10. Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Taumalolo

14. Brown
15. Taupau
16. Ma'u
17. Blair
Pretty strong team they are putting on the Park.

Imagine being a five-eight from NZ and not getting at least one national cap the last few years.

NZ team for Saturday's game against Australia -

1. Kahu
2. Nightingale
3. Kata
4. Kenny-Dowall
5. Rapana
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Luke
10. Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Taumalolo

14. Brown
15. Taupau
16. Ma'u
17. Blair

That's a pretty gun team, Australia will have a good fight on Saturday.

Talk about a backflip, Huge! You're all over the place.
Not sure what you mean by this. You perhaps never really understood my position about the Sharks. I've always thought Gallen was more than one thing or another just as i do about most other people. Him, Fatfeeta and Shit eating grinner,Graham have always pissed me off but I see good and bad in all people. Naturally there are some who should rot in hell. As for the rest of Cronulla, the blameless, I wish them well. As I told my great Cronulla mate, my sympathy is now at an end as he and many others have had the curse lifted so now they become just like everyone else. The Titans and Warriors haven't suffered enough to warrant sympathy!

Sinned more seriously? They both murdered an innocent person. Sounds about equal to me.
No, the two people being discussed were B Meninga and Fatfeeta. Their sins are not comparable.

No, the two people being discussed were B Meninga and Fatfeeta. Their sins are not comparable.
What? Surely we're comparing Fifita to Mal and Bevan to Loveridge. That's what every other post is doing. The hypocrisy you're referring to is the coach being guilty of the same 'crime' as the bloke who's now been denied a spot in the team, correct?

Also, the reason he's been told not to visit him isn't because he's a murderer. It's because he's a piece of shit gang member.

What? Surely we're comparing Fifita to Mal and Bevan to Loveridge. That's what every other post is doing. The hypocrisy you're referring to is the coach being guilty of the same 'crime' as the bloke who's now been denied a spot in the team, correct?

Also, the reason he's been told not to visit him isn't because he's a murderer. It's because he's a piece of shit gang member.

I'm pretty sure that is what most of us thought but hey, whatever. It doesn't really matter, he's not in the team and no one other than Sharks supporters or players think he should be.

So, let's back to the topic at hand.

Coote, Linnett and a couple of other NRL players / ISC players like McGonnical (Simpsons reference of sorts) have been named in the Scottish side. Which makes me think of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I totally see the confusion but I wasn't comparing the two killers. That's my bad and it's easy to misread my post as it was clumsy. I could have explained it so much better. I'm not defending Fatfeeta in any way, just that I've never liked double standards. I don't care that he isn't in this team although I'd be dirty if he wasn't up for selection next time round with the normal considerations of form and off field behaviour in the preceding year. I don't think punishment should continue ad infinitum.

Yes, I totally see the confusion but I wasn't comparing the two killers. That's my bad and it's easy to misread my post as it was clumsy. I could have explained it so much better. I'm not defending Fatfeeta in any way, just that I've never liked double standards. I don't care that he isn't in this team although I'd be dirty if he wasn't up for selection next time round with the normal considerations of form and off field behaviour in the preceding year. I don't think punishment should continue ad infinitum.

But the double standards are surely the Meninga:Meninga situation vs the Fifita:Loveridge one. How can there be double standards when comparing Bevan to Fifita? What do they possibly have in common in relation to this argument?

But the double standards are surely the Meninga:Meninga situation vs the Fifita:Loveridge one. How can there be double standards when comparing Bevan to Fifita? What do they possibly have in common in relation to this argument?
Yes, that's where the confusion lay. I didn't explain myself well as I said. At the time I wrote my post ,my mind had wandered off the hypocrisy that was the subject and off on to some tangent which now escapes me. My mind was ahead of my one finger typing ! As I wrote, it's my bad. I think I was trying, badly as it turns out, to point out that Fifita's support of his friend was nowhere near as bad as B Meninga's crimes were, why ? I have no clue why to be honest. I was stupid or at the least not thinking clearly. I could even have been on the piss. No matter, I got it wrong.

Yes, that's where the confusion lay. I didn't explain myself well as I said. At the time I wrote my post ,my mind had wandered off the hypocrisy that was the subject and off on to some tangent which now escapes me. My mind was ahead of my one finger typing ! As I wrote, it's my bad. I think I was trying, badly as it turns out, to point out that Fifita's support of his friend was nowhere near as bad as B Meninga's crimes were, why ? I have no clue why to be honest. I was stupid or at the least not thinking clearly. I could even have been on the ****. No matter, I got it wrong.

Meh, we all ramble off on weird tangents that make no sense later. :)

Also back on topic, when is the Australian side announced?

Yes, that's where the confusion lay. I didn't explain myself well as I said. At the time I wrote my post ,my mind had wandered off the hypocrisy that was the subject and off on to some tangent which now escapes me. My mind was ahead of my one finger typing ! As I wrote, it's my bad. I think I was trying, badly as it turns out, to point out that Fifita's support of his friend was nowhere near as bad as B Meninga's crimes were, why ? I have no clue why to be honest. I was stupid or at the least not thinking clearly. I could even have been on the piss. No matter, I got it wrong.

Well now that we've cleared that up, I agree with you- the punishment shouldn't extend past this series. Unless of course he ***** up again, which is likely.

Scotlands squad

Danny Addy (Bradford Bulls), Euan Aitkin (St George Illawarra Dragons), Ryan Brierley (Huddersfield Giants), Sam Brooks (Widnes Vikings), Danny Brough (Huddersfield Giants), Tyler Cassel (Wests Tigers,), Lachlan Coote (North Queensland Cowboys), Luke Douglas (Gold Coast Titans), Dale Ferguson (Bradford Bulls), Ben Hellewell (London Broncos), Liam Hood (Leigh Centurions), Ben Kavanagh (Bradford Bulls), Kane Linnett (North Queensland Cowboys), Ryan Maneely (Halifax), Frankie Mariano (Castleford Tigers), Billy McConnachie (Ipswich Jets), Kieran Moran (Hull KR), Brett Phillips (Workington Town), Callum Phillips (Workington Town), Sheldon Powe-Hobbs (Northern Pride), Matthew Russell (Warrington Wolves), Lewis Tierney (Wigan Warriors), Dave Scott (Batley Bulldogs), Adam Walker (Hull KR).

Well now that we've cleared that up, I agree with you- the punishment shouldn't extend past this series. Unless of course he ***** up again, which is likely.

Considering the fact that he's threatening to quit League, I don't think the duration matters. In his own words, he's one mistake away from being sacked, so he's getting his manager to look elsewhere already. Obviously, trying to do the right thing and keeping himself out of trouble is not Plan A.

Josh Papalli has withdrew and Jake Toribevic has taken his spot.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • whykickamoocow
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • Justwin
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.