FoxLeague

I think it was Monday night - Ben Ikin was trying to stand up for Wayne (That Wayne's press conference had nothing to do with his personal feelings for the media and everything to do with changing the story and firing up his boys). and Kent would not acknowledge what he was saying and brushed him off. I could see Ikin getting quite annoyed and I think he may have gone close to rolling his eyes at him. I haven't got the time for 360 like I have in previous years.

I'm liking Matt Nable as a commentator.

He can get caught up in talking about nonsense but overall he is doing a good job. Adds some excitement factor to the calls.

He can have trouble keeping up, though. But that comes with inexperience. He'll get better with more experience.

On 360 last night they did a comparison between the 92 broncos and the 2017 Storm.......why? I didn't watch the whole thing because I got interrupted but it certainly looked like the 2017 Storm were going to waltz it in. Surely a more recent team would have been better match up.....the 98 Broncos for example. Just a strange segment.

On 360 last night they did a comparison between the 92 broncos and the 2017 Storm.......why? I didn't watch the whole thing because I got interrupted but it certainly looked like the 2017 Storm were going to waltz it in. Surely a more recent team would have been better match up.....the 98 Broncos for example. Just a strange segment.
It's a running segment. Old versus new. Is usually a player from the 80's or thereabouts and a current player then they throw it open to the viewers. The Broncs won this one, by the way.

It's a running segment. Old versus new. Is usually a player from the 80's or thereabouts and a current player then they throw it open to the viewers. The Broncs won this one, by the way.

Then vs now, but yeah.

Fair call and I'm surprised, from the way they were talking at the start it was in the bag for Melbourne. I still think that 98 would have been a better comparison though. Arguably the best Broncos team I've ever seen and only 6yrs "newer" than the one named.

Wouldn't have suited their hate the Broncos agenda.

Wouldn't have suited their hate the Broncos agenda.

Agreed

By naming the 92 team it allowed them to choose Melbourne as the winning team, but the public sorted them out and voted Brisbane :)

Also, you had Alexander make the ridiculous statement that he played against that 92 Brisbane team and beat them, but he doesn't think he could have beaten the 2017 Storm team,therefore Storm is better

WTF?

The '92 Broncos would beat the '17 Storm.

The Broncos biggest strength is the Storm's biggest weakness. I can't see Storm winning a match-up with that side.

The most recent episode of The Greatest (Game 1 1994) showed exactly why we have a video ref.

Do people really want to go back to no video ref and start seeing tries like Chief's be awarded? That play the ball was atrocious.

The most recent episode of The Greatest (Game 1 1994) showed exactly why we have a video ref.

Do people really want to go back to no video ref and start seeing tries like Chief's be awarded? That play the ball was atrocious.
People have shocking memories. Two refs came in because one ref was fucking terrible. Video was used because we saw how many fucking terrible mistakes were made. Reffing has never been as good ASIDE from the bias which is both unconscious and paid for ( in my unsubstantiated opinion)

Still not a fan of the 2 ref system as it is tbh. Despite all their 'training' we still get 2 different interpretations. Hands down my biggest issue with it.

Still not a fan of the 2 ref system as it is tbh. Despite all their 'training' we still get 2 different interpretations. Hands down my biggest issue with it.

That was meant to change this year.

They had changed it so there is one ref that controls the game the entire game and a support ref. But it's still bringing the same problems.

The game was fine with one ref. I don't see why we needed two.

That was meant to change this year.

They had changed it so there is one ref that controls the game the entire game and a support ref. But it's still bringing the same problems.

The game was fine with one ref. I don't see why we needed two.
No, the game most definitely was not fine with one ref, that is why we changed it. You probably thought it was fine when a player brushed the corner posts and had great tries disallowed. We changed up because things were terrible.

Active Now

• mystico
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.