Four Nations Squads

Side against New Zealand in Perth

AUSTRALIA: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Greg Inglis 4. Josh Dugan 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matt Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Matt Gillett 13. Trent Merrin. Interchange: 14 David Klemmer, 15 Michael Morgan, 16 Tyson Frizell, 17 Sam Thaiday

Side against New Zealand in Perth

AUSTRALIA: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Greg Inglis 4. Josh Dugan 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matt Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Matt Gillett 13. Trent Merrin. Interchange: 14 David Klemmer, 15 Michael Morgan, 16 Tyson Frizell, 17 Sam Thaiday

Still confused why McGuire was dropped and Oates wasn't pick over Ferguson, but other than that it is a pretty good team.

Actually also bemused how Shannon Boyd can be a starting prop for Australia and how Dugan, who struggles to play for NSW is anywhere near this team.

Boyd is only really in because Woods is out. Woods and Mansour return for the 4 nations.

Boyd is only really in because Woods is out. Woods and Mansour return for the 4 nations.

I had it in my head that the 4 nations started this weekend and this was kicking it off for some reason. I'll give Mal the benefit of the doubt with his selections then.

Holmes has done plenty to retain his spot. I think he should stay.

Boyd can move to the bench for Woods and Klem can watch the game from the couch.

Not quite sure what Morgan is there for. I would prefer Cartright if Mal wants a back rower / utility.

I don't know how Birds elbow is going, but happy for the Bird / Mansour combo to come in for Dugs and his rooftop besty.

Last edited:
I don't even think Roosterman could attempt to justify having Dugan and Ferguson play in the green and gold again.

I don't even think Roosterman could attempt to justify having Dugan and Ferguson play in the green and gold again.

They just couldn't get in, they would shift that way and get taken out of play nearly every time it got to them

On the whole, Mal justified his coaching call up. His intelligent interview after the match should also silence those who pigeon hole him as just a figure head coach who uses a ghost writer. Still iffy on a couple of the selections though.

Merrin also justified his selection. Top shelf performance with his footwork at the line and offloads.

To be fair, he was honest about Dugan throughout the match.

How can duges get picked over chambers in the first place??

Ferguson played well and did a good job. Came up with some strong carries when we were under the pump in the first half that got us out of trouble. Would've scored in the second half as well if Dugan used him.

Ferguson played well and did a good job. Came up with some strong carries when we were under the pump in the first half that got us out of trouble. Would've scored in the second half as well if Dugan used him.

He was solid, that's about it.

He didn't show why he deserved to remain in the side when we have other options that have been better than him this year.

Last edited:
Keep Ferguson at centre, he's more suited to it than the wing, and more qualified than Dugan. Bring in Mansour.

Other than that I wouldn't tinker too much. Morgan didn't have a great game but I think he's got the experience and combinations to hold his place.

Keep Ferguson at centre, he's more suited to it than the wing, and more qualified than Dugan. Bring in Mansour.

Other than that I wouldn't tinker too much. Morgan didn't have a great game but I think he's got the experience and combinations to hold his place.

Ferguson has some significant defensive issues...he has easily been caught out a few times this year one on one and with some poor reads. There is no doubting his attacking ability, however. It will be interesting to see who Mal goes with.

Ferguson has some significant defensive issues...he has easily been caught out a few times this year one on one and with some poor reads. There is no doubting his attacking ability, however. It will be interesting to see who Mal goes with.
This is true.

Our only other option is O'Neill, who appears down in the pecking order. Seems to indicate Mal is leaning towards more offensive ability, hence I would expect Fergo (at least) to be retained.

I wouldn't be opposed to O'Neill getting a shot though. He's more sound defensively, plenty quick and has that Cowboys combination with JT and Morgan.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • simplythebest
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Lostboy
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Griffo
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.