NEWS From Redfern to Red Hill: Anthony Seibold a natural fit for Brisbane

Thank you. I watched the Head Coach one, just worried with his emphasis on players that maybe he might not be able to tap people on the shoulder.

But a smart sounding cookie.

Last edited:
Thank you. I watched the Head Coach one, just worried with his emphasis on players that maybe he might not be able to tap people on the shoulder.

This is the "full" one

I'm unwilling to dedicate two hours to it, but one day I'll watch it when I'm pretty bored.

Just type in Anthony Seibold in YouTube. It'll come up. You'll recognize the photo.

Yes. watch all of them

This is the "full" one

I'm unwilling to dedicate two hours to it, but one day I'll watch it when I'm pretty bored.

BHQ going all in on the new coach haha

New coach? He hasn't even been appointed yet. Boy won't that be a barrel of monkeys when that happens.

Kyall should be the new coach. Then when the team runs out onto the field and about to kick off, he'll call them back in and make changes.

Well he dies has a squad of 100 players at his disposal

Kyall should be the new coach. Then when the team runs out onto the field and about to kick off, he'll call them back in and make changes.

Good plan. The opposition won't know what to do, and there's no rule against less than 13 being on the park while the players are subbed around.

I actually remember thinking to myself when we were chasing Bellamy and Seibold wasn’t even in the picture that I would be chasing Seibold if we were looking at a long term head coach to replace Wayne. He seemed to me to fit a lot of the criteria we would be after as a club.

I love Wayne and he will probably always be my favourite all time coach for what he has achieved but every good story must have an ending. Much like Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, sometimes you have to put emotion to the side and give the old guard a tap on the shoulder to keep the club advancing and moving forward. It was clear this year that we need a fresh approach and new ideas and I was seeing signs of Wayne showing to much sentiment and loyalty to certain players which ended up being a detriment to our performances.

For the critics saying Seibold is a risk and only had a good year because of the team he took over need to put everything into perspective and also listen to some of the stuff Seibold implemented to get the team to the level they did this year. For a start the majority of pundits and fans in the pre season has Souths finish in the bottom half of the table. They looked tired and predictable and had been worked out to an extent. The Burgess twins careers were also at a crossroads. What he got that team to achieve was no fluke. On Triple M throughout the year Seibold divulged into some of the process of his ways. He identified early on that the Burgess twins whilst they had the same body type, they required different training and work loads to get the best out of them because of their very different injury history. This no doubt had a huge affect especially on George Burgess and their return to form was no fluke. The biggest thing he also identified was he wanted to train particularly for quicker play the balls to create the style his team eventually adopted and kept things simple for his forwards. This led to Damien Cook exploding into stardom and making his rep debut and is now the Australian 9. All of this in his debut season as a head coach. He is definitely no mug!

Once Seibold goes from having Damien Cook speeds to McCullough’s he might have an aneurysm! But I’m excited to see what he has in mind in terms of creating a style and interested to know whether he adopts the South Sydney power game with our young forwards and bring in a fast dummy half and put McCullough on notice or whether he comes up with something new to suit our current crop. Exciting times ahead!

Last edited:
I actually remember thinking to myself when we were chasing Bellamy and Seibold wasn’t even in the picture that I would be chasing Seibold if we were looking at a long term head coach to replace Wayne. He seemed to me to fit a lot of the criteria we would be after as a club.

I love Wayne and he will probably always be my favourite all time coach for what he has achieved but every good story must have an ending. Much like Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, sometimes you have to put emotion to the side and give the old guard a tap on the shoulder to keep the club advancing and moving forward. It was clear this year that we need a fresh approach and new ideas and I was seeing signs of Wayne showing to much sentiment and loyalty to certain players which ended up being a detriment to our performances.

For the critics saying Seibold is a risk and only had a good year because of the team he took over need to put everything into perspective and also listen to some of the stuff Seibold implemented to get the team to the level they did this year. For a start the majority of pundits and fans in the pre season has Souths finish in the bottom half of the table. They looked tired and predictable and had been worked out to an extent. The Burgess twins careers were also at a crossroads. What he got that team to achieve was no fluke. On Triple M throughout the year Seibold divulged into some of the process of his ways. He identified early on that the Burgess twins whilst they had the same body type, they required different training and work loads to get the best out of them because of their very different injury history. This no doubt had a huge affect especially on George Burgess and their return to form was no fluke. The biggest thing he also identified was he wanted to train particularly for quicker play the balls to create the style his team eventually adopted and kept things simple for his forwards. This led to Damien Cook exploding into stardom and making his rep debut and is now the Australian 9. All of this in his debut season as a head coach. He is definitely no mug!

Once Seibold goes from having Damien Cook speeds to McCullough’s he might have an aneurysm! But I’m excited to see what he has in mind in terms of creating a style and interested to know whether he adopts the South Sydney power game with our young forwards and bring in a fast dummy half and put McCullough on notice or whether he comes up with something new to suit our current crop. Exciting times ahead!

Couldn't agree more!

Stand down ghost rider pattern is full.

Today just monthly finance meeting.

Today's meeting isn't going to unveil a coach- it's only a finance meeting.

It is a top gun reference. He is saying no decision on coach today, the board is having a monthly finance meeting.

E5945E89 F3FA 4E1A 9F74 478F7BC2DA99
Today's meeting isn't going to unveil a coach- it's only a finance meeting.

Well it will take all of about ten seconds to discuss their share price...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.