Game II Queensland Origin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
But with the low tackling technique, they will get close to the line a lot less :)

Tackling low doesn't work these days. The players are much bigger and it is not rewarded because of the 10m and referees wanting quick play the balls. If they allowed players to hold the legs for longer it would be right but then you would have one bloke laying on the ground making holes in the defensive line and room around the marker.

Be expecting JT, Slater, Hess and Wallace in the side.

Wallace would likely be an automatic in considering he was 18th man.

Walters hinting at picking all of them.

I remember when Mason destroyed us in Game 1 2006. We smashed him in game 2.

We need to treat Fifita like we did Paul Gallen. Go at the forward leader psychologically. It may sound silly but the bloke is a nutcase at times. See if he really has changed his ways.

Or Tedesco, Hayne or Maloney

Who were doing very little when Fifita wasn't there to get NSW on the front foot.

When Fifita was off for a HIA, QLD were getting over the top of NSW. If Thurston was playing, we very likely take the lead. Then Fifita comes back on and swings momentum back NSW's way.

NSW's forward pack got a roll on from the momentum Fifita created with his runs and as a result, the backs were able to shine. Our defensive line wasn't able to set properly, it resulted in us making more tackles, especially desperate tackles which always zap more energy and that created more holes for NSW to exploit.

It was probably one of the greatest forward performances I've ever seen in the Origin arena.

I'm 99% sure that for the last 5+ years Thaiday has been getting picked in rep sides because he's a funny guy and good to have around.

So true. He is likeable and that goes a long way in many facets of life, including this Origin team.

Be expecting JT, Slater, Hess and Wallace in the side.

Wallace would likely be an automatic in considering he was 18th man.

Walters hinting at picking all of them.

Does that mean O'Neil is done?

Any truth to the rumours mentioning GI's return this weekend?
Would solve our centres issue. Chambers to the right, where he belongs, with Gagai outside him, Inglis left with Boyd (Oates) outside him and Slater (Boyd) at the back.

Any truth to the rumours mentioning GI's return this weekend?
Would solve our centres issue. Chambers to the right, where he belongs, with Gagai outside him, Inglis left with Boyd (Oates) outside him and Slater (Boyd) at the back.

He's out for the season, he's just returning to Souths training after his stay in mental rehabilitation.

This is part of the reason why there are so many head clashes .Leading to lots of HIA`s. And all the mothers watching cringing at the thought of little Johny banging his head ,will turn more and more youngsters to other sports . Mum`s have a big say in what sport little Johny plays .
Every player wants to block tackle . Low tackling is a lost art .
2 block tacklers and then the low clean up man . The 3rd man low was late or ineffective too many times on Wednesday night .
That`s a measure of desire .

Dirty play and taking out the opposition is not acceptable in this era . Surprised Mc guire wasn`t charged for his swinging arm on Fafita . Late , intentional , dirty .

Yeah the intentional take out was obviously a joke. Good point on the mums. Need to start rewarding good low tackles with a dominant call and let them lie in the tackle more.

Yeah the intentional take out was obviously a joke. Good point on the mums. Need to start rewarding good low tackles with a dominant call and let them lie in the tackle more.

I played in the era of 5 metres . So I don`t know what its like if the runner has a few more metres run up before they meet the defense .
Anyone remember Thaiday vs JWH a cpl of seasons back ? Sammy went into Trevor Gillmeister mode and got it all over JWH . Hit him low and lift and drive .

Cam Smith has a rumoured cracked sternum, I wonder who would get a run in his place.

Cam Smith has a rumoured cracked sternum, I wonder who would get a run in his place.

Must have picked it up just recently because Addo-Carr said today he is fit and ready to go against Sharks.

Might be a blessing in disguise . Smith has lost a step the last cpl of seasons . Jake Friend or Macca in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.