OFFICIAL Game III Queensland Side

In regards to future halves pairings there may be a thought that Hunt can fill a hole in the 7. Our most talented halves at the moment are 6's with minimal ability in kicking and game management.

Hunt with Milf has several years experience and was once touted as the future origin halves pairing.

Hunt with DCE would have Hunt perform the Blake Green role and allow DCE to focus on injecting when he wants to.

Hunt with Morgan or Munster wouldn't work for mine. Morgan is also going to be under consideration with JT out and him having to take on the role of organiser and playmaker.

It will come down to form next year Hunt in a new system could tear it up, Morgan being chief playmaker at cows could tear it up or Milf as Broncs chief playmaker could tear it up.

For me Munster looks to be our new GI in regards to being a highly skilled outside back. GI also played 6 at the storm, winning a Clive Churchill and having a limited kicking game, but was he ever really considered to be a 6?? We won't have Cooper forever and I for one see Munster as the future fullback

The only problem he has is a very short sprint, about 40 mtrs, before he starts sucking the moths off the lights.

Might be Ponga if he aligns himself with Queensland.
I think he already has hasn't he??

For Holmes to be the origin fullback he'd have to improve his ball playing immensely. FWIW I think the selectors have him earmarked as a long term winger. His speed, finishing ability and kick returns are immense... but he needs to fix his handling (he often drops it for sharks as well) and work rate from dummy half

The only problem he has is a very short sprint, about 40 mtrs, before he starts sucking the moths off the lights.
Munster or Hunt??

Munster has finished off many a long range try and has a huge motor.

DCE was going great then, as well. But then he made the step up to Origin level and he shit the bed.

He didn't exactly shit the bed at Origin level. When he was on the bench he did his job. When he was called in for Cronk he was injured and screwed up by playing when he shouldn't have. Yes he was poor and he made a bad call that didn't endear him to the team or fans so his enthusiasm to play blinded his judgement.

If form from two years ago is so important then why hasn't Hunts current form compared to his white hot year in 2015 also been taken into account?

You seem to think I am a big fan of DCE but I'm not. I do think that some of the crap about what's happened in the past has taken on too much importance to some and has blinded who is clearly the superior player NOW. Not two years ago. We already won Origin in 2015. I wanna win it in 2017 and I just don't think Hunt off the bench is a good call.

It's less to do with Hunt for me and more to do with I think Morgs is a dynamite utility off the bench and can be a game winner.

To keep Morgs on the bench means someone else has to be 5/8. Of the choices we have there I think DCE is currently the best choice. I'm all for Munster and Morgan in the team but I think the better balance is Morgan on the bench ready for whatever role becomes necessary while a top deck half can work with Cronk.

It's not performances, but character that keeps DCE out of contention. People keep underestimating how important that is.

And that could be exactly it.

I don't like the gossip side of Rugby League that much, but if we're basing this on pure on-field talent, DCE was the better pick hands down.

I don't buy this character thing. So what if he talks differently. This is State of Origin, not boyscouts. They could well be thinking that way, but it used to be about winning, not having a friendly sleepover group.

And who cares about the Titans? No one here did before, is it because of God Emperor Taylor?

And that could be exactly it.

I don't like the gossip side of Rugby League that much, but if we're basing this on pure on-field talent, DCE was the better pick hands down.

Pretty much has to be. There's no other explanation that holds any water regardless of the awkward denials from everyone involved.
Watching Kevvie trying to explain it today was nearly as painful as watching him try to explain why Slater wasn't in Origin I

If the players cannot rely on you to do the job, then that's it, particularly when the series is on the line. I'm sure all the senior players were quizzed (just like they were with Gagai) and they voted Hunt which really speaks volumes.

I'm not really into gossip, but there were stories going around that Cherry-Evans wasn't well liked by his Manly team mates and we all saw how they went in the back half of 2014 right up until last season.

Well let's hope Hunt Morgan and Munster do the trick and we won't care anyway...

If the players cannot rely on you to do the job, then that's it, particularly when the series is on the line. I'm sure all the senior players were quizzed (just like they were with Gagai) and they voted Hunt which really speaks volumes.

I'm not really into gossip, but there were stories going around that Cherry-Evans wasn't well liked by his Manly team mates and we all saw how they went in the back half of 2014 right up until last season.
This is why I figure he isn't been seleceted. Not so much how he presents himself in a media setting or what he has or hasn't done to the Titans but just how he fits into the current QLD team. When Kev says his Origin career is still alive, he likely means when some of the senior, more controlling players move on there may be a place for him.

In regards to future halves pairings there may be a thought that Hunt can fill a hole in the 7. Our most talented halves at the moment are 6's with minimal ability in kicking and game management.

Hunt with Milf has several years experience and was once touted as the future origin halves pairing.

Hunt with DCE would have Hunt perform the Blake Green role and allow DCE to focus on injecting when he wants to.

Hunt with Morgan or Munster wouldn't work for mine. Morgan is also going to be under consideration with JT out and him having to take on the role of organiser and playmaker.

It will come down to form next year Hunt in a new system could tear it up, Morgan being chief playmaker at cows could tear it up or Milf as Broncs chief playmaker could tear it up.

For me Munster looks to be our new GI in regards to being a highly skilled outside back. GI also played 6 at the storm, winning a Clive Churchill and having a limited kicking game, but was he ever really considered to be a 6?? We won't have Cooper forever and I for one see Munster as the future fullback

Hunt and Milford were touted as the next langer Walters combo. What a tragedy 2015 gf was. Absolutely destroyed hunt.

That's true Pete but it was the Stewart G and Watamong and a couple of others getting moved on to accommodate the big offer to DCE which caused the rift. G Stewart was particularly popular within the group and the Stewart boys seem to be world class haters.
DCE doesn't seem to have any worries now that the ol boys club has moved on. Manly also look like they made the right call to build a team around him.

I'm totally fine with Morgan playing 6. His form has been good for the cows and he is a mainstay in the Qld side which makes it a simple decision. No way they pick a whole new combination for an all or nothing decider.

I would also say that he has no confidence issues and will be heavily involved in comparison to say Milfs role in game one. I think he'll play fairly direct which will hopefully help our overall game. The only concern is maybe a little lack in creativity. But I'd say that's what Hunt (fingers crossed) will offer in a concentrated burst.

The Hunt pick is interesting. All I'll say is that when I compare Hunt and and DCE purely on the no. 14 role than I kinda like Hunt. Covering Hooker could be massive if there's an injury. And neither offer too much in the back line so that's a negligible difference. It's still a brave call that will hopefully pay off.

Hunt can play hooker or most backline positions if needed . DCE in the halves only .

Hunt certainly has the potential to do the job. And having playmakers like Smith and Cronk will take a lot of pressure off him to concentrate on his running game.

It all could work out for the best , but still feel sorry for DCE. A big disappointment for him .

I think it must have come down to DCE either being picked as the starting 5/8 or not being picked at all.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.