GAME THREE

Anyone seen the bullshit nrl.com player ratings? For NSW, they are as follows:

1. Josh Dugan
Among the best in a blue jersey on the night. Showed bravery in collecting some awkward kicks under pressure and never gave up in attack. 8/10
2. Will Hopoate
Made seven runs for just 35 metres gained. Had couple of missed tackles and his knock on gave Queensland the ball for their first try. 5/10
3. Michael Jennings
Responsible for one of the few NSW highlights to come out of the game, when he scooped up a loose ball and ran 60 metres to score. Helped his forwards with some carries early in sets. 7.5/10
4. Josh Morris
Had plenty of work to do as Queensland targeted his edge of the field. Made some nice reads and 15 tackles with two misses. 5/10
5. Brett Morris
Not many opportunities to inject himself with ball in hand. 6.5/10
6. Mitchell Pearce
Had a forgettable night on the tackling front missing five of his 23, including a soft effort for the final try of the game scored by Aidan Guerra. 5/10
7. Trent Hodkinson
With almost no ball to work with he still went looking for work in defence. 6.5/10
8. Aaron Woods
Registered decent numbers as always, but gave away three penalties in the first half which hurt his side. 7/10
9. Michael Ennis
Didn't let anyone down with his efforts, showing plenty of energy in defence where he led the NSW tackle count with 50. 8/10
10. James Tamou
Couldn't match the intensity of Matt Scott and Nate Myles in the early exchanges. 6/10
11. Beau Scott
Fairly solid on his edge, but another guilty of poor discipline at times. 6.5/10
12. Ryan Hoffman
Left the field midway through the first half with a calf injury and didn't return. 3/10
13. Paul Gallen
Just kept showing up for the visitors in the middle of the park. The only NSW forward to run for over 100 metres, while he also had 41 tackles. 8.5/10
14. Trent Merrin
Limited impact off the bench. Was placed on report for a lifting tackle on Corey Parker late in first half. 6.5/10
15. Boyd Cordner
Provided good cover after Hoffman was forced from the field with injury. 6.5/10
16. David Klemmer
Failed to replicate the impact he delivered off the bench in Game II, but was still NSW's best interchange man. 7/10
17. Josh Jackson
Had a quiet night after coming on in the second half, but did little wrong. 6.5/10

If no one apart from the injured Hoffman earned a rating lower than a five, how did they let in fifty points? Woods somehow got a 7/10 despite conceding three first-half penalties which were detrimental to his team.

This is why NSW have been so terrible over the last ten years - they have been unwilling to blame themselves and focus on the refs or the venues or other garbage to detract blame from themselves. An attitude adjustment would be good, as they seemed cocky and arrogant leading into the match, especially Klemmer, with the Daily Telegraph fueling the fires.

Even the media generally has been slanted towards NSW for the buildup to this game. Made me dry retch a couple of times reading FoxSports thisarvo.

I have no words. That's the bollocking I've been waiting since 2006 for, and it could not have come at a better time.

Just outstanding. Best origin game ever.

!!!EVAH!!!

The tears on LU are delicious, especially after Aaron Woods chest last year. Whinging about the refs is pretty quaint coming from them.

Don't know why people continue to refer to the LU forum.
It's a complete fuckhole of a RL board and is run by total shit *****.

I'll miss watching this guy play.

Thanks Hodgo.

11698523_10154010341758696_3751153793088664602_n.jpg

Pearce got absolutely owned defensively too. 7 missed tackles going by nrlstats (not final though), most of our tries down their right side.

Absolutely. Without Pearce it might have been different. Very happy with Papali and Lillyman. i knew Papali would hit up hard and tackle hard like he does for Canberra but Lillyman had some great runs too.

Amazing.

Just when you think you've seen it all from this Queensland side, they deliver a performance like that. While there was a ton of confidence heading into this game, I didn't see anybody tip the Maroons so comprehensively and after a performance like that, all you can do is tip your hat. This is a night that every Queenslander is going to remember for the rest of their lives and it truly was special. From the action on the field, to the post-match with the lighting and everything else. Just superb.

