/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

If Hunt is dropped, that's a bad call.

Hunt didn't train at all in the halves, he's had no preparation there whatsoever so he hasn't had a chance to gel with the team. He's been preparing as a utility and he did a really good job playing that roving role in Game 1 which took pressure off our spine.
Exactly, he's comfortably our best Bench Utility option by some distance. Unless they plan to use Capewell in that role I guess?

Last edited:
If Kerr gets picked b4 carrigan Wayne obviously had a run in with carrigan at the Broncos. He was held back by him at the Broncos too, was ready well before his debut correct wolfie?
If Carrigan isn’t in the team for Game III, Bennett will need Gerard Butler from Olympus Has Fallen as his personal security detail for when @Wolfie finds out.

Its amazing how some fans of teams when they are losing blame the game going to shit for their lack of interest or care factor.

It is natural that when your team goes to shit you care less, otherwise you will become catatonic.

But imo the game is way better now then in 2015.
Ratings would suggest that 10,000s if not 100,000s agree with Dex.

The NRL did well just to get a competition going, but the standard was down across the board.

If Kerr gets picked b4 carrigan Wayne obviously had a run in with carrigan at the Broncos. He was held back by him at the Broncos too, was ready well before his debut correct wolfie?

I think he was ready for a bench spot when Wayne was here, but Bennett does tend to be a little cautious with young forwards iirc.

Its amazing how some fans of teams when they are losing blame the game going to shit for their lack of interest or care factor.

It is natural that when your team goes to shit you care less, otherwise you will become catatonic.

But imo the game is way better now then in 2015.
This season hasn't been great quality, not sure how anyone can say this year has been a great as a spectator compared to previous seasons. 2020 has been amazing in the fact we have had any footy to watch at all, but the quality across the board has been down.

It's also amazing how some fans start lapping up the game and gloss over faults when their team finally gives them reason to be interested...

This season hasn't been great quality, not sure how anyone can say this year has been a great as a spectator compared to previous seasons. 2020 has been amazing in the fact we have had any footy to watch at all, but the quality across the board has been down.

It's also amazing how some fans start lapping up the game and gloss over faults when their team finally gives them reason to be interested...

Or the Broncos just stank and you didn’t enjoy the season.

Teams like Penrith played some awesome footy.

Or the Broncos just stank and you didn’t enjoy the season.

Teams like Penrith played some awesome footy.
Every season teams play awesome footy, Penrith are not unique in that regard.

Its no secret the Broncos were awful to watch but like every season, i watch 99% of all games so every year there is a team(s) that are tough to watch, that is nothing new.

This season had teams flat out fielding 17 fit NRL standard players by the end and the instant addition of new rules as well as a forced season break where clubs came back at different fitness levels made for a substandard season on average for game quality.

I'm really not sure how you would argue otherwise in compare to previous seasons regardless of how well the Panthers/Storm/Roosters/Raiders played in some games.

I still actually think we are in with a very good chance. NSW are getting so full of themselves again, we will have a couple of players back and we will have a point to prove.

Also, as much as i like Haas in a Broncos shirt, when he dresses in blue he's a bit of a **** and needs to be smashed by our forwards. All this nonsense about Tino riding on his coattails is a bit delusional. Tino has just been part of a premiership winning side. Payne has just been part of a wooden spoon winning side. I dont think Tino needs to ride on anyone's coattails.

That just seems like a much more balanced backline. Coates was cooked aside from that highlight reel put down, the other aspects to his game are not developed enough.
Drop Hunt and Sami not State of origin standard I believe . Edric Lee to the wing

Last edited:
I still actually think we are in with a very good chance. NSW are getting so full of themselves again, we will have a couple of players back and we will have a point to prove.

