FoxLeague

For the first two or three months of foxleague I think we had one replayed game that we won. I went through the full games that are on YouTube the other day and there's plenty on there which is good

Yeah I've been through most of what Youtube has, in terms of Broncos/QLD/Aus games, and I've got about 20-30 Broncos games on my Foxtel watchlist. I've definitely noticed a bias in terms of wins/loss showing Broncos games on Fox. Still cool to see old games being shown that otherwise would not, NRL is fucking stupid when it comes to the game library being available.

They played all the grand finals from the last 30 years or so, but when it came to 97 only the ARL GF was played

The Broncos beat the Sharks for the 97 Super League title, but it's like it never happened

It's a disgrace

I'm just thinking as I type this........what if Cronulla had won that GF? Would they still have been referred to leading up to the Storm V Sharks GF a couple of years back as not having won a premiership? How pissed would they have been if they were?

They played all the grand finals from the last 30 years or so, but when it came to 97 only the ARL GF was played

The Broncos beat the Sharks for the 97 Super League title, but it's like it never happened

It's a disgrace

I'm just thinking as I type this........what if Cronulla had won that GF? Would they still have been referred to leading up to the Storm V Sharks GF a couple of years back as not having won a premiership? How pissed would they have been if they were?

They cant deny that the real premiers of 97 backed it up in 98 as well

They act like the Broncos were just gifted the premiership, The Sharks were up there with the best sides of the competition at the time and in the combined competition prior to 1997, getting there ahead of sides like the Raiders and Bulldogs is no small achievement.

They act like the Broncos were just gifted the premiership, The Sharks were up there with the best sides of the competition at the time and in the combined competition prior to 1997, getting there ahead of sides like the Raiders and Bulldogs is no small achievement.

Yeah the Sharks were a quality side that year. Beat us a couple of times in 1997 from memory.

The virtual line...unbelievably, that is the one thing that absolutely triggered me everytime I thought about it. I fucking hate that they won't talk about it, they won't fully explain it's absence. I wanted to see the way the refs cheat a team, the unconscious bias some refs have, teams that consistently cheat.

The virtual line...unbelievably, that is the one thing that absolutely triggered me everytime I thought about it. I fucking hate that they won't talk about it, they won't fully explain it's absence. I wanted to see the way the refs cheat a team, the unconscious bias some refs have, teams that consistently cheat.

Agreed. But if they did that - we wouldn't have a competition anymore so you can understand why it was quietly put to bed.

The away team gets back 12 or so metres. The home team gets back 8 or 9. It's just the way it is.

Just to give you an idea, you go back to the Broncos entry into the competition in 1988. Only one ARL side between that year and 1996 won a single premiership and that was the Sea Eagles. You had the Raiders, Panthers, Broncos, Bulldogs all dominating and Cronulla were a side to be reckoned with in the late 80's and mid 90's. The real question you have to ask is would Newcastle have won a premiership with those teams in there, very much doubt it, probably even sturggle to make the 8.

Just to give you an idea, you go back to the Broncos entry into the competition in 1988. Only one ARL side between that year and 1996 won a single premiership and that was the Sea Eagles. You had the Raiders, Panthers, Broncos, Bulldogs all dominating and Cronulla were a side to be reckoned with in the late 80's and mid 90's. The real question you have to ask is would Newcastle have won a premiership with those teams in there, very much doubt it, probably even sturggle to make the 8.
Agree....and NOT BEING A SMARTARSE this time I LOVE the accidental misspelling in your last line ! If it's not a real word it fucking well should be ! Sturggle ! Excellent word and fun to say Now we have to find a good meaning for it.

Agree....and NOT BEING A SMARTARSE this time I LOVE the accidental misspelling in your last line ! If it's not a real word it fucking well should be ! Sturggle ! Excellent word and fun to say Now we have to find a good meaning for it.

To struggle due to incompetence.

“Ben Hunt sturggled with his kicking game all night”.

LOL It's ok mate, you would have to be pretty thin skinned to take offence to it.

LOL It's ok mate, you would have to be pretty thin skinned to take offence to it.
I'v been known to be a smartarse about poor or lazy spelling, not that this was ! I genuinely had a laugh when reading the sentence, my mind thought what an excellent word and I like Morkels take on it.

It surprised me more that the Broncos didn't make the 2017 season the 20th anniversary of the Super League title. You'd have thought they could have played Cronulla at ANZ or at least wore a Super League inspired jersey against Cronulla.

It surprised me more that the Broncos didn't make the 2017 season the 20th anniversary of the Super League title. You'd have thought they could have played Cronulla at ANZ or at least wore a Super League inspired jersey against Cronulla.

Yeah but I doubt anyone else would get the reference to something that apparently didn't exist.

Well the cat pissed on the foxtel box, so there goes 20 odd Broncos games.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.