NEWS From Redfern to Red Hill: Anthony Seibold a natural fit for Brisbane

Playing devils advocate here, is siebold all he is really cracked up to be? He didnt really light it up at cup level and didnt fire when coaching junior level qld rep sides.
He had a decent season with a good sth sydney team. I actually think he qould be better suited in the front office as an adminsitrator due to his academic background.
Time will tell i guess but im not sold on him.

Cutters is an odd one- two years didn't make finals and they made the final and won the comp either side of his two years.

U18 Qld- hard gig those rep teams and Storm NYC missed finals in his one year.

But he impresses because even though they didn't have great years he was moved on every single time.

Cuttters two year and Storm take him despite missing finals.
Storm NYC one year misses finals and promoted to NRL.
Qld U18 1/3 wins and promoted to Origin.

Hope Seibold makes some bold changes to the team lineup like how Bennett shaped the Broncos team to his liking when he came in from Newcastle. I'd drop Macca and Bird.

Why would you drop Bird? **** him for being injured? We've seen how he can play.

I love Seibold he explains football. I wrote this in June which would have been about 12 weeks into coaching Souths.

Nothing has changed for me, I know all the things he said in his interview and they would have been blown away.

Manly hey ! So there's another link to the hierarchy . When was he at manly 1910 ?

Hope Seibold makes some bold changes to the team lineup like how Bennett shaped the Broncos team to his liking when he came in from Newcastle. I'd drop Macca and Bird.

Might as well drop Gillett too then if your dropping Bird. Add Haas in there as well. Cant just drop players like Bird because they were injured the whole year

If Seibold can get Milf's fitness back to where it probably should be ie Canberra and 2015 form, then i'll be super excited.
With the speed of play the ball that Seibs brought to the big boys of Souths this year, imagine what he will be able to do with the young fellas like Fafita, TPJ, Offa, Lodge & Su'A. Imagine Niko with his speed out of dummy half and the Milf roaming off some nice quick play the balls.

Lets hope I am not living in fantasy land..

If Seibold can get Milf's fitness back to where it probably should be ie Canberra and 2015 form, then i'll be super excited.
With the speed of play the ball that Seibs brought to the big boys of Souths this year, imagine what he will be able to do with the young fellas like Fafita, TPJ, Offa, Lodge & Su'A. Imagine Niko with his speed out of dummy half and the Milf roaming off some nice quick play the balls.

Lets hope I am not living in fantasy land..

All we have to do is get our props to hold the markers out of dummy half like the Burgi do and any dummy half will look good. Cook didn't look so good in the Tests when the markers weren't being held on to

Why would you drop Bird? **** him for being injured? We've seen how he can play.

We got centres covered, he's paid overs, it'll free up some salary room to pursue a genuine half-back that can defend and a new hooker. We don't lose much in the centre position but strengthen our weaknesses - defensive weakness in the halves and slow plays out of dummy half.

Last edited:
We got centres covered, he's paid overs, it'll free up some salary room to pursue a genuine half-back and a faster half-back that can defend. We don't lose much in the centre position but strengthen our weaknesses - defensive weakness in the halves and slow plays out of dummy half.

But we've invested all of that money. It's crazy talk that we don't see if we can get a return. What if he's much better than the guys we have there now? I mean, if any position, this year it's shown that the centre position isn't actually locked in place yet.

We got centres covered, he's paid overs, it'll free up some salary room to pursue a genuine half-back that can defend and a new hooker. We don't lose much in the centre position but strengthen our weaknesses - defensive weakness in the halves and slow plays out of dummy half.

Dropping him doesn't save a dollar

Also, you don't have a clue how good he may (or may not) be for us

The calls to drop/offload a bloke that played a handful of games due to injury is bordering on ridiculous

My one query over Siebold is that does he have it in him to tap players on the shoulder and be ruthless with his calls?

My one query over Siebold is that does he have it in him to tap players on the shoulder and be ruthless with his calls?
He was happy to send Farah to reserves, sure Farah isn't world class anymore, but he's still a very good 9 so it was definitely a big call. He also moved Inglis out of fullback, although I don't know how much of that was his call vs Inglis wanting to go to the centres himself. I don't follow the Rabbits closely enough to know if he made any other big calls during the year though.

Just watched the Seibold interview on YouTube and he comes across as a really impressive bloke who has a plan and a vision and knows what he needs to do to get his team winning and being successful. He's definitely learned alot and been around. I was left very impressed by him and just have a good feeling about him.

Look i am a Wayne man. I fucking love him. But a new slate is not a bad thing at all. A fresh set of eyes that may change shit up and there is a lot that can be fixed despite our upside.

Just watched the Seibold interview on YouTube and he comes across as a really impressive bloke who has a plan and a vision and knows what he needs to do to get his team winning and being successful. He's definitely learned alot and been around. I was left very impressed by him and just have a good feeling about him.

Where did you see that?

Active Now

• Lozza
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.