Game Two

What an awful game.. I counted about 6-7 calls against us that were either 50/50 or just completely wrong.. referees need a serious scolding after that.

With that being said Cherry-Evans and Morgan were close to the most useless players I've ever seen in origin tonight, super disappointed, I hope Cronk can play with 1.5 legs in Game 3.

the old Lozza whinge to the head ref worked a treat for this match. That video ref was a massive dud call, he would've been the only person at the ground who thought that was no try.

Slater - No shoulder and it showed in defense. 6
Boyd - I thought he was good and terrorised the NSW right edge. 7.5
Inglis - It should have been a try, we all know it but he was dangerous tonight, look out game three. 8
Hodges - Did he even play? 5
Chambers - He has been great, until tonight. 5
Thurston - Really fell apart in the end but who wouldn't with DCE the other option. 6
DCE - Hunt would have been better, heck Sandow would have been better. 3
Scott - I thought he was a mountain up front, scored a try but let one in. 7
Smith - Phenomenal as always. 9
Myles - Looked old and slow. 6
Guerra - He does a lot of the hard work that goes unnoticed. 7
Thaiday - Not bad but not great. 7
Parker - Dependable as always but not his usual inpact. 7

Morgan - No impact but luckily DCE was playing so he wasn't worst on ground. 5
McGuire - I thought he was very good again but somewhat contained. 7
Gillett - He was fantastic when he was on and scored a trademark try. 8
Lillyman - I remember one run. 4

Bottom line - Too many passengers but even with a horrible halfback and not anywhere near our best, should would have won if not for an unbelievable decision.

Special mention to the refs, all of them including the video one, did their job and manufactured a game three.

Also the Morris try was clearly a dropped ball as he had lost control.

Yeah, but at the same time their no try didn't look like a forward pass either.

Really? It looked considerably forward in normal motion and slowed down, plus the two passes before looked pretty blatantly forward as well.

To me you couldn't say there was conclusive evidence to overturn that decision.

Mal certainly has a lot of work to do if he persists with DCE which he will. His style is just so different to Cronk's.

For mine, this game was lost by the Maroons with a lot of help from the refs. As well, the defensive holes and tackle attempts when they scored a few tries was dreadful.

The Blues showed me nothing special at all. They are pedestrian, ordinary. They only play well when the defence is poor.

Game 3 is 50-50 and it all depends on how DCE integrates with Thurston and the edges.

The only bright spots out of this game were the fact that most of the Broncos players were very good, Parker was our MOTM, McGuire & Gillett did awesome off the bench, Boyd & Thaiday were solid.

I don't remember Thaiday doing much other than letting Dugan stroll past him.

Hunt would have played more direct like Cronk

Absolutely gutted but at least it shows I still have the passion for Qld

I'm sooooo angry right now. Blatant match fixing. Pathetic, NRL....you've nearly lost me.

GI try was a try. On field refs said try. GUS and STERLO said try. Video ref clearly in a blue jersey, paid by the NRL for a 'result'. No other explanation. Not to mention the dodgy penalty to get them there, and Jennings blatant dropped ball a tackle or two beforehand.

Blues allowed to slow the ruck down to no end. Taking players off the ball all night. Not onside all night.

Just....no words. Pathetic. Soft tries that we let in, but we clearly gave up at the end and who could blame them.

FUCKING PATHETIC.

In other news, Hunt >>> DCE any day of the week. I've been saying it for over a year: DCE is a Kimmorley or Pearce, great at club level but unable to step up to rep. Bun Hunt, on the other hand, can do it. Plays more direct, like Coops, so a much better fit for the team structure. He would have smashed a couple of opportunities tonight that DCE bombed. Plus, his defence is rock solid; DCE is a turnstile and always needed an extra bloke as cover. Mal, for the love of whatever gods exist, DCE is NOT the answer...Hunt is. Loyalty is good, but not to a fault. DCE tonight showed he can't hack it. There's no excuses after the full week and a half in camp. To think he's QLD captain material is absolutely laughable. He won't even make the team once you give Hunt a crack.

So upset. And disgusted. I'd feel dirty as a Blues supporter. I can take fair losses, but rigged games....FIX YOUR SHIT, NRL. Or I'm done.

I'm sooooo angry right now. Blatant match fixing. Pathetic, NRL....you've nearly lost me.

GI try was a try. On field refs said try. GUS and STERLO said try. Video ref clearly in a blue jersey, paid by the NRL for a 'result'. No other explanation. Not to mention the dodgy penalty to get them there, and Jennings blatant dropped ball a tackle or two beforehand.

Blues allowed to slow the ruck down to no end. Taking players off the ball all night. Not onside all night.

Just....no words. Pathetic. Soft tries that we let in, but we clearly gave up at the end and who could blame them.

FUCKING PATHETIC.

In other news, Hunt >>> DCE any day of the week. I've been saying it for over a year: DCE is a Kimmorley or Pearce, great at club level but unable to step up to rep. Bun Hunt, on the other hand, can do it. Plays more direct, like Coops, so a much better fit for the team structure. He would have smashed a couple of opportunities tonight that DCE bombed. Plus, his defence is rock solid; DCE is a turnstile and always needed an extra bloke as cover. Mal, for the love of whatever gods exist, DCE is NOT the answer...Hunt is. Loyalty is good, but not to a fault. DCE tonight showed he can't hack it. There's no excuses after the full week and a half in camp. To think he's QLD captain material is absolutely laughable. He won't even make the team once you give Hunt a crack.

So upset. And disgusted. I'd feel dirty as a Blues supporter. I can take fair losses, but rigged games....FIX YOUR SHIT, NRL. Or I'm done.

This.

Wasn't there some feeling in the game at the end though? Next game is going to be an absolute cracker gents.

FUCKING PATHETIC.

Massive fan of The Bun. So much better than that hack Ben.

If it was fixed, though, why did they not just give the Blues the Pearce try...?

Some calls went against Queensland, but you have to play what you're given. Queensland never really looked into it, to be honest. There is no guarantee if the Inglis try is given that NSW don't come back and score again, just like they had previously.

Not terribly upset. Kind of expected a loss. The series is still alive and the decider is in Brisbane. I still like our chances.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.