NEWS From Redfern to Red Hill: Anthony Seibold a natural fit for Brisbane

Today's meeting isn't going to unveil a coach- it's only a finance meeting.

Yeah I call bullshit.

The most important decision for our club going forward and they will just be having a standard finance meeting? no.

I actually remember thinking to myself when we were chasing Bellamy and Seibold wasn’t even in the picture that I would be chasing Seibold if we were looking at a long term head coach to replace Wayne. He seemed to me to fit a lot of the criteria we would be after as a club.

I love Wayne and he will probably always be my favourite all time coach for what he has achieved but every good story must have an ending. Much like Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, sometimes you have to put emotion to the side and give the old guard a tap on the shoulder to keep the club advancing and moving forward. It was clear this year that we need a fresh approach and new ideas and I was seeing signs of Wayne showing to much sentiment and loyalty to certain players which ended up being a detriment to our performances.

For the critics saying Seibold is a risk and only had a good year because of the team he took over need to put everything into perspective and also listen to some of the stuff Seibold implemented to get the team to the level they did this year. For a start the majority of pundits and fans in the pre season has Souths finish in the bottom half of the table. They looked tired and predictable and had been worked out to an extent. The Burgess twins careers were also at a crossroads. What he got that team to achieve was no fluke. On Triple M throughout the year Seibold divulged into some of the process of his ways. He identified early on that the Burgess twins whilst they had the same body type, they required different training and work loads to get the best out of them because of their very different injury history. This no doubt had a huge affect especially on George Burgess and their return to form was no fluke. The biggest thing he also identified was he wanted to train particularly for quicker play the balls to create the style his team eventually adopted and kept things simple for his forwards. This led to Damien Cook exploding into stardom and making his rep debut and is now the Australian 9. All of this in his debut season as a head coach. He is definitely no mug!

Once Seibold goes from having Damien Cook speeds to McCullough’s he might have an aneurysm! But I’m excited to see what he has in mind in terms of creating a style and interested to know whether he adopts the South Sydney power game with our young forwards and bring in a fast dummy half and put McCullough on notice or whether he comes up with something new to suit our current crop. Exciting times ahead!
I imagine the first thing he will do is move Nikorima to bench hooker / as competition for Macca. Personally i've always thought it would be interesting if Macca and Nikorima swapped roles a bit. Macca is slow out of dummy half no doubt, but is great defensively, has a good passing game and a good long kicking game. I'm at least a little bit interested to see how he would go at halfback...

Yeah I call bullshit.

The most important decision for our club going forward and they will just be having a standard finance meeting? no.

Well they do have finance meetings every month. I would imagine their financials would be close to being completed and that would be their top priority at the moment. The coaching saga has pretty much already worked itself out.

Broncos announcement:

"We would like to announce that the monthly finances are in order and we would like to wish Bennett all the best in his future endeavours and thank him for his contribution to the club. As for other business, nothing to see here."

Tomorrow's Media:

"Broncs imploding, rejected by Siebold and Bennett stunningly walks out on the club after being poached by Souths and blindsiding a scrambling Broncos."

I imagine the first thing he will do is move Nikorima to bench hooker / as competition for Macca. Personally i've always thought it would be interesting if Macca and Nikorima swapped roles a bit. Macca is slow out of dummy half no doubt, but is great defensively, has a good passing game and a good long kicking game. I'm at least a little bit interested to see how he would go at halfback...

Macca still has that pass though.. the pass that dribbles out of his hand and then continues to dribble on the ground towards the first receiver.

A finance meeting would involve a coach. If the Broncos don't make an announcement today, it's just more proof that the club is being run by Sydney minded people who have no fucking idea.

Macca still has that pass though.. the pass that dribbles out of his hand and then continues to dribble on the ground towards the first receiver.
You have mistaken McCullough with Granville who does this at least once a week

Yeah I call bullshit.

They meet every month, and the subcommittee hasn't finished yet.

You have mistaken McCullough with Granville who does this at least once a week

It usually happens to Macca when he is gassed. Guy needs a break every game.

Brisbane board approve move for Anthony Seibold to be next Broncos coach
0cd83698f7aecf3f972c31640e3cf12d

THE Brisbane board has voted unanimously for Anthony Seibold to spearhead life after Wayne Bennett, paving the way for the Souths coach to ink a multimillion-dollar deal with the Broncos.
The Courier-Mail can reveal Brisbane hierarchy have tonight rubber-stamped Seibold as Bennett’s successor from 2020 after a board meeting at the club’s $27 million headquarters.
The board’s decision to formally back Seibold will see the Rockhampton product named as the Broncos’ next coach, possibly as early as tomorrow.
Broncos chief executive Paul White has been in negotiations with Seibold for the past week and has been given the green light to ramp-up talks to poach the Rabbitohs coach and activate Brisbane’s succession plan for Bennett.
Bennett’s Rabbitohs primed to poach Pangai Jr
Bennett has an aura that few can live up to
d2b382ccc50db756de6a474e8c64e965

Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold is set to sign a multimillion-dollar deal with the Broncos. Picture: Matt King/Getty Images
In the process, the Brisbane board has delivered a crushing blow to club legend Kevin Walters’ hopes of succeeding Bennett at his beloved Broncos.
The two other prospective candidates, Broncos assistant Jason Demetriou and Kiwi coach Michael Maguire, have been ruled out, prompting the latter to sign a three-year deal with the Wests Tigers.
White today fronted the Broncos board to deliver his summation of the search for Bennett’s successor, which began in May when the Brisbane CEO sounded out Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
Bellamy’s decision to stay loyal to Melbourne prompted White to explore the prospect of signing Seibold, who steered South Sydney to the grand-final qualifier last season in his maiden year of NRL coaching.
Now White has got his man.
f72578c571d92dd6d77b9f32e6b274d2

Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has already signed on to coach Souths from 2020. Picture: AAP Image/Dan Peled
The Broncos board heard how Seibold blitzed the interview process, with the 44-year-old former university lecturer rated “a cut above” Walters, Demetriou and Maguire in their respective presentations.
Seibold also performed well in psychometric testing held by an independent company, giving the Broncos board compelling evidence he has the skill-set to break the club’s 13-year premiership drought.
White was in the final stages of talks with Seibold and his management tonight.
Speculation has suggested Seibold could be handed a massive five-year deal but the Broncos will come under pressure to match the four-year extension tabled by the Rabbitohs.
Should Brisbane’s board ratify a four-year deal, Seibold’s contract with the Broncos would be worth in excess of $3 million.
While Seibold has impressed the NRL with his coaching methods this season, the ex-Queensland Origin assistant faces a daunting assignment winning over a number of Broncos legends.
Former Broncos trio Glenn Lazarus, Chris Johns and Kerrod Walters have lashed Seibold in recent days with Johns claiming Seibold’s record did not warrant him succeeding Bennett at Red Hill.
The Broncos board expects Seibold’s tenure at Red Hill to begin in 2020 but it may yet begin earlier if Brisbane and Souths bosses agree to a straight swap with Rabbitohs-bound Bennett.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...h/news-story/01a12d1e1ad93b93cebdbb6097f1750c

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.