Game III teams

its not about 18th man anymore, its about why oates is the best winger available to QLD all of a sudden

No it's not even about that. In fact no one whatsoever has said that. It's about your constant fucking assertion that any broncos fan that has anything decent to say about a bronco is biased. It's also about you always go on about your right to your opinion and everyone has to 'deal with it' yet if they have a different opinion to you they are biased, or 'you can't help them'.

Has Lachlan Maranta played more games than Edrick Lee? He's also a thousand times more safe. He should be 18th man.

Has Lachlan Maranta played more games than Edrick Lee? He's also a thousand times more safe. He should be 18th man.

Steve Michaels has played more games than both of them, SOS Steve.

I actually saw something before game 1 about who the team should be based on stats and Maranta was on the wing.

This is all just mountain out of mole-hill talk.

The real news is that Cooper Cronk is back and the Maroons have come up with the perfect replacement for McGuire in Papalii who will be a weapon just like he was for the Kangaroos in the Four Nations.

Gagai's selection was logical, hopefully he turns it on at Suncorp and doesn't play like Hodges did on debut. Both share a lot in common as players.

Laurie hit copy and paste, which really was the highlight of his selection process but I hope somebody reminds him that Farah will most likely miss the game.

You're welcome to your own opinion, just as I am mine. 16 starts in the backline vs 4 years experience in the backline is just too much to overlook if we were to pick a player for a decider. Remember adam mogg? Very experienced player that barely anyone, including myself, really rated at the time. Yet he delivered a fantastic performance. Sometimes experience is a bit safer than a better player who is still relatively green.

If you find that "mind boggling" then I cant help u!

I think Holmes wouldve been 18th man this week if he had a bye this week
Are you for real? Now you're just grasping at straws.

Edrick Lee has played 38 games in 4 years of NRL, Oates has played 42 in 3 years.
The only difference is that Lee practically played all of them on the wing (about only 10 of which were actually good), while Oates only played 16 there.

Unfortunately, QLd are not exactly flush on wingers, and most of the eligible ones are at the Broncos, but regardless of that, Edrick would be one of my last choices.
Besides Holmes, Gagai and Chambers, I would pretty much take the whole backline corps of eligible players at the Broncos (Kahu, Maranta, Oates and even Vidot, who btw, is more experienced than Lee) ahead of him. In fact, I think the only Qld winger I wouldn't use ahead of him, is O'Neill.

This is all just mountain out of mole-hill talk.

The real news is that Cooper Cronk is back and the Maroons have come up with the perfect replacement for McGuire in Papalii who will be a weapon just like he was for the Kangaroos in the Four Nations.

Gagai's selection was logical, hopefully he turns it on at Suncorp and doesn't play like Hodges did on debut. Both share a lot in common as players.

Laurie hit copy and paste, which really was the highlight of his selection process but I hope somebody reminds him that Farah will most likely miss the game.
More than likely going for the TBA variant, so that Ennis can play...

No it's not even about that. In fact no one whatsoever has said that. It's about your constant fucking assertion that any broncos fan that has anything decent to say about a bronco is biased. It's also about you always go on about your right to your opinion and everyone has to 'deal with it' yet if they have a different opinion to you they are biased, or 'you can't help them'.

Everyone is biased to some degree. I am. You are. Everyone is, whether they like it or not. Its not a conscious thing, we dont even realise we are doing it. You are a very biased poster, just like i am, but at least i am willing to admit it. In fact, you are one of the most biased posters on here in my opinion (which may be biased :P ).

I only fight fire with fire too buddy. People tell me my choices are "mind boggling" or that i "couldnt have watched a game in 6 months" or whatever, that's clearly a passive aggressive thing to say, just like "i cant help you" or "deal with it". Theres no difference in how I argue my point of view and those that argue against me.

When it comes to QLD, i want the best team possible. I dont have an NRL club to support, so i have no point in arguing for a player from "my team" to make it in, unlike yourself. For arguments sake though, if Maranta was being tossed up as an option instead of lee, i would go for the maranta option. hes experience, safe and has shown he can handle the wing position. I am not against selecting broncos, i am against picking a player with less than 20 games in a position for a deciding state of origin match. My bias is for QLD, not the broncos

Are you for real? Now you're just grasping at straws.

Edrick Lee has played 38 games in 4 years of NRL, Oates has played 42 in 3 years.
The only difference is that Lee practically played all of them on the wing (about only 10 of which were actually good), while Oates only played 16 there.

Unfortunately, QLd are not exactly flush on wingers, and most of the eligible ones are at the Broncos, but regardless of that, Edrick would be one of my last choices.
Besides Holmes, Gagai and Chambers, I would pretty much take the whole backline corps of eligible players at the Broncos (Kahu, Maranta, Oates and even Vidot, who btw, is more experienced than Lee) ahead of him. In fact, I think the only Qld winger I wouldn't use ahead of him, is O'Neill.

FWIW I would take Maranta and Vidot over Lee too for a decider. Maranta is a good, safe option and vidot, while his handling can let him down, would at least make good metres coming out of our own end.

I am not saying Lee is the best option we have, im just saying i would take him over Oates, for a decider, at this stage of their career. I dont see why that is such a bad thing

I'm pretty sure I read on Foxsports earlier today that Farah had surgery today and has already been ruled out of Game 3, and they're brining in Hinchcliffe & J.Reynolds as cover.. correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure I read on Foxsports earlier today that Farah had surgery today and has already been ruled out of Game 3, and they're brining in Hinchcliffe & J.Reynolds as cover.. correct me if I'm wrong.

He had surgery, i havent seen hes been ruled out though (even though it seems obvious)

I thought the Blues were unsure whether the loophole actually exists in that circumstance?

If it does, that's terrible from the NRL considering how much they kicked up a stink over the TBA situation 10 years ago.

I doubt if they will go with Ennis unless he is cleared

It's been confirmed by an NRL spokesman that the loophole exists.

Both states agreed to never let it happen again, but no rule was actually created to stop them from doing it.

I thought the Blues were unsure whether the loophole actually exists in that circumstance?

If it does, that's terrible from the NRL considering how much they kicked up a stink over the TBA situation 10 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the loophole is closed. Both sides must name a full team - which the Blues did. QLD named 'TBA' years ago allowing Tuqiri to serve his suspension at club level.

To get around it, it seems the Blues have deliberately named a player they know full well won't be able to play which will clear Ennis if they go that way.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Loch Ness Monster
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Spoon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Cavalo
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • Splinter
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.