OFFICIAL Game III Queensland Side

Seems a lot of agreement Hunts best position is off the field, only question is for how much of the game? He is a better 14 than 7 and 2015 Hunt looked born for origin but he has had one sort of good game for 18 months. Very strange selection if injury to halves do you want him covering for Cronk? Better hooker maybe if Smith still injured but if that is the worry pick a hooker. As for Hunt covering the backline he would be a turnstile out wide, Morgan would move. DCE is a worry too and agree has shat the bed in origin before but based on recent form the DCE must have f**ked all the selectors mums or sisters for that decision.

Last edited:
All I know is that Origin is built on guts, determination, and never giving up.

Form, talent, who has more vertebrae than the next, **** it. One thing Ben Hunt does better than just about anyone is throw his heart in to it, so I'm going to be cheering the inconsistent little bugger on hoping the free reign has him firing. Who do you want out there beside you in the 80th minute, the pea-heart who'll take a dive while the opposition winger strolls over, or the tough bugger that hobbles on one leg and throws the fucker to the ground.

Ben Hunt to have a ripper and Qld to have a genuine crack.

g02tkh2h573a1fa9e22a1126061752.gif

Form, talent, who has more vertebrae than the next, **** it. One thing Ben Hunt does better than just about anyone is throw his heart in to it, so I'm going to be cheering the inconsistent little bugger on hoping the free reign has him firing. Who do you want out there beside you in the 80th minute, the pea-heart who'll take a dive while the opposition winger strolls over, or the tough bugger that hobbles on one leg and throws the fucker to the ground.

Appreciate the sentiment but is before of after Hunt tries so hard he throws the game away? I strongly dislike DCE and think he might be a flat track bully but Hunt isn't even first grade standard. If heart is the only selection criteria then you could pick half the blokes in QCup before either of them. Hope I'm wrong and it ignites him to take us to premiership but seriously...

FMD What a post. Awesome bro. Fully agree 100 percent with that post

Appreciate the sentiment but is before of after Hunt tries so hard he throws the game away? I strongly dislike DCE and think he might be a flat track bully but Hunt isn't even first grade standard. If heart is the only selection criteria then you could pick half the blokes in QCup before either of them. Hope I'm wrong and it ignites him to take us to premiership but seriously...

If heart is the only selection then Jeff Horn must be captain

She got some swag right there.

Seems a lot of agreement Hunts best position is off the field, only question is for how much of the game? He is a better 14 than 7 and 2015 Hunt looked born for origin but he has had one sort of good game for 18 months. Very strange selection if injury to halves do you want him covering for Cronk? Better hooker maybe if Smith still injured but if that is the worry pick a hooker. As for Hunt covering the backline he would be a turnstile out wide, Morgan would move. DCE is a worry too and agree has shat the bed in origin before but based on recent form the DCE must have f**ked all the selectors mums or sisters for that decision.

Sam Thaiday had a good game in round 6 2015 and got 7 more origins on my count. I wouldn't begrudge hunt a debut when others have been on cruise control for a few years.

Kev must know he can get some footy out of him as he did in 15.

Not picking DCE has got to Be the biggest gee up going! An in form half, who we are in need of, and doesn't get selected instead for an incredibly out of form half for a bench role. Kevvy and the other two have certainly thrown up some questionable selections this series.

I still really hope we win of course and being at home will help this big time but it's going to be tougher than ought to be.

And that could be exactly it.

I don't like the gossip side of Rugby League that much, but if we're basing this on pure on-field talent, DCE was the better pick hands down.
I normally steer well wide of gossip, but the rumours are insistent about DCE being little chance of returning to the Qld camp any time soon, at least until all senior players are retired.

The fact that pretty much anyone who knows a minimum about RL, understands he's by far a much better choice than Hunt based on their on-field production, but still isn't picked, indicates how lowly he is looked upon by the Qld hierarchy and senior players, whom they believe they cannot rely upon...

Interesting backline:

1. Slater (fb)
2. Holmes (fb)
3. Chambers (centre)
4. Morgan (5/8th)
5. Gagai (fb/centre)
6. Munster (5/8th / fb)
7. Cronk (hb)

14. Hunt (hb/9 but won't be expected to play either?)

I reckon Hunt will actually come on in the 9 role with Smith moving to 6, Munster to 4 and Morgan to 13. Yep, but of a head scratcher this side, not to mention the wrong Storm player is once again sitting on the bench, doubling the amount of games Nuttley got who was far more deserving).

Interesting backline:

1. Slater (fb)
2. Holmes (fb)
3. Chambers (centre)
4. Morgan (5/8th)
5. Gagai (fb/centre)
6. Munster (5/8th / fb)
7. Cronk (hb)

I reckon Hunt will actually come on in the 9 role with Smith moving to 6, Munster to 4 and Morgan to 13. Yep, but of a head scratcher this side, not to mention the wrong Storm player is once again sitting on the bench, doubling the amount of games Nuttley got who was far more deserving).
I reckon you're over thinking it. Hunt to 9, Smith to lock (but in reality he'd be a third playmaker).

Well I called it about 10 times on the other chats haha. Ben Hunt will do well

That's the thing, Hunt doesn't need to do much that would normally put him in bed-shitting territory. Just tap in and make use of the control that Smith and Cronk bring to play to his strengths.

Hunt might not get that much game time. I am thinking Munster will mostly play 5/8 and Morgan in the centers.

Both those guys as well as Cam Smith can play 80 minutes . It would be very unusual to change halves during the game. And why would you want to move Cam Smith from dummy half? Hunt could be effective as a dummy half scooter though.

I guess Hunt could also have a roaming role like DCE and Cronk used to have in past origins . Kind of an undersized edge running forward. He can tackle the big guys ok most of the time , or at least slow them down till help arrives.

Also his role may be more of a true reserve back in case of injury.

Its all a bit confusing , but right behind all the boys now.

Last edited:

What a load of cod`s wallop . He defends on the fringe every week . Do teams run through him ? Defence is actually one of his strengths . For a half back he is a quality defender . Can play in the middle or on the fringe . When has DCE defended in the middle ?

Not picking DCE has got to Be the biggest gee up going! An in form half, who we are in need of, and doesn't get selected instead for an incredibly out of form half for a bench role. Kevvy and the other two have certainly thrown up some questionable selections this series.
I still really hope we win of course and being at home will help this big time but it's going to be tougher than ought to be.

Easier to combine Morgan and Munster with Bill , Cam , Cooper as they have trained together recently . Options with Morgan and Munster to swap positions . Not the same option with DCE . Also DCE doesn`t play hooker .

Munster centre / full back / 5/8 / back row in a pinch ah la Morgan . DCE half or 5/8 only .

Interesting backline:

1. Slater (fb)
2. Holmes (fb)
3. Chambers (centre)
4. Morgan (5/8th)
5. Gagai (fb/centre)
6. Munster (5/8th / fb)
7. Cronk (hb)

Smith played 1st - 2nd receiver in the 2nd half of game 2 . More than once in sets he was in midfield shoveling the ball on . Took 1 run late which was prolly his best moment of the match .

That's the thing, Hunt doesn't need to do much that would normally put him in bed-shitting territory. Just tap in and make use of the control that Smith and Cronk bring to play to his strengths.
This. There are already enough shot callers on the field, all he has to do is support. I'd guarantee Walters, Smith, cronk and slater are already in his ear about what they need him to do.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • john1420
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.