Also, as much as i like Haas in a Broncos shirt, when he dresses in blue he's a bit of a **** and needs to be smashed by our forwards. All this nonsense about Tino riding on his coattails is a bit delusional. Tino has just been part of a premiership winning side. Payne has just been part of a wooden spoon winning side. I dont think Tino needs to ride on anyone's coattails.
The premiership and wooden spoon are a tad irrelevant. Swap their jerseys and the results don't change. Haas was playing 80 minutes ina shocking side with not much support this year (shouldn't have been playing 80), whereas tino was coming off the bench with Cameron Smith feeding him the ball with finucane, Bromwich, Welch, b Smith and NAS in support lol. The question you should ask is if they were in the same side, who would be more likely to get player of the year. Haas hands down. Let's not forget that last year, with just a little bit more support from his teammates, he was very close to the dally m winner (granted the award is a bit of a joke but still nothing to scoff at).
Tino will be a good player, but I really don't get the hype with him. If Haas wasn't his size he'd still be a good player with a high work rate and some footwork at the line. If tino wasn't the size he is I doubt he would be a regular first grader (hypothetical I know!).
I think when people say he's riding off Haas' coat tails they are meaning he is just like Haas, but just not as good. He has a good engine, but he's not at Haas freak-like levels. He's had some good footwork at the line, but not quite as good as Haas. He draws in defenders, but not as consisntently as Haas. He stays on his feet most tackles, but gets put down more then Haas. I think Haas could use tinos aggression at times and he could straighten up more sometimes, but outside of that I don't see any areas that tino is an improvement in. Give Haas tinos minutes and his lazy defence gets fixed, he's still the guy chasing the run away tries in the 79th minute or making a try saving tackle anyway though...
Maybe he will prove me wrong, I'm not a fortune teller like some others claim to be. But I just don't see his career reaching the heights of Haas', pending injuries and teams they play in (quality around them) dramatically shifting against Haas.

Munster is key........losing him so early cost us the game in G2.

he's the closest thing we have to a game changer / winner.......a JT.....a Locky.......

Tino will be a good player, but I really don't get the hype with him.
me either........I would have yanked him out of the first half during G1. G2...mehhhh

I hope we're not all settling for that.......the bar has to be set higher than Tino.

Drop Hunt and Sami not State of origin standard I believe . Edric Lee to the wing

We have two elite, gold glass wingers in gagai and Holmes. Let’s use them there.

The premiership and wooden spoon are a tad irrelevant. Swap their jerseys and the results don't change. Haas was playing 80 minutes ina shocking side with not much support this year (shouldn't have been playing 80), whereas tino was coming off the bench with Cameron Smith feeding him the ball with finucane, Bromwich, Welch, b Smith and NAS in support lol. The question you should ask is if they were in the same side, who would be more likely to get player of the year. Haas hands down. Let's not forget that last year, with just a little bit more support from his teammates, he was very close to the dally m winner (granted the award is a bit of a joke but still nothing to scoff at).
Tino will be a good player, but I really don't get the hype with him. If Haas wasn't his size he'd still be a good player with a high work rate and some footwork at the line. If tino wasn't the size he is I doubt he would be a regular first grader (hypothetical I know!).
I think when people say he's riding off Haas' coat tails they are meaning he is just like Haas, but just not as good. He has a good engine, but he's not at Haas freak-like levels. He's had some good footwork at the line, but not quite as good as Haas. He draws in defenders, but not as consisntently as Haas. He stays on his feet most tackles, but gets put down more then Haas. I think Haas could use tinos aggression at times and he could straighten up more sometimes, but outside of that I don't see any areas that tino is an improvement in. Give Haas tinos minutes and his lazy defence gets fixed, he's still the guy chasing the run away tries in the 79th minute or making a try saving tackle anyway though...
Maybe he will prove me wrong, I'm not a fortune teller like some others claim to be. But I just don't see his career reaching the heights of Haas', pending injuries and teams they play in (quality around them) dramatically shifting against Haas.

I think Tino has a heap of improvement in him tbh. He isnt really a front rower so its hard to compare him to Haas, he's a back rower imo. Its where he always looked the most destructive whenever i saw him coming through. Like you said, i think Payne needs to get some physicality into his game. As good as he is, he is pretty soft for a bloke his size, but hopefully it will come as he matures. I honestly think he will match Payne in terms of his career. If they play him back row at the Titans, they potentially have the best two back rowers in the game.

I just wont get behind Haas in that blue shirt though. I'll be happy if we bash the shit out of the bloke in game 3. Filthy cockroach 😂

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.