OFFICIAL Game III Queensland Side

Exactly this. Hunt just has to come on and provide energy from dummy half.

I do feel for Milf. Cause he would most likely have been picked if fit and probably cemented his place in the 17 going forward. Now when next series rolls around we have the same situation of tossing around 4-5 different combos in the halves/utility roll.
Milf will be there next season, unless he really shits the bed.

The only question is... who will partner him?

you really think a bench utility that will likely have little game time will cost QLD the series? if so, you must have a poor opinion of the rest of the QLD side

No

I think not naming DCE is the problem not the effect Hunt may or may not have from the bench.
Not naming DCE means putting Morgan or Munster at 6 which is my problem.
Morgan as good as he can be on his day is not in the same class as DCE and would be playing on the wrong side.
Munster, who I reckon will be a star one day, does not have the experience to be thrown into the cauldron of a decider against a very strong NSW team.
I would have DCE at 6 and leave Morgs on the bench coz I reckon he's a dynamite utility. Munster at left centre to take Boyd's spot.

Like I said though. I hope I'm wrong and we sink the boot into NSW.

No

I think not naming DCE is the problem not the effect Hunt may or may not have from the bench.
Morgan as good as he can be on his day is not in the same class as DCE and would be playing on the wrong side.
Munster, who I reckon will be a star one day, does not have the experience to be thrown into the cauldron of a decider against a very strong NSW team.
I would have DCE at 6 and leave Morgs on the bench coz I reckon he's a dynamite utility. Munster at left centre to take Boyd's spot.

How would Morgan be playing on the wrong side? He is a 6 at club level, and he would be a 6 at Origin level..

Hopefully it brings the best out of Ben and we can reap the rewards of it this season.

The selectors have lost the plot. Hunt? Deadset.

I'll tip NSW. Should be an easy win for them.

Milf will be there next season, unless he really shits the bed.

The only question is... who will partner him?
I hope so.

It's a tough one. But I think the selections this year probably give us some insight into their plans going forward. Their first choice replacement half was milf. Now he's out with injury and they have opted for Munster.

But would a halves pairing of Munster and Milf work?

Morgan seems to be too valuable in his utility ( looks like he will be picked in the centres for game 3). You could pick him in any back line position and he would do a job.

Hunt at rep level has 14 written all over him. But less versatile as Morgan.

DCE is a flog.

Norman plays one good game then goes missing for 3 but just reminds everyone of that one good game he had.

For me its milf and Munster. One or both are going to need to improve on their game management. There will be high expectations on them to carry on QLDs dominance. They are both very young and to expect them to come in at a Thurston / cronk level would be grossly unfair. But these are the two I would hand over the torch to.

Hopefully it brings the best out of Ben and we can reap the rewards of it this season.
Yeah this. I'm hoping it really gives Hunt some confidence, he has some good impact off the bench and can come back with renewed confidence and good form to finish out the season for us. Whether that be on the bench, or at 7.

No

DCE would be playing on the wrong side as well, and isn't very good at playing second fiddle

Despite his youth and inexperience, Munster is accustomed to the Storm spine and I can't recall seeing a bad game from him in FG. He'll be fine in the cauldron, with a raucous crowd behind the maroons.

And Hunt didn't?

If he were playing halfback, maybe. But he isn't, and Hunt hasn't played for QLD and shit the bed multiple times. DCE has.

Hunt was quite good in his games for Australia in the role he will be playing on Wednesday.

I'm not sure why the selectors would take his form at halfback into account when he won't even be playing in the halves.

Surely Munster is the long term FB when Boyd and Slater give it up? DCE should be the HB next year on form, but Croft, Taylor, Norman, or someone else may come along with a strong claim.

I hope so.

It's a tough one. But I think the selections this year probably give us some insight into their plans going forward. Their first choice replacement half was milf. Now he's out with injury and they have opted for Munster.

Morgan seems to be too valuable in his utility ( looks like he will be picked in the centres for game 3). You could pick him in any back line position and he would do a job.

Hunt at rep level has 14 written all over him. But less versatile as Morgan.

DCE is a flog.

Norman plays one good game then goes missing for 3 but just reminds everyone of that one good game he had.

For me its milf and Munster. One or both are going to need to improve on their game management. There will be high expectations on them to carry on QLDs dominance. They are both very young and to expect them to come in at a Thurston / cronk level would be grossly unfair. But these are the two I would hand over the torch to.
I think it will be one of Munster or Milf, not them together. DCE might come into consideration next season with Cronk and Thurston gone, as he could pair Milf well if he maintains form... otherwise we may have to look at Taylor, or some other left field option.

If we were going to completely blacklist a player after a couple of poor performances, Hodges should have been blacklisted too. DCE is absolutely killing it at the moment, if he keeps it up, he must be there next year.

If we're going to turn this into a utility v utility battle, then it's worth noting that whenever Daly Cherry Evans was assigned in that role and didn't have to cover in the halves he always performed for Queensland. Games II & III 2013, Game III 2014, he was a threat out there and provided the Maroons with another dimension.

It's a poor selection by the Maroons and Ben Hunt is lucky to still be playing first grade football at the Broncos. If the Maroons go onto lose, it won't be because of him, but gee something stinks about this.

Hunt was great for Australia off the bench. He was a turning point whenever he came on and his impact off the bench almost won us the Four Nations.

The role Hunt would have is one where he would thrive. He isn't there to control anything, isn't there to do any of the kicking or game management, he is just there to provide a bit of spark off the bench which is something he can do well despite his form against the Storm.

DCE killed his chances with a run of bad performances so now they are moving on to the next guy, who would have been Milford if he wasn't injured.

That was 2015 hunt playing for Australia

Munster may well be the 5/8 and Morgan the centre.

I know Hunt doesn't deserve the call-up given his form, but this means we won't have Boyd either, and Ben is a better utility choice than DCE.

Regardless, the writing is on the wall for the little bitch from Brookvale, and no matter how much the Qld camp denies it publicly, almost no one in the group wants him there.
How is hunt a better utility than dce. How do they get injected in the game. If a back is injured neither would play anywhere but half meaning morgan/munster needs to shuffle out. By choosing morgan/ munster to start the selectors really needed a rethink on what type of utility they need. I think the selectors have been caught out this series..really been a lot of odd calls. As utilities munster and morgan both shit over hunt and dce because they pretty much can play as outside backs or spine. And as halves dce has it over all of them currently. Qld might still win but i think their selection approach stinks.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.