As a Broncos fan, I couldn't be prouder of our representatives. Corey Parker a well deserved Man of the Series with three great performances, Hodges went out with a bang and neither Gillett or Thaiday let anybody down with their performances. Okay, maybe Gillo let down JT with the off-side but that can be forgiven. A very solid series from Gillett after years of disappointment. He may not be as dynamic this season Gillo, but he's matured a lot as a player.

If there was one player who summed the Maroons up tonight it was Jacob Lillyman. I don't think anybody necessarily bagged out Jacob, they just thought the young kid Napa would be better. It was pretty sound logic, which Jacob must have recognised because he came on and utterly outplayed every single one of the Blues bench players. I'm not sure if he'll go around again, but after a performance like that, Jacob has solidified himself in Origin folklore.

Great stuff and what an evening.

If no one apart from the injured Hoffman earned a rating lower than a five, how did they let in fifty points? Woods somehow got a 7/10 despite conceding three first-half penalties which were detrimental to his team.

This is why NSW have been so terrible over the last ten years - they have been unwilling to blame themselves and focus on the refs or the venues or other garbage to detract blame from themselves. An attitude adjustment would be good, as they seemed cocky and arrogant leading into the match, especially Klemmer, with the Daily Telegraph fueling the fires.

Foxsports published a player rating and gal top scored with a very generous 6... Hopoate was given a 1, leading me to believe that the scale is 1-10 not 0-10

If there was one player who summed the Maroons up tonight it was Jacob Lillyman. I don't think anybody necessarily bagged out Jacob, they just thought the young kid Napa would be better. It was pretty sound logic, which Jacob must have recognised because he came on and utterly outplayed every single one of the Blues bench players. I'm not sure if he'll go around again, but after a performance like that, Jacob has solidified himself in Origin folklore.

So much this. He knew this was his last hurrah and was always going to give everything. So good.

Was so happy that we were in a position to give Hodges that kick too. A rare privilege.

Did anyone else think Gould sounded gutted towards the end there?

The tone of his voice, he didn't sound happy.

Before I write a massive post about tonight I just wanna say gagai was fantastic on debut! He has a lot of doubters on here, but like the qld team do often, he proved them all wrong.

I thought papalii and and lillyman were massive too. Never rated lillyman but he was immense tonight. I actually thought we were stronger with him and papalii on tonight.

easily the best defence I have ever seen from qld. We absolutely hammered them all nigh. Never seen anything like it before. It was immense

A very solid series from Gillett after years of disappointment. He may not be as dynamic this season Gillo, but he's matured a lot as a player.

I don't normally bag "Gillo" but fucking up JT with the offside and the dickhead pass that hit the turf and lead to the Jennings try, is just the sort of loose.....scatter brained shit he can do and does, fairly regularly.

Both his errors tonight pissed me off ....!!

LOL at NRL giving Klemmer a 7/10.

He was MIA.

Klemmer believed all the hype about himself.

IMO: He is nothing but a thug.

I don't normally bag "Gillo" but fucking up JT with the offside and the dickhead pass that hit the turf and lead to the Jennings try, is just the sort of loose.....scatter brained shit he can do and does, fairly regularly.

Both his errors tonight pissed me off ....!!

The pass bugged me too but Queensland were beginning to play silly buggers football which is why Chambers and GI were going themselves instead of throwing passes.

The offside was a non-factor. Just unlucky more than anything else like JT in last year's game.

@brentread_7: Trent Merrin - grade 2 dangerous throw 4-5 matches, Beau Scott grade 1 dangerous throw, 1 match

Queensland 26 up, Poms 3-40, you gotta love sports !

158078-Jerry-Seinfeld-popcorn-gif-Img-NI3K.gif

This is why NSW have been so terrible over the last ten years - they have been unwilling to blame themselves and focus on the refs or the venues or other garbage to detract blame from themselves. An attitude adjustment would be good, as they seemed ****y and arrogant leading into the match, especially Klemmer, with the Daily Telegraph fueling the fires.

Let the delusion continue for another 10 years

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.