OFFICIAL Game III Queensland Side

This. There are already enough shot callers on the field, all he has to do is support. I'd guarantee Walters, Smith, cronk and slater are already in his ear about what they need him to do.

and thats the thing isn't it... with Smith and Cronk in the side he doesn't need to try and manage the game or do the majority of the kicking. all he needs to do is what he does best ... come on and run the footy, bit of spark against tired forwards.

I see sense in the selection. With tired forwards at he back end of each half, Hunt could run-a-muck with his vision and speed off the mark. I still think the better selection would have been DCE at 5/8, but I certainly don't think the Hunt selection is as terrible as a lot of people are making out.

and thats the thing isn't it... with Smith and Cronk in the side he doesn't need to try and manage the game or do the majority of the kicking. all he needs to do is what he does best ... come on and run the footy, bit of spark against tired forwards.

Which of course has me thinking, how would Hunt have gone in Munster's place against us on Friday? Rattled and hole-riddled defensive line, tired forwards due to losing a big-minute forward inside the first 10 minutes, as well as all the errors putting us on the back-foot. Hunt would have fucking owned.

Which of course has me thinking, how would Hunt have gone in Munster's place against us on Friday? Rattled and hole-riddled defensive line, tired forwards due to losing a big-minute forward inside the first 10 minutes, as well as all the errors putting us on the back-foot. Hunt would have fucking owned.

So would any number of plodders.

The important news for QLD is Smith looks sharp as. If Smith turns up at his best, QLD will carve NSW up and Hunt won't have the burden of establishing confidence, he can play off it. I'll be happy if Hunt doesn't kick once, unless he's right at the damn line. I agree with all saying Smith, Cronk, Slater have faith in Ben, or I don't think he would be there. Being a member of a winning origin game/series will do his confidence some good.

A lot of people say our attack, especially our halves attack, went downhill because of Walters leaving the club..

Well Hunt is going to be working with Walters again..

It's a team sport after all. Conversely, put Munster in the Broncos side on Friday night and see how well he's able to play. We all put too much emphasis on individual performances, positive or negative.

I normally steer well wide of gossip, but the rumours are insistent about DCE being little chance of returning to the Qld camp any time soon, at least until all senior players are retired.

The fact that pretty much anyone who knows a minimum about RL, understands he's by far a much better choice than Hunt based on their on-field production, but still isn't picked, indicates how lowly he is looked upon by the Qld hierarchy and senior players, whom they believe they cannot rely upon...

Couldn't agree more. I also think Walters has done well to convince everyone this is a Hunt vs DCE debate, by saying DCE was only considered for a starting role, but then go on to talking about Hunt offering more off the bench. I actually agree that Hunt might offer more off the bench than DCE (assuming none of the halves get injured), but then I think the argument is why couldn't have DCE been in the starting team? It comes down to DCE vs Munster to me. Put DCE at 5/8, Morgan in the centres and have Hunt on the bench if Hunt is such an awesome bench option. Surely DCE is in better form than Munster?

I know that no-one is going to, but I really wish they'd just come out and be honest about they they haven't selected DCE. Lockyer says DCE needs to force the selectors hand by having a MOTM performance on the weekend, he does (his second week in a row), and he still doesn't get selected. It just reeks of BS to me.

Couldn't agree more. I also think Walters has done well to convince everyone this is a Hunt vs DCE debate, by saying DCE was only considered for a starting role, but then go on to talking about Hunt offering more off the bench. I actually agree that Hunt might offer more off the bench than DCE (assuming none of the halves get injured), but then I think the argument is why couldn't have DCE been in the starting team? It comes down to DCE vs Munster to me. Put DCE at 5/8, Morgan in the centres and have Hunt on the bench if Hunt is such an awesome bench option. Surely DCE is in better form than Munster?

I know that no-one is going to, but I really wish they'd just come out and be honest about they they haven't selected DCE. Lockyer says DCE needs to force the selectors hand by having a MOTM performance on the weekend, he does (his second week in a row), and he still doesn't get selected. It just reeks of BS to me.

It's BS alright but IF the reason is he is regarded as a bit of a knob by the current leadership group then it should be kept indoors and played down IMO.
That sort of thing may be between certain players who happen to be the big swinging dicks in the QLD side ATM so why crucify the guy publicly. It could do a lot of damage to him and family etc if it's discussed openly.

I think Munster is going to play centre. And Morgan deserves a crack at the 5/8 role before DCE. He has paid his dues.

Fair point Morkel but for mine a rep jersey should be earned by being a better player than the next bloke. Hunt has a big enough record now of stinking up the stadium that he should not have been picked. This is a gamble, nothing more.
Hopefully for Qlds sake he kills it in a better side and hopefully for the Broncs he can parlay that confidence into a great end of season tilt at the premiership.

It's BS alright but IF the reason is he is regarded as a bit of a knob by the current leadership group then it should be kept indoors and played down IMO.
That sort of thing may be between certain players who happen to be the big swinging dicks in the QLD side ATM so why crucify the guy publicly. It could do a lot of damage to him and family etc if it's discussed openly.
More than he has already done himself?

I don't think it's BS though. If the players feel that way about him, there's no trust and camaraderie from either side, and that could very well be the difference between a win and a loss. Like @Morkel said:

Who do you want out there beside you in the 80th minute, the pea-heart who'll take a dive while the opposition winger strolls over, or the tough bugger that hobbles on one leg and throws the fucker to the ground.

P.S. No one will openly admit it anyway... so it will remain in the rumours world outside of those in the know.

Imagine if hunt scores a match winning try and suddenly those demons are gone. Nek minnit it's 2015 hunt again baby!

Not sure how he has damaged himself @Porthoz. He isn't the one publicly debating his personal differences.

Not sure how he has damaged himself @Porthoz. He isn't the one publicly debating his personal differences.
Has nothing to do with his personal differences. DCE only has himself to blame for how he's regarded by most in the RL world.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.