifita was doing. It's not Mal or A.Fifita's fault that their brother and friend respectively are horrible.

I agree

I remember back in 2014 Mal was on the news talking about how he was opening his house to him if the board allowed him to live with him and how his family where backing him etc. Mal also wrote to the parole board about releasing him and he revealed how he had supported his brother the entire time he had been in jail.

I don't find it any different to what Fifita was doing. It's not Mal or A.Fifita's fault that their brother and friend respectively are horrible.

Hold the phone ...

You mean Meninga was actually going to open his house to his own brother ... the nerve of the man.

Last edited:
Hold the phone ...

You mean Meninga actually going to open his house to his own brother ... the nerve of the man.

Not to mention A.Fifita apparently has no control over who he chooses as friends either.

Fatfeetar chose the friend long before the incident or are you suggesting true friends instantly dump a friend when things get tough ? This is about hypocrisy with the coach publicly supporting a scum bag. A scum bag who was sinned way more seriously that the dumb arse from the Sharks. I don't actually give a rats arse ahout either of them but the reason put forward was piss weak and hypocritical.

Fatfeetar chose the friend long before the incident or are you suggesting true friends instantly dump a friend when things get tough ? This is about hypocrisy with the coach publicly supporting a scum bag. A scum bag who has sinned way more seriously that the dumb arse from the Sharks. I don't actually give a rats arse ahout either of them but the reason put forward was piss weak and hypocritical.

Talk about a backflip, Huge! You're all over the place.

Fatfeetar chose the friend long before the incident or are you suggesting true friends instantly dump a friend when things get tough ? This is about hypocrisy with the coach publicly supporting a scum bag. A scum bag who was sinned way more seriously that the dumb arse from the Sharks. I don't actually give a rats arse ahout either of them but the reason put forward was piss weak and hypocritical.

No one cares if he is friends with him, the issue is putting FKL on his wrist. Free Keiren Loveridge, oh sorry, For Keiren Loveridge, oh no now apparently it is Forgive Keiren Loveridge...

Sinned more seriously? They both murdered an innocent person. Sounds about equal to me.

England's squad named. Its decent. No Heighington though?

Active Now

• Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.